Amnesia Haze & Caramel Cream In Hydro

Starting to remember! I don’t have air in my reservoir because of the ph floating around. But you can’t do that with dwc only rdwc . I have a circulation pump and a faster mixing pump . @
InTheShed brought that to my attention no air in the reservoir it quits messing with the ph .

What happened in the last two? I just started my first grow and journal.... If I can get to where you are right now I'll consider it a success lol
The first one grew like a dream but I messed up and dried it too fast. The buzz was good but the taste was not. The second grow, I broke the main stalk trying to train the plant and it stopped growing. It did mature and bloom, and the smoke was great. I only got about a half oz though.

What happened in the last two? I just started my first grow and journal.... If I can get to where you are right now I'll consider it a success lol
The first one grew like a dream but I messed up and dried it too fast. The buzz was good but the taste was not. The second grow, I broke the main stalk trying to train the plant and it stopped growing. It did mature and bloom, and the smoke was great. I only got about a half oz though.
I noticed that both of you have no grows in your signature . Do you know how many growers in dwc are looking for your grows ?
It tells you how in the helpful link on my post . It’s a Teddy Edwards post on how to’s

West Hippie, I added a link. Thanks for the heads up.

Ahhh, that sounds like common mistakes. Easy fixes. Sorry to hear, though. That's what drove me to grow my own... Tired of terrible cures because I can't stand the taste. I'm going to cure for a long time, which is going to suck because I'll want to hit it hard every day.

Any idea why mine is falling? I'm gonna research it to see if I can find an answer. But if you have immediate insights that would be helpful.
pH falls in bloom naturally mate. To combat it you go in at 6.3-6.5 and adjust it back up if it hits 5.7.
That gives you the best range to absorb everything.
If it's dropping too fast it means your nutes are the wrong strength.
The idea is to keep the ppm steady. So say youre going in at 800 and it rises to 1000. That means they only want like 500 so don't top it up. Just empty it and figure out what strength it should be.
If you're having to fix the ppm and pH with a top up then the original dose is wrong.
The pH should only be going off by 0.1-0.2 per day. Any more and it's the ppm that needs fixed to stop it happening.
Keep the ppm on point and you'll rarely ever need to worry about the pH.
Should be around 600 for those to keep it all steady I'd say.
Full strength pk, quarter strength nutes, wee bit calmag. Something like that.

Ahhh, that sounds like common mistakes. Easy fixes. Sorry to hear, though. That's what drove me to grow my own... Tired of terrible cures because I can't stand the taste. I'm going to cure for a long time, which is going to suck because I'll want to hit it hard every day.
If there's one thing I'm sure of is that you can't cure for too long!

pH falls in bloom naturally mate. To combat it you go in at 6.3-6.5 and adjust it back up if it hits 5.7.
That gives you the best range to absorb everything.
If it's dropping too fast it means your nutes are the wrong strength.
The idea is to keep the ppm steady. So say youre going in at 800 and it rises to 1000. That means they only want like 500 so don't top it up. Just empty it and figure out what strength it should be.
If you're having to fix the ppm and pH with a top up then the original dose is wrong.
The pH should only be going off by 0.1-0.2 per day. Any more and it's the ppm that needs fixed to stop it happening.
Keep the ppm on point and you'll rarely ever need to worry about the pH.
Should be around 600 for those to keep it all steady I'd say.
Full strength pk, quarter strength nutes, wee bit calmag. Something like that.
Thanks, Barney. I really love your last line, "Something like that." It reflects what I'm feeling about this whole ppm/ph issue! :p

Thanks, Barney. I really love your last line, "Something like that." It reflects what I'm feeling about this whole ppm/ph issue! :p
Haha don't worry mate. Give it a few weeks and the penny will drop. It's a steep learning curve but once you filter through all the bollocks and start to realise how easy it is you'll wonder why you were so confused.
Give it time buddy. You'll get it soon enough :)

Here’s two helpful charts from @Chris Scorpio !
I went to frequently asked questions with this ph issue. I tagged you in there so keep an eye on it. Chart notice Falling is not a good thing!
1580AC0E-0315-4B02-A8ED-3A33913F3DA0.jpeg

Here’s two helpful charts from @Chris Scorpio !
I went to frequently asked questions with this ph issue. I tagged you in there so keep an eye on it. Chart notice Falling is not a good thing!
1580AC0E-0315-4B02-A8ED-3A33913F3DA0.jpeg
I hope i'm not being a pain, but I am getting confused. These EC references of 0.2 are throwing me for a loop. When I switch my TDS meter from PPM to EC it seems to double the ppm reading. I have a bucket of water sitting here and I measured the PPM at 350. I switch to measure EC and it shows 700. What am I missing?

