InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

I'm here

Trying to decide if I should take clones... I have to decide soon tho as I'm near the end of the 2nd week into 12/12 transition. In honor of Alaska day tomorrow... and because I have the day off... AND now I have this fantastic model to piggyback on.... I think I will do it and join you in the clone class ✌

Well, this auto grower has jumped into Clone World because I got an offer, and who am I to turn down free plants!

Details:
- 420 AK-47 fem (x2): 20:1 THC/CBD, 60% Indica/40% Sativa
- 420 Gold Leaf fem: 21:"high" THC/CBD (really 420, what the heck does that mean?), 35% Indica/65% Sativa
- Clones taken from recently flipped healthy parents, AK has pistils, Gold Leaf does not
- These will be kept in veg until next fall, so for now they will be outside during the day and moved under lights at night ~20/4 once they root. Once we're past the vernal equinox they will be grown outside exclusively
- The clones are in Miracle Grow potting mix (no nutes) for now. They will be up-potted into Dr Earth Pot of Gold
- Soil mix will be 70% soil/30% rinsed perlite
- Pots will be scaled up as needed to approx 7 gallon smart pot
- Sunlit during the day, under 64 watt T8 plus CFLs at night
- Air cooled, like literally air cooled.
- Temps determined by mother nature with the help of heat from the lights at night. Shed is unheated.
- Pests are many and various and will be handled organically with neem, spinosad, BT, and diatomaceous earth
- Watered as needed
- Nutes:
Cal/Mag +
Fox Farm Big Bloom
Fox Farm Grow Big 6-4-4
Fox Farm Tiger Bloom 2-8-4
Fox Farm Open Sesame 5-45-19
Great White mycorrhizae

I use pH Down because my tap water runs pretty alkaline (around 7.6 pH) and when left standing it rises to 8.4. I'm shooting for the 6.0-6.4 pH range.

For the record, my tap water is ~100PPM and is purified with chloramine, which doesn't evaporate. Even so, I let my water stand out for at least 24 hour before I use it. No idea why.

Next post...PICS (and the first night of cloning story...)!
Omg fuck yessss. I have been growing the 420 AK AND WW on the regular (Amazing seeds), and have thrown down a few goldleaf here and there (not decent) but I haven't seen many others making journals on this breeder in particular so I'm pumped and subbed up brotha!

I'm here

Trying to decide if I should take clones... I have to decide soon tho as I'm near the end of the 2nd week into 12/12 transition. In honor of Alaska day tomorrow... and because I have the day off... AND now I have this fantastic model to piggyback on.... I think I will do it and join you in the clone class ✌
Clone it up! What's the works that can happen? Free plants!

And I guess you've successfully tricked me into a second journal . Deputy duct tape reporting for duty!

I'm here Trying to decide if I should take clones... I have to decide soon tho as I'm near the end of the 2nd week into 12/12 transition. In honor of Alaska day tomorrow... and because I have the day off... AND now I have this fantastic model to piggyback on.... I think I will do it and join you in the clone class ✌

Welcome GT! Read through the advice on got on the my 2nd grow journal where I got a lot of first night advice as well as here!

Omg fuck yessss. I have been growing the 420 AK AND WW on the regular (Amazing seeds), and have thrown down a few goldleaf here and there (not decent) but I haven't seen many others making journals on this breeder in particular so I'm pumped and subbed up brotha!

Thanks for joining in GreenJeans and say "hi" to Captain Kangaroo for me as well! If the clones make it it should be a fun ride through next October.

And I guess you've successfully tricked me into a second journal . Deputy duct tape reporting for duty!

LOL. Always good to have a duct tape professional in the toolkit!

Haha i think i found my car. I remember parking it just not where. But I read to the end and i got this thing of the 50 posts a page but if its shorter I got my car keys. But I definitely like where I parked.

I lost my car in Greenwich Village once when I was 20 or so. I had no idea there was a Greenwich St and a Greenwich Ave. It took me an hour of wandering before I realized my confusion. Welcome to this neighborhood and we'll try to keep you from getting lost again ;)

It's Wednesday and nothing dead yet!

I changed out the 23w 6500K CFL for a 14w 3500K CFL and also put a single sheet layer of copy paper on top of the tub to lower the light level even further. Enough to reveg but not enough to photosynthesize...fine line:

20171017_201103.jpg

I took off the lid for about 10 minutes to let it get some air, then I sprayed the leaves again before I re-covered it.

20171018_082148.jpg

The top leaves are up against the lid though in case that's going to be a problem. I could lean the pots over a bit to get them lower if anyone thinks that's a good idea.

Anyway, about 30 minutes after sealing it back up, the RH was 91% and the temp was 73º. I don't think that soil will ever dry out at that RH!

20171018_090641.jpg

Thanks for checking in!

Yessir that's the idea! Just keep an eye out for mold or mildew. It cleans up great with a spray of diluted h202. Pretty sure your gonna nail it though I may steal that paper idea . Pretty smart!

Back
Top Bottom