Amnesia Haze & Caramel Cream In Hydro

Remind me when ya do, I'd like to follow along

I still have all my jugs half full
I will, Chris. Going to run some Sticky Finger and Thin Mint Crack!

6/17 (82)

I have screwed up my Plant 3. When I fed her on June 8 I dramatically increased the nutrient level because as I said, “I think she can take it.” Well, she couldn’t. Now she looks terrible, with lots of yellow leaves and more on the way.

I dumped the bucket and flushed with plain water, ph 5.6. I am prepping a very gentle nutrient mix to replace part of the plain water within a few hours. I guess all I can do now is sit back, wait and see what happens. Damn, I can be so dense!

At this stage in growth, I don't think this one is going to recover.

Grow 3 D82 P3 is sick.JPG

6/18 (83)

I cut most of the ugly yellow leaves off of P3 (Amnesia Haze). Replaced about 1.5 gallons of the plain water with my mild nute mix (two teaspoons [per 4 gallons of water] of CalMag, Micro, Bloom, Terpinator and Hydroguard --no Grow).

6/21 (86)

Plant 3 seems to have stabilized. I’m still concerned about how it might mature and taste. The buds feel kind of fluffy right now. Hopefully they will firm up. Tomorrow, I going to put her back on the nutrient dosage where she was before I had the brain fart.

Grow 3 D86 AH.JPG

Grow 3 D86 AHa.JPG

6/22 (87)

This morning I put Plant 3 back under a sensible nutrient load.

(Per 4 gallons of water):

CalMag 4 tsp
Micro 4 tsp
Bloom 4 tsp
Terpinator 4 tsp
Hydroguard 2 tsp

PPM 960 PH 5.8

P1 and P2 (Caramel Creme) are doing well. They've been on very mild nutrients for the last week (just Terpinator).

Tomorrow, I'm dumping that water and replacing with just ph'd water and a flushing solution. Next weekend, they are coming down!

I'll try to post some nice pics when they are out of the tent.

6/24 (89)

Topped Plant 3 using same nutrient blend as last feed. She needed 1 gallon. Water in the bucket was at 5.9 PH and 960 PPM.

Plants 1 & 2 are ripe! I had them on plain water and Terpinator for the last week or so. Today, I’m dumping the buckets and putting them in plain water and “Flawless Finish” (Advanced Nutrients). Next Tuesday, I’m taking them down.

Both plants are kind of short but they have some nice sticky, stinky buds. I’ve been cutting of fan leaves for the last 2 weeks or so. Just a few a day. They still have a lot left.

Shout out to Seedsman! These are some awesome plants! And they survived me!

P1

Grow 3 P1End.JPG

P2

Grow 3 P2End.JPG

I took down the Caramel Cremes today!

P1 was 475 grams wet and P2 was 570 grams.

I was surprised at the color of these plants. In the natural light on my back porch they were purple and light purple. I had not been able to see these colors when looking at them in the house.

Now I have to put Plant 3 out back because I need the tent to dry these two plants and P3 likely has 2 weeks to go. I'm concerned, because we're in the middle of a heat-wave (low to mid 90s). But my only other option is to put it into a closet that's probably hotter than it is outside. I think if I can get these 2 plants dried within 7 days things might be okay. Then I can put P3 back in the tent for her last days.

Pics:

P1 first two. P2 second two.

Grow 3 P2Endc.JPGGrow3 P1Enda.JPGGrow 3 P2Enda.JPGGrow 3 P2Endb.JPG
P2

6/28 (93)

With P1 and P2 drying in the tent, P3 has been placed on the back porch in the high heat and humidity (Today's high 92 F). She doesn’t seem to mind the conditions (yet). We shall see.

After my experience cutting down and trimming the first two plants, I am now a big fan of defoliation. I now believe that all those little side stems that start but will never reach maturity need to be cut off as soon as they can be recognized. They just suck up energy and will result in nothing usable.

P3 got a heavy defoliation this morning.

Grow 3 D93a.JPGGrow 3 P3 Day 93.JPG

P1 and P2, RIP.

Grow 3 P1 & 2 drying.JPG

In my post on June 27, I accidentally posted identical pics of my chopped plant. This is the other plant, and the pic I meant to post.

Grow 3 P1Ende.JPG

7/1 (96)

Put Plants 1& 2 in jars.

With the drying out of the way, Plant 3 is back in the tent. This plant has been through some tough times. I over-fed it nutrients one week. It recovered (I think). Then it had to spend several days outside in blistering heat. And outside it only got 13 hours on sunlight daily, whereas I was running 20 hours of light inside.

So now that it’s back in the tent and almost done, I gonna pile on. I’ll be running the lights for 24 hours until this girl is ready!

Grow 3 P3 D96a.JPG

7/5 (100)

Chopped down Plant #3 (Amnesia Haze). The plant I used to call a runt produced 684 grams, wet. I’ve got enough for a decent sized Christmas wreath.

Grow 3 P3 chopped.JPG

grow 3 P3 bowl.JPG

7/20/19

Smoke Report

The Caramel Cream has been curing for 19 days. I'm thinking it might be a bit too early try it, but I do it anyway. These buds smell great, a sweet and earthy combination. I crushed up a bud by hand rather than use a grinder so I could feel the texture. Sticky and gooey! The taste is really nice, a mix of caramel and Pepper!

The buzz, is worthy of a capital "B."

If this stuff gets better after a few more weeks of curing, I'm in for a real treat!

Ya tried the Amnesia Haze yet?

It's a great Sativa for sure.... I had to make Fem seeds cuz I liked it so much
Not yet, Scorpio. It's only been jarred for two weeks.

You should try it, week, two, six.....lol

I'd hit it.....lol
I'm so ashamed. At my age, still caving to peer pressure!

You talked me into to trying the Am Haze, Scorpio!

Not bad. Still tastes a little rough but a nice kick!

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:
Thanks. I've started another Journal.

Peace go with you.

7/5 (100)

Chopped down Plant #3 (Amnesia Haze). The plant I used to call a runt produced 684 grams, wet. I’ve got enough for a decent sized Christmas wreath.

Grow 3 P3 chopped.JPG

grow 3 P3 bowl.JPG
Congrats on your harvest @Grand Daddy Black. i was wondering how were you adjusting the ph and adding your nuts to the res with that heavy plant on the lid?

Congrats on your harvest @Grand Daddy Black. i was wondering how were you adjusting the ph and adding your nuts to the res with that heavy plant on the lid?
Thanks, PK.

I had a spare bucket. I took the plants out of the water and put them into the spare. I think the roots actually like the 5-10 minutes when they're just hanging in no water, sucking up oxygen.

Then, just dump the old water down the toilet, clean out the bucket (important) and fill it back with new water (ph'd with nutes).

To replenish -- but not refill -- the bucket, I used one of these battery-operated liquid transfer pumps.

pump.jpg

Hope this helps. :Rasta:

Back
Top Bottom