Babygirl’s Sour Livers DWC Hydro Grow Journal, November 2021

2021-12-04 - Day 28

Just a quick update tonight.

New res solution … 910ppm, 5.2 ph and 70F… tent is 74F and 50% RH. Took the advise with the LST clips; completely took off the ones from the other day (6 of them) and bent down in only 4 new spots today; and did some more creative fan tucking (thanks @Jon !) . These clips are all on smaller stems so I’ll keep a close eye on them for the next few days. She looks like a hot mess from her training session, but at least tonight there were no casualties. And seeing how well she recovered from the training a few nights back I suspect no less this go around.

2021-12-04 - Day 28

New res solution … 910ppm, 5.2 ph and 70F… tent is 74F and 50% RH. Took the advise with the LST clips; completely took off the ones from the other day (6 of them) and bent down in only 4 new spots today; and did some more creative fan tucking (thanks @Jon !) . These clips are all on smaller stems so I’ll keep a close eye on them for the next few days. She looks like a hot mess from her training session, but at least tonight there were no casualties. And seeing how well she recovered from the training a few nights back I suspect no less this go around.

Gotta love what the clips do :)

IMG_20211205_003255.jpg

I have done more High stress training further up the stems on the buds. Mainly the tops to help keep the canopy even. I really like the uniformity and structure the bends provide though :) those knuckles will help store fluid and nutrients and provide strength for the buds later. Awesome to see someone else experimenting with them :)

Btw I'm sorry for your loss. Hugs from me and hope your feeling a bit happier soon x

Thanks @Moony - I’m also happy finding someone else who is using them. And thx for the hugs - it just sux.

Thanks @jack - but I still say she looks like a hot mess!

Yup think she soon needs her haircut !!
Other than the topping last week I have never intentionally cut anything on my auto … and I wouldn’t know what to take and what not to take … and looking at still pics doesn't show me well enough. I need either someone to show me in person or give me a GOOD video (I can never seem to find one regarding the subject).

I treat my autos just like my photos I only take a bit off to start giving her shape n promote new growth
… yeaaaaaah … I’ll fek it up

2021-12-04 - Day 28

That ain't no hot mess. That's beautiful. Great job.

It amazed me how quickly they grow in DWC. You can defoliate, and the next day you can not even tell. You said you would be good with little cabbages like mine; looks like you got it! Looking good.

@LKABudMan Yeah - but that cabbage structure with tight nodes is making it hard to expose potential bud sites!

2021-12-04 - Day 29

Tent temp: 74F
Tent RH: 47%
Res temp: 69F
PPM: 900 … falling
pH: … rising
Water level: … falling (down 1 quart)

She recovered well from her training last night; unfortunately tonight she suffered a true casualty. During some more leaf tucking of those big fans, I broke a major branch :( I used medical tape right away, but i dunno ……..

2021-12-04 - Day 29

Tent temp: 74F
Tent RH: 47%
Res temp: 69F
PPM: 900 … falling
pH: … rising
Water level: … falling (down 1 quart)

She recovered well from her training last night; unfortunately tonight she suffered a true casualty. During some more leaf tucking of those big fans, I broke a major branch :( I used medical tape right away, but i dunno ……..

Looks like you did a good job of patching her back up. Hope it takes and heals!

but I still say she looks like a hot mess!
They've got to get a little ugly before they get pretty... :)
I used medical tape right away, but i dunno ……..
If the broken branch doesn't wilt right away, there's a real good chance that it'll survive.

As far as clipping a few leaves goes- at this point, you want to clip any leaves growing off the topside of the branch-(the ones that would face inward if the branch were vertical) if you leave them, they'll shade the 3 growth points under them, and those points will grow very slowly- and ya don't want that!
there's probably only 2 that need clipping right now.
*You don't have to do it this way, I'm just relating how I do it.

Back
Top Bottom