Grandpa's 1st Grow - Soil - Tent - 300W LED - Blue Mystic & Northern Lights XL Autos

Re: Grandpa's 1st Grow - Soil - Tent - 300W LED - Blue Mystic & Northern Lights XL Au

Boom...if you are referring to an inline exhaust fan, I had planned on getting one. It will have to be a little down the road though. I have a 10 pack of 3-gallon Smart Fabric pots and the Earth Juice 3 pack in my cart on eBay. Their cost is all we can do for July. I'll see if I can find an inexpensive or inch fan. I'm assuming that in mine means basically inside the opening on the sides of the tent. I'm also assuming that a carbon filter would be a good idea as well. If it cannot be placed in the budget, I will take the exhaust hole on the 10th and place it in a window.
BTW... the tent was sent to me compliments of OlderGrower, as was the light. So I had better set it up and use it correctly or be thumped. lOL

Re: Grandpa's 1st Grow - Soil - Tent - 300W LED - Blue Mystic & Northern Lights XL Au

You dont need an exhaust fan necessarily.. just some how mount a 4" or 6" fan in two of the portals of the tent. The intake being on the bottom of the tent and the extake being on the top. The two little fans would help a lot with the air movement and you wouldnt need to leave those flaps open.

IT..so what what you are saying is to mount the one that we have on the bottom, and maybe another one like it exhausting out through one of the sleeves on the top of the tent. Or can we leave the one on the top blowing the way it is and then exhaust out through one of the top sleeves?

I like the idea of moving it a little bit lower. I thought the angle we had on it was giving them some air circulation through their foliage. Maybe not, so to be safe maybe I will move the one a little bit lower and then Mount the second one so that it is blowing out one of the top sleeves. Thanks a ton, IT!

Hi Grandpa,
Hopefully you got the ratchet straps, I was going to take a picture and post the proper way to use it , but was a busy weekend and so far a busy week!

The ratchet with the carabiner (short side) should be at the bottom and used hook to your light chains/wires, and the other carabiner will hook to your top tent support...just center the support in your tent, and loop it around the support and clip it on its cord. This will allow you to adjust it on your support by sliding it one way or the other. It is much easier to adjust it at the lights height rather than reaching up to the top of the tent and trying to adjust...just remember to tie the excess cord away from your light to a tent support so it is not sitting against the light...we don't want a fire!

Hope things are looking good:thumb:

OT..no strap yet. I will show Kelley your instructions and I am sure it will go up correctly. Trickle is showing yellowing of leaves now. I am going to assume that means she is on her last legs. Going to give her one more drink of water and water alone, then see where we are. I will post a couple of pics after the watering and have you guys take a look before I do anything. One thing I know that I can say with 100% honesty right now. I know I will need this more help from you guys on the visual aspects of the plants, as Kelley try's her level best, but cannot describe what she is seeing in a manner that can be used to make a picture in my head just yet. So I am going to ask all of you to help out with that. That means a lot more pictures next time. I hope I don't overload all of you. I am considering starting the new Journal as soon as Trickle is finished and we are readying the 10th for the new girls.

We plan on using a 25/75 bleach and water solution to clean out the tent. Got to get rid of the rest of those little buggers that have been bugging and apparently started route chomping. Do you guys think that will take care of the issue?

IT...I apologize. I obviously posted that to look like I meant 75% bleach, when I meant 75% water and 25% bleach. I believe that you gives us the ratio you were talking about. Thanks for the correction, though! I could have just as easily been talking 75% bleach. Next post will be the blue trickle pics.

As promised...
She got some water only, and then got her pictures taken. Please, guys and gals, please give me your detailed impression other than the fact that she is obviously stunted. I think I know the reason why and that will be fixed in the next run. As always, thank you in advance for your comments and advice and as always may God bless!

06-28-17_BT_Top.jpg

06-28-17_BT_Side.jpg

Oops no apologies needed i misread it lol. Thank you sir.. good deal then. looks like the trickle is now going through what the others did and is yellowing and wilting up at then ends of the leaves. I think she is giving up as well man.. give her a few days if you want but i hate to say it, its better to move onto your next grow now. You have all this info fresh on your brain its time to use it.. get that new grow going bud no worries! We are all excited to see what you can do!

