Babygirl’s Sour Livers DWC Hydro Grow Journal, November 2021

Ok - if you say so! Its funny cuz last night I was viewing the playback from my camera, and in less than 12 hours you could go from seeing clearly where I used the plant benders to it looking like I did nothing *lol*
You might want to check @Moony's post on those plant benders, btw. He gave me a great heads up on them, and said sometimes they hold the stems in such a way that the pressure causes breaks after three of four days. I've never used them but I banked that information.

You might want to check @Moony's post on those plant benders, btw. He gave me a great heads up on them, and said sometimes they hold the stems in such a way that the pressure causes breaks after three of four days. I've never used them but I banked that information.
Paging @Moony ! Thoughts on the plant benders please??

Hey :)

Paging @Moony ! Thoughts on the plant benders please??
I like them but with a huge disclaimer.

Like with all HST it comes with risks.
If you so use them I suggest using for 3 or 4 days at a time. You want to remove the bends after they have caused stress and created a structure but BEFORE they cause harm to the plant.

IMG_20211120_123325.jpg

I used on the top 4 nodes of each plant. The structure stayed and the plants have an awesome evenness to them. Like a big ball of green.

However I left them unattended, didn't check them twice daily, so by day 5 when I removed I lost 1 top and 2 lower sides.

Luckily off different plants and with training and topping I have recovered.

All in all I will use again. However I suggest using them earlier. From week 2 maybe. (I did week 4-5) as the stems are thinner and won't be as able to be pinched by the bends.

Also make sure you bend and flex the bends the opposite way before using. They have alot of give and you can make them a bit less severe of a bend. The issue seems to be the sharp edges trapping the stems as they grow thicker than the actual bends so using earlier would fix this issue.

IMG_20211203_220510.jpg

They are looking very even, bareing in mind theres 3 different strains. The training has given some great uniformity.

Hope this helps. Any other questions tag me in :)

If you so use them I suggest using for 3 or 4 days at a time. You want to remove the bends after they have caused stress and created a structure but BEFORE they cause harm to the plant.

IMG_20211120_123325.jpg

I used on the top 4 nodes of each plant. The structure stayed and the plants have an awesome evenness to them. Like a big ball of green.

However I left them unattended, didn't check them twice daily, so by day 5 when I removed I lost 1 top and 2 lower sides.

All in all I will use again. However I suggest using them earlier. From week 2 maybe. (I did week 4-5) as the stems are thinner and won't be as able to be pinched by the bends.

Also make sure you bend and flex the bends the opposite way before using. They have alot of give and you can make them a bit less severe of a bend. The issue seems to be the sharp edges trapping the stems as they grow thicker than the actual bends so using earlier would fix this issue.

IMG_20211203_220510.jpg

They are looking very even, bareing in mind theres 3 different strains. The training has given some great uniformity.

Thanks @Moony ! So you advise to probably remove them in the next few days I assume … and I will keep that in mind!

IMG_20211120_123325.jpg

IMG_20211203_220510.jpg

Wow Moon - first, great response to cjsbabygirl313. Sure she appreciated that. I did. She got more detail than I did!! Lol.

Secondly, your plants look awesome. Great job on the canopy, especially with three different strains.

Lastly, is that plant in the middle on the tin can telephone with someone who lives upstairs? What's the story there? :rofl::rofl:

2021-12-03 - Day 27

Tent temp: 72° F
Tent RH: 48%
Res temp: 69° F
PPM: 880 … steady
pH: 5.8 … rising … adjusted to 5.2
Water level: … falling … down about another quart or so

What can I say? i think she’s looking good; didnt seem to slow down from using the plant benders yesterday - they work remarkably well and while the angle *is* 90 degrees - its rounded so it doesnt put a sharp angle on the stem you’re bending down.

Its getting really full in there, had to tuck more of those big fan leaves down as far as I can - but doing that just doesn't seem to be opening up the inside any. Is that a concern at this point?

Here are her glamour shots from tonight:

I wouldn't be too concerned of it...if she has majorly big fan leaves you can clip the old ones like I did to Onyx...before and after...you'll see how that new growth underneath you speak of, shot up as soon as I removed them-within 6 hours, actually

20211203_100930.jpg

20211203_162742.jpg

20211203_215456.jpg

Thanks @Moony ! So you advise to probably remove them in the next few days I assume … and I will keep that in mind!
I'd just keep an eye on them that's all :) I've seen plants with multiple bends on each stem leading out, creating some crazy structures. Your running a single plant run so you can really go for it when it comes to training. Your only limit is the size of the space and time. If your willing to veg for 4 month in a huge pot you can easy get a pound off one plant with training. The sky's the limit :)
Wow Moon - first, great response to cjsbabygirl313. Sure she appreciated that. I did. She got more detail than I did!! Lol.

Secondly, your plants look awesome. Great job on the canopy, especially with three different strains.

Lastly, is that plant in the middle on the tin can telephone with someone who lives upstairs? What's the story there? :rofl::rofl:
Haha well I just wanted to be comprehensive Jon lol.

