Amnesia Haze & Caramel Cream In Hydro

Bob brown replied to a post yesterday about calcium, you need more of it and less magnesium. So that explains why my nutrients ph Perfect starts at 5.5 ph where’s the calcium,it’s at 5.8 and down ! My ph stays below 5.8 for 5 to 7 days. Then magnesium is 5.8 and up , if you start feeding magnesium before calcium it locks your calcium out ! You need very little magnesium and a lot of calcium.
You do need air in that bucket !
You didn’t accidentally hit the ec button on p1&p2 ?
Hippie, it was several days ago when you asked about it and I denied it, but you were right. When I was getting those crazy ppm numbers I had accidentally switched to ec. I now know, because I did it again tonight. I had to strain to see that my meter said ec instead of ppm so maybe a date with the eye doctor is in the near future.

6/7/(72)

Got my new ph pen today. Seems nice, much heavier than my old one.

All the plants seem to be in a good place. The two Caramel Cremes (P1 and P2) are going to done a lot sooner than the Amnesia Haze, by at least 2 weeks and probably more.

P1 – ph 5.8, ppm 850
P2 – ph 5.9, ppm 780
P3 – ph 6.1, ppm 700

Feeding day tomorrow.

6/8 (73)

Feeding day! All nutirient levels will remain the same for the 2 Caramel Crème (P1&P2). I’m going to ramp up the nutes on P3 (Amnesia Haze). I think she can take it. I will ph water to around 5.6 for all three.

Used Water:

Plant 1: PPM 880 -- PH 6.0
Plant 2: PPM 525 -- PH 5.9
Plant 3: PPM 673 -- PH 6.0

New Water:

Caramel Crème
CaliMagic: 4 tsp (1 per gal)
FloraMicro: 4 tsp (1 per gal)
FloraGrow: 2 tsp (1/2 per gal)
FloraBloom: 6 tsp (1 1/2 per gal)
Terpinator: 4 tsp (1 per gal)
Hydroguard: 2 tsp (1/2 per gal)

Amnesia Haze (In same order of nutes as above)
4 tsp (1 per gal)
6 tsp (1 ½ per gal)
2 tsp (1/2 per gal)
8 tsp (2 per gal)
8 tsp (2 per gal)
2 tsp (1/2 per gal)

PH: 5.7, PPM 990 PH: 5.6, PPM 1000

Some Pics:

P1

Grow 3 D73a.JPG

P2

Grow 3 Day73.JPG

P3 (She's not as far along as her cousins.)

Grow 3 D73b.JPG

I'd suggest if yer using Terpinator in flower to run 1T per gallon, that's Tablespoon

What I've been doing with great results
Will do, Chris. Thanks!

Both P1 and P2 (Caramel Creme) are starting to show amber trichomes. Their time is about up!

Grow 3 D77.JPG

Hippie, I looked at some of the candidates for plant of the month and this one ain't it! Thanks for the kind words, though.

Hey, Hippie! No, I didn't accidentally measure ec. Wish that was the case!

My ph seems to have consistently fallen during this grow, so I don't think that starting at 5.5 is an option for me unless I want to constantly measuring and adjusting up. I'm too lazy for that. I think that after this grow, I will move to Advanced Nutrients Perfect ph! I like the way you describe it working for you! I don't mind checking ph daily, as long as I don't have to constantly make adjustments.

In my new bucket the hose from the air pump plugs into the top of the water level tube and bubbles up the water in the bucket. To check the water level, you merely turn off the pump or disconnect the hose from the top of the tube. Then the water level shows in the water level tube. Great convenience!

Grow 3 D71f.JPG
Ph is supposed to drop in bloom mate. You should be going in at 6.3-6.5.
Let it drop to 5.5-5.7 before you fix it.
Not sure where this myth of ph should always rise came from on here. It's like how everyone on groweasy thinks everything is TMV.
Assuming your feeding the right strength, which you are. Close enough anyway. The ph will rise during veg then drop during bloom.
This is caused by a change in root secretions and I'm assuming the lack of N plays a big part also. To make the most of this effect you go in at the lower end for veg and the higher end for bloom. That gives you the best swing through the useable ph range and ensures that you get the longest time possible between adjustments.