That's what I was afraid of. What was described to me was exactly that. Bet you there's not a bunch of roots left. I agree that the new grow should start ASAP. All I have to do is order the EJ nutes, fabric pots and 4 inch inline fan that are waiting in my cart on unfortunately, that will have to wait until after July 3rd. That's when the money it's the bank for us every month. I want to thank all of you for your loyalty, help, professionalism, friendship and anything else positive that happened with this grow. I would be in a far worse place without you all, regardless of how terrible this one came out the next one will be better. As soon as I get the journal started, I will post the link here and report this to be moved to the completed journals area.

All right everybody... I am preparing to start my new Journal, and am getting excited to start the second grow. The blue trickle will come down today, and the tent will get washed out during the beginning of next week after our grandkids go home
Our son was kind enough to install the ratchet straps for the lights, so they are ready to go. All I have left to get are in my cart on fleaBay. I'm going to post the link below for each product, and if you guys could please check them out and let me know if that is what I'm going to need. I think I picked out the proper things, but since I cannot see the pictures, I would like to know for sure. Thanks again for your help!

3 Pack Earth Juice Organic Nutrients Grow, MicroBlast & Bloom 32 Oz. + Pipette | eBay

5-Pack Premium Fabric Grow Pots 1, 2, & 3 Gallon Sizes *BPA FREE* Grow Bags | eBay

4" 6" 8" Inch Booster Fan Inline Blower Exhaust Ducting Cooling Vent HPS | eBay

I was thinking, you are going to have the opportunity to get to know your plants in a more intimate manner than many with good eyesight, as you will be able to use touch as you learn. Feeling the plant as they look for water, show signs of stress, or when they are happy. Eventually I would imagine that you will be able to train them and respond to their needs with the combination of touch and a general visual description. What I am getting at is that dont think for a second that you are going to be at a disadvantage in the long term. You will, like the rest of us, have a bit of a learning curve but eventually settle into a routine and know what your plants need.

Looking forward to your next journal!

UA...I don't think you you could have put it any more succinctly or profoundly. I certainly hope and pray I can work toward that final goal. Until then, I'm afraid I'm going to have to rely on you and everyone else who wants to come along for the info I may be missing. I will try to be as detailed as I can in what we do each day. Thank you for that encouragement and for hanging out. God bless!

I am following many journals right now, almost too many, but there are a handful that I look forward to reading every time I log on, yours is one Grandpa, cant wait to follow your next adventure. I am sure you will surprise yourself with what you will accomplish. It will be wicked awesome.

Looks good on your ebay stuff (I never used EJ so cannot comment) Does Kelley sew? you could make 30+ fabric pots out of a roll of landscape fabric...

I have not used the smart pots, but I hear that transplanting is horrible, so, I would just look at the 3 gal, and start them in a regular plastic nursery 1 gal, then transplant into the fabric. Unless you are going to do an auto, then I hear you should start in your final pot... either way, I think the 1 gal, and 2 gal fabric pots would be a waste of money.

the 90 CFM 4" is probably all you need, your tent is 2x2x6? so 24 cu ft? the 90 cfm will change that air 3 times a minute.

cant wait. and have a Happy 4th Grandpa!

Boom... thank you so much for those encouraging words. I sure hope we can surprise ourselves this time. Now if I understand correctly, only the three gallon pots. That's what I was going to order. You had your choice of one two or three, and I am ordering a 5 pack of the three gallon pots.
A 90 cfm is enough, ya think? Okay. The 4-inch 90 CFM is cheaper. Thanks for saving me some dollars, man. So you will be ordered on the 3rd, and then just shipping time. As far as the girls, they will be Autos, so they'll be planted directly into their final home as you suggested. Thanks to you for sticking around! We'll see you on the next run. God bless!

Okay, folks. I think this has run its course. So I will be reporting this to be moved to the completed journals section. I am also going to be starting my new Journal today. Before I move this thread I will post the link to the new Journal. My thanks to all of you for your opinions, suggestions, help, opinions and especially for all of the things you were willing to spend and did! All of you know who you are, and that includes everybody that participated in this grow. The knowledge I have garnered from hands-on experience is worth his weight in gold. And I don't mean Columbian gold... LOL next post will be the link to the new Journal. God bless everyone and hope to see you on the new one.

Back
Top Bottom