Is there anything for Cirrhosis of the Liver?

Hi Everyone. My wife has some bad medical issues. Six years ago she had to have a double lung transplant. All the meds she has to take (about 30 pills a day) has tore her liver up & she has been diagnosed with cirrhosis. It's from the meds as neither of us drink at all.
Her Lungs & Liver keep filling up with fluids & it's gotten so bad that she now has to have it drained once per week. Her belly gets so swelled up that she looks 9 months pregnant & her feet swell bad too. Doctors say that there's nothing they can do for her. She's lost too much weight. Went from 115 lbs. to about 70 lbs. now. She's skin & bones at this point. She will obviously pass away before too long. But for now it would be great if we could find a way to ease the pain she gets in her belly. She cries a lot because it hurts so much. They wont give her pain meds as they say it will make the cirrhosis worse. Not sure if there's anything I can do to help so posting here to find out. Thanks in advance for any help.

Hi Everyone. My wife has some bad medical issues. Six years ago she had to have a double lung transplant. All the meds she has to take (about 30 pills a day) has tore her liver up & she has been diagnosed with cirrhosis. It's from the meds as neither of us drink at all.
Her Lungs & Liver keep filling up with fluids & it's gotten so bad that she now has to have it drained once per week. Her belly gets so swelled up that she looks 9 months pregnant & her feet swell bad too. Doctors say that there's nothing they can do for her. She's lost too much weight. Went from 115 lbs. to about 70 lbs. now. She's skin & bones at this point. She will obviously pass away before too long. But for now it would be great if we could find a way to ease the pain she gets in her belly. She cries a lot because it hurts so much. They wont give her pain meds as they say it will make the cirrhosis worse. Not sure if there's anything I can do to help so posting here to find out. Thanks in advance for any help.
You can try a cannabis salve to help block the pain receptors...I don't know if it would work for something this serious..it works amazing for my minor aches and joint pain but I don't think it could hurt..maybe at the very least it could help ease some discomfort from lying down a lot.

You can try a cannabis salve to help block the pain receptors...I don't know if it would work for something this serious..it works amazing for my minor aches and joint pain but I don't think it could hurt..maybe at the very least it could help ease some discomfort from lying down a lot.
Is that something that would be under Tinctures ? I'm really not up on all the mmj stuff. I'm just a weed smoker. Don't do the dabs or any of that. Roll a joint & smoke it & I'm good.

Is that something that would be under Tinctures ? I'm really not up on all the mmj stuff. I'm just a weed smoker. Don't do the dabs or any of that. Roll a joint & smoke it & I'm good.
This is how I make mine...
14g High quality trim and larf
2C organic coconut oil
1/2-3/4C Bees wax
10-20 drops of a essential oil of your choice...I like clove and blood orange mixed
Take the trim and oil and place on your stove in a thick bottom sauce pan. Heat and try to maintain a temp of around 200F-220F for 2 hours. The low setting on my stove is perfect.This process will decarb your trim and activate it turning thca into thc...2 hours is not needed, only 20 min will do the trick but I like the nuttiness the long decarb adds to the end product. After 2 hours strain and return oil to pan. Melt bees wax until desired hardness is achieved...if you like a less greasy salve use more beeswax and vise versa. Add smell good drops pour into a jar and cool on a counter top..that's all there is to it. You can also add some vitamin E too as it's really good for the skin. Rub a generous amount where pain is and let absorb for twenty minutes. I find It works best with a little consumption of your preferred method in conjunction with the salve. Trim from a CBD dom plant or a 1:1 is best.

Have you looked into herbal pain relief options? Did a quick search and saw some things that could help with pain and inflammation. Didn’t link any but The Botanical Institute had a nice write up on some options. Hope you can find some relief for your wife Amigo.

NTH

Back in my crazy lifestyle of my youth I was in a fight long story short he didn’t appreciate what I was giving him and got a long pipe + I got a compound fracture of the arm. Bone sticking out, blood shooting 4’ every time my heart beat. Anyways they had to give me blood but it wasn’t safe in the 90s and I got hep c and didn’t know. I found out n took the meds + I’m cured but I also have cirrhosis. Dr. says to eat healthy lots of fresh fruit and vegetables. No salt, sugar or alcohol. I hope she feels better bro. CL🍀

So sorry to hear of this Buds…hand in there as this will be a journey of trial and error to get right meds delivered in right dose.

yes sir I would crank out RSO and give that a try, more specifically the tacking protocol.

brb with link RSO Tacking protocol

might want to look at canna suppositories also to bypass the gut and liver.

