Flowering - Red Dragon Fem - 500 Watts Advanced XTE LED

yum000

Day 52 for six Red Dragon each in a 2 gallon fabric pot and FF Ocean forest straight, nutrient principally has been FF Tiger Bloom at about 1.5 tsp/gal every other feeding, along with 3 tsp/gal Big Bloom ph'd to 6.5 always before applying. The last couple weeks they've been receiving FF Bembe 3tsp/gal & FF Cha-Ching 1/4 tsp gal every watering. Today they received their last feeding at 1/2 dose. On two occaisions since 12/12 I've bubbled a compost tea mixture from Buffalo loam 2 TBSP/gallon loose, FF Bembe 3 tsp/gal & Blackstrap molasses 1 tsp gal. I bubble this in a 5 gallon pickle bucket for 48 hours with a heating pad set on low below the bucket the last before applying I add aprox 1/2 tsp/gal bio-cozyme & 1 tsp gallon FF Sledgehammer Flush-as a finisher & to aid penetration.

Grow space is a 36x36in grid in a 40x40 Matrix Horticulture tent w 35 cfm intake fan at bottom & 265cfm fan exausting out top. Lights (2) Advanced Led Lights XTE 200s & 1 XTE 100 at 26 inches above the canopy. Not supplementing with co2 in any way other than I cook a lot with natural gas in the nearby kitchen.

IMG_0015262.JPG
IMG_0014256.JPG
IMG_0013283.JPG
IMG_0012272.JPG
IMG_0010326.JPG
IMG_0009323.JPG

Day 56 Update....

I've got my dehumidifier set at 35% blowing air near the inlet for the lower fan, temps in the tent are max 78-79 during the day-68-70F night time. I flushed them for the final time yesterday with sledgehammer flush 2 tsp/gal Just now took these pictures with my microscope, amber trichs seem scarce to me, lot's of cloudy though so I think harvesting this coming Sunday or Monday might be ideal after killing the lights for 48 hrs prior. Agree?

S20161019_009.jpg
S20161019_008.jpg
S20161019_010.jpg
S20161019_007.jpg
S20161019_006.jpg
IMG_0030163.jpg
IMG_0029166.jpg
IMG_0028179.jpg

l

:high-five: ASK AND YOU SHALL RECEIVE STRYKER!!! LOL

Actually, I was just sitting down to provide the final tally. The branches have been hanging in the tent for the past week and I've been vaporizing the scrub buds in the volcano, I've vaporized a few of the prime nugs too. Definitely a strong Sativa High, very similar to Nirvana's AK-48 (I've had a lot of experience with that strain-one of my favs) the breeder Barney's farm claims Red Dragon has a thc content of 22% - High and I believe it. It's an energetic high, relaxing but not a couch locker and I'd recommend, based on my own experience, against using this strain late at night, I've been up 2 hours past my usual bed time every night this past week. -I enjoyed myself, but 9 2 5er's probably want to save this one for the weekends or use closer to 5.
Now, for some numbers. Keep in mind I've been consuming for about 5 days now and I estimate I've probably consumed about 10-15 grams-shared some with a friend too.

7 Jars @ 43 grams per Jar = 301 grams

sm Jar = 35 grams

Bowl = 15 grams

consumed = 15 grams

tot = 366 grams aprox

yield under 410 watts Advanced XTE LED's total.

IMG_005684.jpg

Looks great, those LEDS definetely work well. You wouldnt happen to have any week 5 pics laying around would you? I'm looking for something to compare my current grow to as I lost my old photos from the last red dragon grow.

Did you see any difference using the extended dark cycle to end flowering? Also; with this strain I can go into 9 weeks and see almost no amber trichomes, was this the case with you?

Regarding the potency, I have a relative who has been smoking for 30+ years and this is now his favorite. He said it's the strongest smoke he has every had.

Hey there Strykr, sorry for the delay, was busy setting up my new grow a couple Massive Midgets in top fed DWC under the same lights, and yeah, flying high on a Friday night enjoying life. You know I think the extended dark cycle along combined with taking the humidity down to 35% the last few days helped induce some further resin production. This is my first grow of Red Dragon so I don't have a previous grow without as a benchmark-so I'll have to go with my gut on this one and say yes there was a benefit, it also allowed additional time for the plants to dry out naturally. This is something I do want a more definite answer on myself, and in the future I'm going to try a couple identical grows back to back and try with & withtout saving some leftover from the first grow to compare of course-because as it stands, ending it the way I do with the dehumidifier running ragged is energy intensive being that little 30 pint jobby sucks as much electric as all my lights combined.
As for potency, yeah, I'd agree, this is one of the most potent if not most potent I've ever had. As for amber Trichs, no, I didn't see a one ever.

As close as I've got is a week 6 picture, here you go...

IMG_0002387.jpg

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom