Interveinal chlorosis on the top half of plants

Sell it to your mom and stick with quality buffered soil from sprout to harvest.

Also, keep through new light as high answer dim as possible to start and raise the lux over the course of a week. That alone will cause burning and deficiencies. Going from 100 to 500 watts is a shock to the plants.
sounds good, thanks again. i will try to get my hands on some promix if anywhere in town still has any if not i might have to grab some overpriced soil from the hydro store lol. Yeah it doesnt have dimmers but i am running just the veg light which is around 260w, is this still too high? it is a 4x2x5 tent.

sounds good, thanks again. i will try to get my hands on some promix if anywhere in town still has any if not i might have to grab some overpriced soil from the hydro store lol. Yeah it doesnt have dimmers but i am running just the veg light which is around 260w, is this still too high? it is a 4x2x5 tent.
i also raised the light to the very top and left the tent open to hopefully get the intensity down a bit. they are drooping a bit now but im hoping its cause they wanted water and not from the light.

i also raised the light to the very top and left the tent open to hopefully get the intensity down a bit. they are drooping a bit now but im hoping its cause they wanted water and not from the light.
i soaked up all the run-off after watering with ph 6.35, 3/4 stregnth nutrients with paper towel and wrang it into a cup probably about 250 ml worth and checked the ph and my runoff ph is about 6.7 depending how accurate that is.

Runoff pH isn't a thing, but if your ProMix is new then that's never been a problem. Too little food and too much light is more than likely what's ailing them.

If you can't get the light higher and they still look droopy after watering, have you got any window screening you can hang under the light to cut the intensity? It works wonders.

Make sure it's not getting hot after you hang it of course!

Good spot @jaybirdz I was unaware of Manganese causing the same symptoms. Upon further research I see that mottled brown spots are also common with this type of deficiency. Perhaps the brown spots happen as the symptoms progress.
Pat P. your exactly correct about the brown spots appearing on leaves with an advanced manganese deficiency. Those brown spots never recover and remain brown even if the leaf re-greens.

Im currently on a 24h light cycle
Are you trying for a fast turn around?
Most folks give some dark time to help the plant utilize it's normal processes.
They do most of their growing (processing of sugars) in the dark.
Yeah it doesnt have dimmers but i am running just the veg light which is around 260w,
You added more than twice the wattage to already stressed plants?
That's a lot of light to throw at them this suddenly. I tend to back the light off when they show stress,not increase it.

Back the light off, give them some dark and feed them.

Runoff pH isn't a thing, but if your ProMix is new then that's never been a problem. Too little food and too much light is more than likely what's ailing them.

If you can't get the light higher and they still look droopy after watering, have you got any window screening you can hang under the light to cut the intensity? It works wonders.

Make sure it's not getting hot after you hang it of course!
yeah i have read that runoff wasnt an accurate way to check but since it was already dripping and i had to wipe it up anyways i thought i might as well lol. After watering they have definietly perked back up about 80-90% but still have a very slight droop so im assuming that is from the lighting. It is at the top of the ratchet hangers but there is still 3/4- a ft of space above the light and it is a heavy awkward b**** trying to hold up and work with the hanging kit. Thats a genius idea about the window screen, i doubt i would have thought about that. I asked my parents and apparently there might be some loose window screen laying around, does it have to be the nylon screens or whatever or do metal ones work aswell? here's a picture of the way i have the ratchets set up and the distance in between the light and the roof.
20210814_020108.jpg

Are you trying for a fast turn around?
Most folks give some dark time to help the plant utilize it's normal processes.
They do most of their growing (processing of sugars) in the dark.

You added more than twice the wattage to already stressed plants?
That's a lot of light to throw at them this suddenly. I tend to back the light off when they show stress,not increase it.

Back the light off, give them some dark and feed them.
The lights were on 18 and 6 originally but the timer i was using wasnt working right so i took it off and plugged the light into the outlet and didnt bother re-adding another timer due to lazyness to be honest lol but i will find another working timer and move them back to 18/6. Yeah it probably wasnt the brightest idea (no pun intended) about more than doubling the light wattage at this time when they are already stressed but i had been planning on upgrading the lighting for months and when i saw that strong of a light on sale for that cheap i kinda just jumped, so thst is how that happened. I am most likely going to try inthesheds idea about some window screen to diffuse the light aswell though since i dont really want to move back to the weak lights, hopefully this will lower the intensity enough to keep the viparspectra in action without adding more stress to my plants. They will be bumped up to full stregnth nutes asap aswell to hopefully remedy the underfeeding.

yeah i have read that runoff wasnt an accurate way to check but since it was already dripping and i had to wipe it up anyways i thought i might as well lol. After watering they have definietly perked back up about 80-90% but still have a very slight droop so im assuming that is from the lighting. It is at the top of the ratchet hangers but there is still 3/4- a ft of space above the light and it is a heavy awkward b**** trying to hold up and work with the hanging kit. Thats a genius idea about the window screen, i doubt i would have thought about that. I asked my parents and apparently there might be some loose window screen laying around, does it have to be the nylon screens or whatever or do metal ones work aswell? here's a picture of the way i have the ratchets set up and the distance in between the light and the roof.
20210814_020108.jpg
here is how the plants look right now.
20210814_020341.jpg
20210814_020349.jpg

