Babygirl’s Sour Livers DWC Hydro Grow Journal, November 2021

Looks like you did a good job of patching her back up. Hope it takes and heals!
Praying hard to the Canna Gods that it heals!

They've got to get a little ugly before they get pretty... :)

If the broken branch doesn't wilt right away, there's a real good chance that it'll survive.

As far as clipping a few leaves goes- at this point, you want to clip any leaves growing off the topside of the branch-(the ones that would face inward if the branch were vertical) if you leave them, they'll shade the 3 growth points under them, and those points will grow very slowly- and ya don't want that!
there's probably only 2 that need clipping right now.
*You don't have to do it this way, I'm just relating how I do it.
Ok - then maybe its time to trim a few instead of trying to tuck - but I’m not touching her til tomorrow; but then I’m sure I’ll know if that branch makes it *praying*

I’m sure she will recover !!
I hope so, I actually felt sick to my stomach when I saw how it broke clean through and was only hanging on by a thread so to speak.

Ok, so this morning I took a quick peek in the tent dreading that I was going to see one branch full wilted and begging for release. Nope! No sign of wilting at all! I know ya’ll said it - but seriously I have never seen such a thing happen with my own eyes! I am frigging amazed.

Question though: how long does she keep the cast on her break?

I leave mine on. Unless it's something like a turnequit made from wire or unforgiving material. A week or two should do it if need I think.
In that case I’ll probably just leave it on then

Ok, so this morning I took a quick peek in the tent dreading that I was going to see one branch full wilted and begging for release. Nope! No sign of wilting at all! I know ya’ll said it - but seriously I have never seen such a thing happen with my own eyes! I am frigging amazed.

Question though: how long does she keep the cast on her break?
Leave it on and forget about it. If it were me, I would augment your cast with a stick that supports it from underneath, but that's just me. Depends on the break. I broke the main cola on the Dos Si Dos auto in a 7 of Fox Farms getting Geo nutes. It's in the journal a ways back when it happened. You see that plant now. I thought I lost the whole main top of the plant. Nope. Effective repair, and she spent a week in just LED so that the wind wouldn't undo my fix. After I week I started her back outside.

The resilience of these plants will never cease to amaze you.

Leave it on and forget about it. If it were me, I would augment your cast with a stick that supports it from underneath, but that's just me. Depends on the break. I broke the main cola on the Dos Si Dos auto in a 7 of Fox Farms getting Geo nutes. It's in the journal a ways back when it happened. You see that plant now. I thought I lost the whole main top of the plant. Nope. Effective repair, and she spent a week in just LED so that the wind wouldn't undo my fix. After I week I started her back outside.

The resilience of these plants will never cease to amaze you.
Yeah, I made sure to support the underside of the branch so she wasnt at a wonky angle … just like the dr has to straighten a break before it can be wrapped!

2021-12-06 - Day 30

Tent temp: 73F
Tent RH: 52%
Res temp: 69F
PPM: 900 … steady
pH: 6.1 … rising
Water level: … falling (down about another quart)

Seems like she’s doing ok after I broke her; no signs of wilting either this morning OR now after 24 hours. In the 2nd pic you can see the medical tape towards to top of the pic and what is outline is that branch.

2021-12-06 - Day 30

Tent temp: 73F
Tent RH: 52%
Res temp: 69F
PPM: 900 … steady
pH: 6.1 … rising
Water level: … falling (down about another quart)

Seems like she’s doing ok after I broke her; no signs of wilting either this morning OR now after 24 hours. In the 2nd pic you can see the medical tape towards to top of the pic and what is outline is that branch.

If she's still okay like that tomorrow you probably got away with it. Doesn't appear she skipped a beat. You must have fixed it ten seconds after it happened. Good, that's what you need to do if you care about whatever you broke. When I broke mine it was more severe, and it slowed her down a day or two while she put energy into fixing herself rather than insane growth. I figured that would happen with a break as bad as I had. I can't believe she pulled through. Excellent work by you.

If she's still okay like that tomorrow you probably got away with it. Doesn't appear she skipped a beat. You must have fixed it ten seconds after it happened. Good, that's what you need to do if you care about whatever you broke. When I broke mine it was more severe, and it slowed her down a day or two while she put energy into fixing herself rather than insane growth. I figured that would happen with a break as bad as I had. I can't believe she pulled through. Excellent work by you.
Lol - the bathroom (where all medication and first aid is kept in the linen closet) is like 5 feet from that room - and yes, swift action was called for. I didnt want to chance the damaged parts of drying before I could put them back together so yeah - maybe 20-30 seconds *lol*. The medical tape is now ON TOP of the grow tent!

The other reason it's great that you got that tape on their quickly is; risk of infection. Just like us, a big wound can get infected, but using medical tape sealed it up nicely :high-five:. I've read of people using clone-x or aloe Vera (directly from the plant) on the wound site to help (I didn’t mention it before as it was already nicely sealed, and truth is I've never tried it).

Back
Top Bottom