InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

I'm sure I'm not the first, but what a great idea. Only a serious grower would toss out viable plants.

1695929867581.png
You can get an oz easy out of a solo. Thinking about doing a 42 plant solo/big gulp cup grow to save on nute costs aiming for 4oz a plant. Its def strain specific but doable my spidey sense tells me

Only a serious grower would toss out viable plants.
Not sure we’re serious but we do or at least try to. & Co hides them 😂

But yeah for the good of the herd you have to sometimes - so maybe at scale rather than “serious”

You can get an oz easy out of a solo. Thinking about doing a 42 plant solo/big gulp cup grow to save on nute costs aiming for 4oz a plant. Its def strain specific but doable my spidey sense tells me
That's a butt ton of watering/nutrients bro..lol..one person needs to sleep while the other person needs to stay awake on rotation.
Could be worth it but alot of hours unless your colamonster..lol
:passitleft:

That's a butt ton of watering/nutrients
We do 21 plants in that room with illuminated blue buttons to water. Not automated you need eyes on.

Changing to 42 babies is an hours work!

But totally you are right to highlight the irrigation issue!

Nick

A 42 QP haul. How much space? Not too much comparatively. Boy I wanna see that one.

But the size of the lit canopy will be the same. :cheesygrinsmiley: It's the cubic volume of the canopy that matters - whether it's one plant or 42.

4x4x3 with 800w LED (the 3x) per spot save on like 40-45x (I know 😆) medium and nutes.for 42 plants a hey 42 is a special number!

If you hitchhike! 😂

Gonna do it - lit canopy? Nah disagree / no way is a single plant in a 4x4 optimal and it costs more.

EDIT maybe we are talking at cross purposes! I agree lit canopy. I’m just saying maybe more smaller plants better than one. That gives “canopy”

More bang for your buck.

4x4x3 with 800w LED (the 3x) per spot save on like 40-45x (I know 😆) medium and nutes.for 42 plants a hey 42 is a special number!

If you hitchhike! 😂

Gonna do it - lit canopy? Nah disagree / no way is a single plant in a 4x4 optimal and it costs more.

EDIT maybe we are talking at cross purposes! I agree lit canopy. I’m just saying maybe more smaller plants better than one. That gives “canopy”

More bang for your buck.
I agree too. :cheesygrinsmiley: Extremes are extremes.

And I grow in dirt, so that volume matters, too.

I typically get 1.5 to 2 pounds from my 4x4, depending on how much dirt I have, usually 30-40 gallons, and I run 650 watts of white LEDs in panels.

But there's only so much light available, no matter how many leaves and flowers you can stuff in there.

But there's only so much light available
Totally - why we add Co2 and let the temps go a little higher but its not an option for all as you know it can kill ya. Sorry GT we actually are in agreement I think. My bad. i think 12 plants per 4x4 probably optimimal. Small pots - you get a higher quality canopy in that range. But then the timer for that tent broke over night so what do I know 🥲

Because if you multiply it by 10 you get an even more special number?

The “oracle” came up with the answer after a gazillion years “42” But by that point everyone had forgotten the question. So another gazillion years it turned out the question was 7 times 6.

But in an epic life/art thing 42 fits with quite a lot of science stuff (something Douglas Adams the author had no idea of at the time 😆) I’m not a big fan of The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy series, its ok but yeah 42 and sandwich making are my takeaways. 40-45 😂

If you hitchhike! 😂

More bang for your buck.
🤣🤣🤣🤣

i think 12 plants per 4x4 probably optimimal.
That's where I'm at. I used to run all 6 gallon pots, but I found that the per gallon yield is just as good with 3 gallons. So now I can run 8-10 plants in the small pots and 1-2 in the big ones when I want to lay in some supply.

The yield is surprisingly similar. But - same amount of canopy and same amount of soil so ...

:bongrip:

Yeah I’m sorry mate - we actually think very very similarly - reckon a gallon tops in coco but in dirt can’t go that low I suspect. I was wrong in my interpretation of what you were saying to the point of rudeness.

Grow medium plus nutes costs money.

Thank you for your patience with me! - Sorry. 🙏🏼

We do 21 plants in that room with illuminated blue buttons to water. Not automated you need eyes on.

Changing to 42 babies is an hours work!

But totally you are right to highlight the irrigation issue!

Nick
Imagin if you had solo cups all held over a reservoir (6 inch deep tray )and when its watering time tray rises up automatically to the bottom of cups, allowing holes 2 inches up solo cup side to fill cups up when pump turns on, tray has an overflow that recycles back into main reservoir and when pump stops water runs from tray back through pump 🤔🤔

Imagin if you had solo cups all held over a reservoir 6 inch deep tray and when its watering time tray rises up automatically to the bottom of cups allowing holes 2 inches up cup side to fill cups up when pump turns on, tray has an overflow that recycles back into main reservoir and when pump stops water runs from tray back through pump 🤔🤔
What a great idea! Why I’m doing aeroponics with the @Canuk Seeds grow. My only concern is hardware failure. It’d need some electrics there and there’s a lot of moisture Boot then parts

What a great idea! Why I’m doing aeroponics with the @Canuk Seeds grow. My only concern is hardware failure. It’d need some electrics there and there’s a lot of moisture Boot then parts
4 air rams and relay working off pump timer with a delay on pump easily done

I moved my post to the next page...quotes still here:
Looking great Shedster! Going to fill up some jars for sure.
Thanks GG...if I can ever get the RH down the jars are waiting!
I had a conversation about that and found you're right most of the time. If there's hairs on leaves it can be an issue, I've been acting like you since I read it. Unless I see a very hairy leafed plant I disregard the old thought.
Interesting! There has been no sun for a few days and it's not looking good for tomorrow, but next time I have a sunny weekend I'll see how well I can run an experiment on a few different plants.
So besides the oil. Some say even water will act like a magnifying glass and burn leaves. I always go with what nature does as she is perfect.
I'm sure everyone has at some point in their lives experienced a monkeys wedding. We got them in Johannesburg a lot as rainy season is in summer. It's in winter in cape town.
Never had a plant burn after one of those. I'll also spray plants down with cool water on those 40degree c summer days. No burn.
Indoors I suspect it will be different. What happens when man tries to improve on nature. Grow light can burn plants. I've yet to see a plant burnt under the African sun in summer.
Gm looks great as expected.
Have a great day Shed and Crew
:thanks:
Lerugged!
I'm sure I'm not the first, but what a great idea. Only a serious grower would toss out viable plants.
I must be serious because I toss a lot of viable plants out, mostly unneeded clones though.
GM looks awesome!
Thanks Grateful!
That's a nice looking box of buds Shed.
And they're back in the turkey bags because my daughter took all of the boxes for the move.
:)

Have you heard from @shottafire shed?
I have not, at least not since he was last on here.
Imagin if you had solo cups all held over a reservoir (6 inch deep tray )and when its watering time tray rises up automatically to the bottom of cups, allowing holes 2 inches up solo cup side to fill cups up when pump turns on, tray has an overflow that recycles back into main reservoir and when pump stops water runs from tray back through pump
Sounds pretty similar to this grow but without the silly solo cup idea:

Back
Top Bottom