I hope i'm not being a pain, but I am getting confused. These EC references of 0.2 are throwing me for a loop. When I switch my TDS meter from PPM to EC it seems to double the ppm reading. I have a bucket of water sitting here and I measured the PPM at 350. I switch to measure EC and it shows 700. What am I missing?
I stay on ppm mine is a 500 scale and there is a 700 scale forgot there names . 500 scale .1 ec =50 ppm . Forget the ec on your meter I remember when you got it use ppm ! Your never a pain we are all glad we can give help ! I have a chart from blue labs somewhere, I’ll find it and post it on your site ! EC to ppm !

5/25 (59)

A few observations:

These three plants are growing well. Plant 1 (Amnesia Haze) is taller and bushier and has a much thicker main stalk than the second Amnesia Haze (Plant 2). I think this is due to the fact that P1 has 2 air stones and P2 has only one. However, P2 has lots of dark pistils while P1’s are still completely white. And P2 smells! You touch it and your hand smells yummy. P1 hardly has any odor yet. Plant 3 (Caramel Cream) started out as a runt but has now grow to about the same height as P2. P3 also has all white pistils at this point and while they are smaller than the ones on the Haze plants there are more of them.

I’m moving to a mid-bloom nutrient schedule.

• Reduce the FloraGrow from 1 tsp per gallon to ½.
  • Increase FloraBloom from 1 tsp per gal to 1 ½.
  • Increase Terpinator from ½ tsp per gal to 1.
  • FloraMicro, Calmag and Hydroguard levels to remain the same.
Used Water:

Plant 1: PPM 1020 -- PH 4.3
Plant 2: PPM 912 -- PH 4.8
Plant 3: PPM 824 -- PH 4.0

New Water:

CaliMagic: 2 tsp (1/2 per gal)
Hydroguard: 2 tsp (1/2 per gal)
FloraMicro: 4 tsp (1 per gal)
FloraGrow: 2 tsp (1/2 per gal)
FloraBloom: 6 tsp (1 1/2 per gal)
Terpinator: 4 tsp (1 per gal)

Flushed and nuted. PH: 6.1, PPM 850

They haven't changed much since the last pics, but here's a new one anyway.

Grow 3 D59a.JPG
Looking good cuz. Im thinking of getting an amnesia fast hybrid next month to add to my perpetual instead of c99xBBxF. I'll keep my eye out for your progression.:thumb:

I stay on ppm mine is a 500 scale and there is a 700 scale forgot there names . 500 scale .1 ec =50 ppm . Forget the ec on your meter I remember when you got it use ppm ! Your never a pain we are all glad we can give help ! I have a chart from blue labs somewhere, I’ll find it and post it on your site ! EC to ppm !
Thanks for the chart. I notice it says .7 EC = 350 PPM. I guess when my pen tells me 0700 EC I should be reading it as .7
That makes things a little clearer, I guess. Definitely time for a doobie!:lot-o-toke:

Thanks for the chart. I notice it says .7 EC = 350 PPM. I guess when my pen tells me 0700 EC I should be reading it as .7
That makes things a little clearer, I guess. Definitely time for a doobie!:lot-o-toke:
I just use the tds on it ! White Widow as well!

This is the chart @Rifleman gave you on your last grow . When you read my thread I list ph static , tds Falling, and water Falling , then I match it to the chart ! EC/TDS same
3ED31CC5-0171-486A-9EBD-24DA9943AA40.jpeg

This is the chart @Rifleman gave you on your last grow . When you read my thread I list ph static , tds Falling, and water Falling , then I match it to the chart ! EC/TDS same
3ED31CC5-0171-486A-9EBD-24DA9943AA40.jpeg
Thanks one more time, Hippie! Your help is greatly appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom