Grandpa's 1st Grow - Soil - Tent - 300W LED - Blue Mystic & Northern Lights XL Autos

Re: Grandpa's 1st Grow - Soil - Tent - 300W LED - Blue Mystic & Northern Lights XL Au

If i run into one of the guys using EJ i'll send them this way.

Re: Grandpa's 1st Grow - Soil - Tent - 300W LED - Blue Mystic & Northern Lights XL Au

Update:

We went ahead and pulled the Polar Express and the Rhino Rider. Blue Trickle is still going strong! What we found was really unnerving, and made me realize how stupid I really was. The roots were virtually non existent. And Kelley said that she saw a lot of larvae in the soil. I was quite the idiot by not thinking about the soil as deep as they were. I am sure there's root rot in the mix as well. The soil was rather, not really... Very wet down at the level where the roots, or what was left of them were. Somehow the soil dryed well in the first inch but after about an inch and a half or two it was very wet. Note to self... Never use lava rocks again!

We have some pics, and as soon as we get them organized and uploaded, I'll post them. Just be sitting down when you open them, LOL!

good to do the autopsy to see what was going on. makes sense the bottom was wet, if there were no roots down there, nothing to drink the water, roots were in the top part of the soil, so it was drying out. less watering next time, so the roots are forced to grow down to seek water, and some prevention on the bugs, and you will be good to go

Boom...not to mention real soil... LOL! Yes the watering will be cut down, the soil will be compacted properly, the soil will have about 10% more polite than what comes in the FFOF already. I think we will probably use fabric pots next time. The soil will also be checked as well as possible for larvae, eggs and adults creepy-crawlies. These among many others that I have learned to keep control of this will hopefully, with God's will, make it a successful run.

PW... that's what I understand from what everybody tells me and from what I have read. Therefore, we will be taking the plunge and using them in a 3 gallon size. I am also going to be using the Earth Juice newts as I described in a post above. Got our soil yesterday. Yay! Once the blue Trickle is done, we will get everything cleaned up in the tent, and let it air out a while. While it's doing that wheel Mount the exhaust fan and see if we have the extra money to get a couple of cinder blocks and a shelf board that will fit. I am also considering only doing to girls this next run.

I almost have the pictures organized. I will probably upload them today

PW... that's what I understand from what everybody tells me and from what I have read. Therefore, we will be taking the plunge and using them in a 3 gallon size. I am also going to be using the Earth Juice newts as I described in a post above. Got our soil yesterday. Yay! Once the blue Trickle is done, we will get everything cleaned up in the tent, and let it air out a while. While it's doing that wheel Mount the exhaust fan and see if we have the extra money to get a couple of cinder blocks and a shelf board that will fit. I am also considering only doing to girls this next run.

Sounds like you are in the planning stages to knock one out of the park Grandpa..I know you and Kelley can do it, when you can, put up a few pictures of your current tent set up as it is now with the Trickle, maybe I and the other great folks that are wishing you the best can give you advise on your current lighting, ventilation, and space set-up to ensure less issues on the next adventure!

:party:

OT...what what a great idea! I am preparing to upload the pics of our to sad little failures, and I will get a couple of pics of the tent set up and post them next.

Sounds like you will have a proper set up for your next grow. The 3 gallon fabric pots will grow big plants and are fairly easy to move if you need to. Let me know if there is anything else you need to get started on your next grow.

All right everyone... Here are the pics of our two little sad failures, and a couple of the blue Trickle , Still Standing Tall and looking great. Please post your comments and viewpoints. I will follow these up with a couple of pictures of the setup. Rhino Rider and polar express... Our epic failures.
06-21-17_Sad_Failures.jpg

Rhino...what roots?
06-21-17_RR_Roots.jpg

Trickle...comments please. Estimate please of where she is maturity wives and possibly when we should start looking to harvest?
06-21-17_BT_Top.jpg

06-21-17_BT_Side.jpg

The Treacle looks like it still has some swelling to do. Cant wait to see your new grow up and running.

PW...all right. I'm frankly not surprised to hear that. Does anyone else have any observations?

Here are a couple of pics showing the setup. I know, I know quite the Mickey Mouse except for the lights and the 10th itself. But... That's why I agreed with OT and post these for suggestions or comments also.

Grow_Tent_12.jpg

Grow_Tent_21.jpg

I agree with Penny, Trickle has a couple more weeks to go,

What are you using to hang and adjust your light with? If you don't have a ratchet hanger let me know I have extra's, they make light adjustment a breeze and would allow you to remove your crates and get the plants near the floor where the fresh air is entering the bottom of the tent.:cheer:

OT...all we have his foot came with the light. I am going to assume that they are not ratchet hangers, as Kelley has told me how difficult it is to adjust. I have had to hold it up while she tries to adjust the height on all the chains.
Your offer is accepted with huge thanks, again!

Pw... the lights are down as far as they will go.

Gamps,
Here are the recommended distances from the light to top of your plant, from the company you are using.

Germination- 24-30"
Vegetation---18-24"
Flower------12-18"

Try stacking a couple crates for double the height, hopefully that will get you in the range. You could also use a box, a bucket, or whatever you have that is solid and wont tip over.
OT...all we have his foot came with the light. I am going to assume that they are not ratchet hangers, as Kelley has told me how difficult it is to adjust. I have had to hold it up while she tries to adjust the height on all the chains.

CB...thanks for those light recommendations. I will copy and then paste those to a separate note to make it easier for me to find and refer to. We'll go out hunting for a couple more crates today and hopefully be able to get them set up.

They will be in the mail today and you should get them early next week, it will be something you can use to make life a little easier for both of you right away. I am sending you 2 ratchet straps, the other may come in handy for a fan or temp/humidity monitor.

I will post a picture tonight on how to properly use them as I seem many growers using them upside down:slide:
:peacetwo:

Hey Grandpa, tent looks good, besides what others have said.

Now, I see a fan for circulation inside the tent in those pics, but I do not see a fan for air exchanges of the tent itself. Do you have a fan for the tent? If not, you will probably want to look at getting a 4" inline fan, since it is only a 2x2 tent, a 4" should be fine...

Back
Top Bottom