They look purple! White light pics only please since all purple plants looks the same. :)

Metal screen works fine, whatever is available.
awesome, thanks. Yeah they do look purple with the blue light haha. I added a picture frame with window screen under the light 3-4 hours ago and got 6 new bags of promix and a new timer, the plants are back on 18/6 turning off now at 3 am and on at 9am. They are right now and were definitely drooping a bit more again today but im really hoping the light diffuser window screen and 6 hours of dark helps with that. Here is a picture under white light but it is only a flashlight so its still kinda hard to see, the color of the leaves is about the same as before with the previous light setup maybe slightly greener but its hard to tell.
20210815_005836.jpg
20210815_010031.jpg
20210815_010039.jpg

Did you find out how often to feed the nutes from the manufacturer?
Not yet, I just messaged the company a couple hours ago though so im hoping for a response either today or tomorrow since it is sunday, and i will comment on here as soon as i know. The lights have been back on for 4 hours and still as droopy as they were yesterday unfortunately, when would i know if it is still too strong even with the window screen? Thanks

I also just upgraded the lighting from under 100w to a 520 true watt viparspectra 1200w that
20210812_194918.jpg
was normally $500 canadian and i got it brand new on a crazy deal for $140.

not sure i'm impressed with this light. is this still a dual switch type ?
the casing and architecture look super dated. and it's not a white light.

the $140 cdn sounds like too much for that tech.

sounds good, thanks again. i will try to get my hands on some promix if anywhere in town still has any if not i might have to grab some overpriced soil from the hydro store lol.

you can amazon the promix. it's also available through home despot in canada. cdn tire carries sunshine #4 which is just as doable and super similar as well. it's everywhere if you look.

Yeah it doesnt have dimmers but i am running just the veg light which is around 260w, is this still too high? it is a 4x2x5 tent.

it'll do good for veg. it's all blue which promotes the leaf growth. will be interesting if it has much for flower.

Might not be the lights causing the droop, but if it is they usually recover within 24 hours (one complete light cycle). Over/under watering is another cause of drooping.
ok thanks, yeah i usually wait till up to my first knuckle is dry but right after they drooped with the new light i watered again and initially they perked up but then drooped again but i will wait till they are dry and light until i water again.

you can amazon the promix. it's also available through home despot in canada. cdn tire carries sunshine #4 which is just as doable and super similar as well. it's everywhere if you look.

it'll do good for veg. it's all blue which promotes the leaf growth. will be interesting if it has much for flower.
yes it is the dual switch

yes it is the dual switch type one for veg and one for bloom, I am aware that it is old led tech but i didnt think i would be able to get a 520 true watt led of new tech for anywhere near that pricepoint and there are still multiple grow sites selling this light for 360-500 canadian.

yes it is the dual switch older led tech, it does have white leds too, it looks like for the veg light half are blue and half are white but the reason i went with it and not newer leds are because i didnt believe i would find newer tech with anywhere close to 520 true watts for that pricepoint. Almost every website that i looked at this light was still in the range of $360-$560 canadian, here are 2 sites selling it right now. I do plan to switch to new tech after this one eventually dies though.
Screenshot_20210815-164714_Messages.jpg
Screenshot_20210815-164725_Messages.jpg
i also have got another 6 bags of promix from superstore, in my city it seems as though most stores only carry any soil during summer months so its good to know i can get it online if needed. The hydrostore around here does have sunshine mix 4 too. This strain definitely isnt the best yeilder but the weed is so good i keep growing it lol.

yes it is the dual switch

yes it is the dual switch type one for veg and one for bloom, I am aware that it is old led tech but i didnt think i would be able to get a 520 true watt led of new tech for anywhere near that pricepoint and there are still multiple grow sites selling this light for 360-500 canadian.

yes it is the dual switch older led tech, it does have white leds too, it looks like for the veg light half are blue and half are white but the reason i went with it and not newer leds are because i didnt believe i would find newer tech with anywhere close to 520 true watts for that pricepoint. Almost every website that i looked at this light was still in the range of $360-$560 canadian, here are 2 sites selling it right now. I do plan to switch to new tech after this one eventually dies though.
Screenshot_20210815-164714_Messages.jpg
Screenshot_20210815-164725_Messages.jpg
i also have got another 6 bags of promix from superstore, in my city it seems as though most stores only carry any soil during summer months so its good to know i can get it online if needed. The hydrostore around here does have sunshine mix 4 too. This strain definitely isnt the best yeilder but the weed is so good i keep growing it lol.
not sure why it posted the quote three times lol my bad. Here is a pic of what a couple of the reviewers on amazon were able to produce with the same style and brand of light but with the smaller models which use less than half the true watts that the one i got uses
Screenshot_20210815-172124_Firefox.jpg
Screenshot_20210815-172135_Firefox.jpg
Screenshot_20210815-172154_Firefox.jpg

If you'd like to see it in action....

Her journal starts using the same light.

Back
Top Bottom