1 thing that will mess with this effect is using nutes that you feed the same NPK ratio the full grow.
If the nutes are too strong or too week it generally reverses the effect as well.

On your next run try feeding them like this.
Start the res on 200ppm and don't up it till the ppm starts to drop. Probably 10-14 days later.
Then go to 300ppm and do the same.
Etc etc.
You'll use the least amount of nutes possible.
Zero risk of toxicities.
No real risk of anything going wrong as long as you watch for the bottoms going yellow. go up by 200ppm if that happens.
This will keep the ppm dropping by like 20 a day and once you get the hang of it it really doesn't take any great thought to keep it perfect.
If the ppm drops just that little bit then the ph will behave as well as it can.
You'll also see how little they really need and save £€$ :)

6/15 (80)

Feeding day. Increasing Terpinator to 8 tsp. per gallon, FloraGrow to 4 tsp. and FloraBloom to 8 tsp. for all three plants, and will ph water to around 5.9 for all three. This definitely will be the last feed for P2 and maybe P3, as well.

Used Water:

Plant 1: PPM 1480 -- PH 5.4
Plant 2: PPM 1430-- PH 6.2
Plant 3: PPM 920 -- PH 5.6

New Water:

P1 Caramel Creme

FloraGrow: 4 tsp (1 per gal)
FloraBloom: 8 tsp (2 per gal)
Terpinator: 8 tsp (2 per gal)

PH: 5.9, PPM 1329

P2 Caramel Creme

PH: 5.7, PPM 1580

Amnesia Haze

FloraMicro: 6 tsp (1 ½ per gal)

PH: 5.9, PPM 1450

P1

Grow 3 D80 P1a.JPG

P2

Grow 3 D80 P2.JPG

P3

Grow 3 D80 P3a.JPG

Also curious

The Flora grow is usually stopped like week 6 or so of flower, I'd have to check my chart, camping Sooooo...lol

Curious why your running it till the end

Hold on...lol

Ya went from like 1t per gallon of Terpinator to 8t

????????
Chris, I went from 4 teaspoons (I per gallon of water) to 8 teaspoons (2 per gal.) Still below what you recommended (3 teaspoons/1 tablespoon per gal).

Chris, I went from 4 teaspoons (I per gallon of water) to 8 teaspoons (2 per gal.) Still below what you recommended (3 teaspoons/1 tablespoon per gal).

Ahhhhh

Just cornfusing how ya said it I guess....lol

I was thinking...MAN, that's a hell of a jump.....lol

Also curious

The Flora grow is usually stopped like week 6 or so of flower, I'd have to check my chart, camping Sooooo...lol

Curious why your running it till the end
Chris, probably not for the best reason. I'm using it because I'm almost out of it and I won't be using it again, ever.
I'm switching to Advanced Nutrients PH Perfect.

Think using it will hurt anything?

Advanced Nutrients.jpg

Ahhhhh

Just cornfusing how ya said it I guess....lol

I was thinking...MAN, that's a hell of a jump.....lol
That would have been a HUGE jump. lol I didn't grow up with the metric system. I express everything in teaspoons because I've been able to remember that one equals 5ml.

No it's just got more N thats not needed in flower, so watch the tips or maybe drop it down a bit

Are u using pH perfect in hydro??

I struggled with my pH in Hempy, but I was using half strength. It seemed good but think it needs stronger for the pH to balance out

Chris, probably not for the best reason. I'm using it because I'm almost out of it and I won't be using it again, ever.
I'm switching to Advanced Nutrients PH Perfect.

Think using it will hurt anything?

Advanced Nutrients.jpg

No it's just got more N thats not needed in flower, so watch the tips or maybe drop it down a bit

Are u using pH perfect in hydro??

I struggled with my pH in Hempy, but I was using half strength. It seemed good but think it needs stronger for the pH to balance out
I will be using it in hydro, my next grow.

Back
Top Bottom