The hanging is the end of a 2 point thermometer, the top part with the display is at the top of the tent. And the green garden wire is suspending a digital thermometer and hydrometer. I want them right where the plants are so I can get a accurate temp for the top leaves and make sure they aren't too humid.
I wouldn't be too concerned of it...if she has majorly big fan leaves you can clip the old ones like I did to Onyx...before and after...you'll see how that new growth underneath you speak of, shot up as soon as I removed them-within 6 hours, actually

20211203_100930.jpg

20211203_162742.jpg

20211203_215456.jpg
Looking good krissi! I'm planning on doing some pruning/maintenance this week when I can split the ladies and actually get into my tent again hahah. Your ladies are really coming along great :)

Looks like @Verbalist discovered the same thing re these bender clips
Then the next operation…Remove LST clips
Didn’t realize at all how fast the stems of new shoots thicken :rip: Clips were on for two days and stems overgrew from them… So if youve ever played with the LST clips you know, thats a mission impossible to take them off without breaking the woody overgrowed stem.
I broke total 3 branches which I had to duct tape to support them, and this happened. Lost one whole important node. It was the 2nd lowest node so it had some size already.
B3414B00-12E4-4290-A03D-4348194E4D1F.jpeg

:( You know have life can be a real b!tch? Well it can be and I just got slapped in the face by it.

Sadie’s ashes were just delivered. I was not expecting this until next week and was TOTALLY not prepared for it. When I opened the box and saw what it was I fell apart completely - AGAIN. And I’m sitting on one couch, and can still see her on the other - on her back, paws in the air, head hanging off this side, and her wrenching around and complaining - letting me know its close to dinner … and this would have been her usual routine at exactly this time of the day.

Instead I have a box of ashes.

… yeah, life’s a b!txh …

I'd just keep an eye on them that's all :) I've seen plants with multiple bends on each stem leading out, creating some crazy structures. Your running a single plant run so you can really go for it when it comes to training. Your only limit is the size of the space and time. If your willing to veg for 4 month in a huge pot you can easy get a pound off one plant with training. The sky's the limit :)

Haha well I just wanted to be comprehensive Jon lol.

The hanging is the end of a 2 point thermometer, the top part with the display is at the top of the tent. And the green garden wire is suspending a digital thermometer and hydrometer. I want them right where the plants are so I can get a accurate temp for the top leaves and make sure they aren't too humid.

Looking good krissi! I'm planning on doing some pruning/maintenance this week when I can split the ladies and actually get into my tent again hahah. Your ladies are really coming along great :)
Just there for a reference on fan leaf snipping. Stinks about the light but gives you time to think of your cooling plans at least

With a heavy heart, hubby and I had to put our sweet Sadie to sleep tonight. We noticed she had something wrong with her stomach, took her to the ER and found out she had a growth on her spleen that was bleeding into her abdomen. In a matter of 6 hours we went from having an active girl to one who is now sleeping forever. We’re still in shock.

Rest in peace my sweet baby

View media item 1851043
So sad for you.

Sending you sunshine and a big hug

:kiss::kiss::kiss:

:( You know have life can be a real b!tch? Well it can be and I just got slapped in the face by it.

Sadie’s ashes were just delivered. I was not expecting this until next week and was TOTALLY not prepared for it. When I opened the box and saw what it was I fell apart completely - AGAIN. And I’m sitting on one couch, and can still see her on the other - on her back, paws in the air, head hanging off this side, and her wrenching around and complaining - letting me know its close to dinner … and this would have been her usual routine at exactly this time of the day.

… yeah, life’s a b!txh …
Oh BG...your heart....
We are here for you. I'm so sorry girl I know you feel that in your soul right now. Head up our friend :green_heart:

Again though- what do you do with the 190ppm? Say your target PPM is 500 … do you include enough nutes to get only TO 500 ppm or do you do 500ppm of nutes PLUS the 190 from the well water?
Look I don’t want to get over technical for the noobs in here but if my 567ppm reacts poorly with my 832mmp I ramp up my pmp. My target is usually 986ppm, tho since it’s coming up to Christmas I will allow 865ppm, with a sprinkle of no more than 134mmp and just a hint, and I mean hint of 12pmp.

Hope this helps.

… yeah, life’s a b!txh …
I wish there was something to say or do. So sorry. Hang in there. We're here for you.

… yeah, life’s a b!txh …
That totally sucks, all I can say is that my heart and prayers are with you in this time of need.....try and keep ya head up life must going on :green_heart::Namaste::green_heart:

… yeah, life’s a b!txh …
I believe there is beauty in grief. It is the final demonstration of your love. Without love you can not know grief.

My advice, not that you asked, embrace it. Fall into it and go through the process. I always buy myself something precious and always gold, so when I need to touch them, I can (this is what I tell myself rather than the truth which is I fucking love gold).

Okay a funny. My old boy Billy was really quite sick a month ago. To the point I thought he would die. Vet gave him a shot of antibiotics and said “we will see”. Next day I’m walking past the jeweller. I see a gold B. It’s a sign I say. A sign Billy is not going to make it. So with tears streaming down my face I buy it.

Only problem. Billy didn’t die. Tho on the upside you never can be too organised, so my grief gift is ready and waiting in my jewellery box. LOLLLLINGGGG

Thanks all … greatly appreciate the words of comfort … and I know it will eventually stop hurting - AGAIN …

Back
Top Bottom