Interveinal chlorosis on the top half of plants

If you'd like to see it in action....

Her journal starts using the same light.
She mentioned having some plant drama at the beginning so don't let that put you off.
thanks for the link, her plants did look like they were growing pretty good with the light other than the problems at the start, i wonder if she changed lights for a specific reason though didnt read past page 20 and then the final page lol.

i contacted indo and here is the response that they gave me in regards to feeding.

Screenshot_20210816-181735_Firefox.jpg

thanks for the link, her plants did look like they were growing pretty good with the light other than the problems at the start, i wonder if she changed lights for a specific reason though didnt read past page 20 and then the final page lol.
She upgraded to full spectrum white leds. I believe that she doubled her harvest weights.

i contacted indo and here is the response that they gave me in regards to feeding.

Screenshot_20210816-181735_Firefox.jpg
Glad they responded to you and can give some support.

She upgraded to full spectrum white leds. I believe that she doubled her harvest weights.

Glad they responded to you and can give some support.
oh fair enough, she was using the 400 vipar she said originally correct? i wonder if that was the 400 model which only uses like 100 or 200w or if it was a 400 true watt vipar. Either way even if i end up pulling like .5 grams per true watt with higher yeilding strains i will be relatively happy cause looking at some websites with new tech white light leds the ones that are over 500 true watts are like $1000+ canadian where as i payed like a 10th of that for the vipar and the new tech ones that are like $150 are only like 100 true watts so i probably only would have only been harvesting like 100 grams if i went new tech with the same pricepoint (not factoring in extra electricity costs obviously) and this is just on like 1 or 2 websites of new leds i looked at. Unless i went cheapo brand like mars or vipar new tech. Others who are more experienced feel free to let me know if this is an incorrect thought process though. Yeah man i appreciate them letting me know forsure so i dont feel like i am overfeeding.

just an update on my plants they have started drying out where the top of the soil is dry and when i put my finger into the soil on both i would describe it as lightly moist not wet, just wondering how long they usually take to pick back up after drooping from 1 possible overwatering? like do they have to dry almost completely? they are still as droopy as before, maybe more and havent regained much color as of yet which is odd as i have fed more (3/4 stregnth and moving up to full next water) and been foliar feeding the aloe gel and epsom salt which supposedly has calcium magnesium sulphur chromium copper zinc manganese among others every 4 days, but might bump it up to every 3. Here are the plants today with better pictures using the flash on my camera. The stems are also looking alot more dark purple than usual.
20210818_142832.jpg
20210818_142837.jpg
20210818_142842.jpg
20210818_142837.jpg
20210818_142842.jpg
20210818_142928.jpg

20210818_142859.jpg

20210818_142920.jpg

also the temperature is around 73 farenheight at the cannopy surface but significantly higher at the top of the tent beside the light in the 80's-90's, not sure of humidity as my hygrometer broke and waiting for a new one.

I would buy some larger cloth pots and transplant them. Now that I can see the size of the plants and pots they are probably root bound. Also, plastic pots are better for geraniums!

Since they're in plastic tubs, can you slide the plants out and have a peek at the roots?
I was honestly thinking the same thing, before i posted i tried lifting the pots and looking at the drainage holes and i didnt see a large amount or roots poking though but i will try to slide them out of the pot gently either now if it is dry enough or tomorrow and report back here. Also i will try to see if i am able to order cloth pots without them taking too long to arrive.

cool thanks, i took a look at geopot and they definitely look like quality pots, not sure which im going to order from yet but i will definitely keep the geopots in mind for the future. Also i tried to check the roots but still a bit too much moisture in them for me to feel safe about sliding them out of the pot just yet but i will asap.

i ended up getting 5 gallon fabric pots on amazon and transplanted them into more promix yesterday at about noon and they definitely were partially rootbound, not as bad as some i have seen but still rootbound. I also noticed some slight necrosis on a few upper leaves im assuming is still due to the big light intensity change and compounding nutrient isues from the intensity change. I then watered them in their new pots with full stregnth nutes and it has now been 30ish hours and still no change in the droop. I also downloaded a lux meter for my s9 phone and at the top of the canopy directly under the light and diffuser in the middle of the tent it is about 25,000 lux which i looked up and it says is fine for veg. Any ideas on how long it takes after transplant to pick back up if the droop is from being rootbound? The droop started the day after i added the new light and has yet to really pick back up.

I keep my plants in the shade for 4-5 days after transplant and it's made a big difference. Maybe try cutting the lux a bit for a few?
i will try putting a board over part of the diffuser window screen to block half of the led entirely, the necrosis already looks worse since yesterday. Here are some pics.
20210823_195507.jpg
20210823_195515.jpg
20210823_195521.jpg
20210823_195533.jpg

How wet was the bottom half of the soil when you transplanted? I wouldn't block the light completely!
it wasnt really wet, id say moist, i did break up the roots a little bit but not much as i didnt want to shock them too much, a few of the roots on the sides of the pots were brown though which made me think i did overwater the time when i added the light and it immediately drooped and i watered after. The roots on the bottom and majority of the sides were white though. Is this too much too block?
20210823_201451.jpg
20210823_201511.jpg
20210823_201511.jpg
my flash was still on which is why it looks so weird and dark so sorry for that.

20210823_201524.jpg

Seems dark in the pic. My plants would take a week to recover after transplant so give yours more time.
ok thank you yet again for the fast responses and help, i will pull the board off so it is covering less and wait a week, after adjusting the board so about another inch or 2 of more light showing it is reading from 15,000 lux on the side not covered at the canopy down to like 1000-2000 for the side that is covered entirely, should i just take off the board and wait a week or leave it with the board on the way i have it? Feel like i am back into noob territory with this new light even though i have had multiple succesful grows before lol.

Back
Top Bottom