So sorry to hear of this Buds…hand in there as this will be a journey of trial and error to get right meds delivered in right dose.

yes sir I would crank out RSO and give that a try, more specifically the tacking protocol.

brb with link RSO Tacking protocol

might want to look at canna suppositories also to bypass the gut and liver.
If suppositories work then why wouldn’t Drs. give her a suppository pain med? CL🍀

Oh man, that's a rough read, I would also think a heavy concentrate that knocks you out is the only thing that would really provide any relief.. the other thing I read is a very low sodium diet for ascites, I would imagine to prevent fluids being attracted to the bowels and general less water retention.
Yes, they told her no salt at all because her liver can't process it.

Sugar is really bad as well. CL🍀
They didn't tell us that. For the most part they said lots of protein. She has a feeding tube & pump so she has to take these special protein drinks through it while she sleeps at night. They are having a nurse come out once per week also.
She's having a lot of trouble eating so I bought her soups, jello, Malt o meal, etc. to try to get some kind of food in her. Also bought ice cream, protein powder & a blender to make her protein shakes. Not sure what else I can really do.

They didn't tell us that. For the most part they said lots of protein. She has a feeding tube & pump so she has to take these special protein drinks through it while she sleeps at night. They are having a nurse come out once per week also.
She's having a lot of trouble eating so I bought her soups, jello, Malt o meal, etc. to try to get some kind of food in her. Also bought ice cream, protein powder & a blender to make her protein shakes. Not sure what else I can really do.
I know you’re trying your best bro but I’d try to go ez on the sugar. Sugar is really bad for the human body. Does she have a Hepatologist? CL🍀

I'm not sure about that one as she has to be seen by her transplant team doctors for everything.
If she has a transplant team then more than likely she has one. I’m just a little surprised they didn’t recommend no sugar. The liver is the only organ that can regenerate itself. Hopefully either way she can begin healing from all those toxic meds. Please know that she is in my prayers. CL🍀

When the liver is shot pretty much anything can become problematic, I'd frankly ask the doctor about weed or concentrates as well, because well everyone recommends RSO as that might work for some pain but what are the effects of that with someone who's liver can't process anymore? although they probably just say no whilst others hint at anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and hepatoprotective effects from THC.

I think the best thing you can do is up her oxytocin production which acts also as a bit of pain relief, lots of tender love & care.. so just hold her hand through all of it, as yeah what else can you do, it's infinitely frustrating in the face of sickness not being able to help someone... but any healing or soothing powers you have come with that.
I'm guessing since the lung transplant was six years ago you guys already went through a whole ordeal psychologically back then and the past years have been extra.
And well you say she won't be for too long.. so nobody is thinking about healing really, ugh I'm welling up here, but rather the very painful & unique situation of knowing and the only thing you can do is try to make this process as soothing, peaceful & fulfilling as possible given circumstances.

so heavy, take care Buds, wishing lots of strength

If I find anything, You will know. My prayers are with your family.

When the liver is shot pretty much anything can become problematic, I'd frankly ask the doctor about weed or concentrates as well, because well everyone recommends RSO as that might work for some pain but what are the effects of that with someone who's liver can't process anymore? although they probably just say no whilst others hint at anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and hepatoprotective effects from THC.

I think the best thing you can do is up her oxytocin production which acts also as a bit of pain relief, lots of tender love & care.. so just hold her hand through all of it, as yeah what else can you do, it's infinitely frustrating in the face of sickness not being able to help someone... but any healing or soothing powers you have come with that.
I'm guessing since the lung transplant was six years ago you guys already went through a whole ordeal psychologically back then and the past years have been extra.
And well you say she won't be for too long.. so nobody is thinking about healing really, ugh I'm welling up here, but rather the very painful & unique situation of knowing and the only thing you can do is try to make this process as soothing, peaceful & fulfilling as possible given circumstances.

so heavy, take care Buds, wishing lots of strength
I'm pretty much going by what the doctors said. They told her, her liver was shot & there was nothing they could do for her. So I did some internet searches & found she had every symptom they listed. From what I read only 35% of the people live 2 years when their liver is this far gone. Considering how weak she is. How much weight she's lost. Tired & sick a lot, etc., etc. I feel she must be getting near the end. I can't see any other reason they would want to send a nurse out to the house once a week. Then there's the draining of the fluids in her lungs & liver once per week.
That sounds like the end is near to me. I'm pretty sure it will be in 6 months or less unless some miracle happens.

Back
Top Bottom