Is there anything I can do for my dog?

In a world thats barreling quickly towards a Mad Max Thunderdome ending, this is the best news I've heard in a long time.
I hugged my little fur baby extra tight this morning.
Me too.

:)

My little baby got bit by something today, no idea what it was. Could have been an ant, spider, don't think it was a snake unless it was the size of a worm.
Bit her on her left front paw.
We did our usual mile long walk and I noticed nothing at all, so it must have happened right at the very end of the walk, so when we got home only like 3 to 4 minutes away I went to grab her from her seat and I could see her leg up in the air shaking and she was clearly in pain.
I tried to touch it and she wouldn't let me and she whimpered.
So I picked her up brought her in and she started chewing at the bottom of her paw.
I couldn't see anything, but her paw was very slightly swollen and she was definitely in pain.

So I gave her 3 drops of CBD which is about 13mg.
I got her all comfortable in her chair and in about 30 minutes she was definitely getting better.
She slept until dinner and I gave her another drop of CBD.

She seems to be fine now, will give her one more drop right before bed.

This stuff is a miracle drug.

Hi all. Things have taken a turn for the worse again. I took my dog to the vet to have his Quality of Life chech & discuss the CBD treatments & diet I was feeding him. He was doing fine on just those things & seemed to be improving. But then the vet prescribed 3 more meds saying that it would help using it along with what I was doing. So I gave him 1 dose of the meds she prescribed. A few hours later he was sick as all hell. Throwing up & no energy left. He hasn't eaten in 3 days & sleeps 95% of his day. I think those meds she prescribed caused a toxic interaction with the CBD; because he was doing great till he got those meds. I don't think there's much hope at this point.

I don't think the CBD had anything to do with it.
Stop giving him that other crap.
If I had known you were going to the vet I would have advised against it as long as he was doing well on the CBD.

I treat my dog like I do myself.
I take ZERO pharmaceuticals, my doctor tried to get me on statins for my cholesterol.
I took them 2 weeks and it didn't feel right, had muscle pain.
That was 12 years ago.
Now I just eat oatmeal every morning and stopped eating red meat, problem solved.
Most prescribed medications are bullshit and have natural alternatives.

My blood pressure was a bit high (140/90) of course wanted to give me medication, I said nay.
I started taking full spectrum CBD with a touch of THC boom can usually get my blood pressure down to 110/70.

Sorry to hear that.
I assume you're not giving him those meds?
Are you still giving the THC/CBD and yogurt?

He may kick out of it again after you get that poison out of his system but he needs to drink water to do that and pee.
He has to drink.

WTF did this vet prescribe anything when he was finally doing well on what you were doing?
WTH did she prescribe?

And I'd look for another Vet.

These are the 3 meds she prescribed. Proviable-DC, Sucralfate & Tylosin Tartrate Powder.
When I went to the vet I hadn't planned on getting more meds. I went to discuss the treatment I was doing. I told the vet I wanted to return in 2 weeks to have another blood test done (after he's been on the CBD) so I can find out if it was having any effect on his White Blood Cell Count. That was my entire plan. But then the vet said these meds would benefit him along with what I was doing so I thought that would be great. But it made him worse.
He is still drinking a lot & peeing. I did not get the yogurt. Been so busy I spaced it out & been to the grocery store at least 3 times. I have to go get baggies for lunches today so I'll get some then. Any specific brand you recommend ?

I use Stoneyfield organic vanilla.
Get the full fat with cane sugar.
Main thing is just make sure there is no XYLITOL in it.

The Proviable DC could be fine as long as he doesn't have an allergic reaction to it. Its just probiotics.
But that can definitely make him worse for a few days
The Sucralfate i got no idea why she would prescribe that unless he has an ulcer which is possible when the gut is so phucked up, maybe colitis.
The Tylosin is an antibiotic.
Just like with humans antibiotics can have harsh effects occasionally.
Plus he's already had several antibiotics the past few weeks.

I've had antibiotics phuck me up before, same with my mother, made her hallucinate.

In general all 3 should be well tolerated in most dogs, but there's always a chance of a bad reaction with damn near any drug.
All 3 are very short term medications.

If it were me and my dog got this reaction for 3 days I would discontinue use and just give a tiny tiny dose of the THC and CBD .
Probably hold off on the yogurt for a bit since he got a dose of dog specific pre and probiotics.

Keep him drinking lots of water.
Feed him meatloaf
A little THC and CBD and hope he pulls out of it.
Any of these drugs could cause a rare reaction or just make him feel worse for a few days.

Don't give up yet.
But if he makes it through id just stick with what was working.

If it ain't broke don't fix it

I got the Yogurt. They had the same brand you mentioned; but they only had it in plain flavor. Tried to give him some, but he wouldn't touch it. Made a Turkey Meatloaf too. He took a couple bites & walked away & laid down. Having trouble getting him to eat anything right now & this is the 4th day of him not eating.

Hi all. Things have taken a turn for the worse again. I took my dog to the vet to have his Quality of Life chech & discuss the CBD treatments & diet I was feeding him. He was doing fine on just those things & seemed to be improving. But then the vet prescribed 3 more meds saying that it would help using it along with what I was doing. So I gave him 1 dose of the meds she prescribed. A few hours later he was sick as all hell. Throwing up & no energy left. He hasn't eaten in 3 days & sleeps 95% of his day. I think those meds she prescribed caused a toxic interaction with the CBD; because he was doing great till he got those meds. I don't think there's much hope at this point.
Omg I’m so sorry.

I got the Yogurt. They had the same brand you mentioned; but they only had it in plain flavor. Tried to give him some, but he wouldn't touch it. Made a Turkey Meatloaf too. He took a couple bites & walked away & laid down. Having trouble getting him to eat anything right now & this is the 4th day of him not eating.
Just love him.

I’m thinking of you. I really am.

Just love him.

I’m thinking of you. I really am.
I've been trying to spend time with him; but it tears me up inside to see him like this. I can still see us going on our 2 mile walks, playing with the toys & him riding places with me in my Mustang. So to see him lying there pretty much unresponsive is killing me. I've tried everything, but I guess it's just his time. Thank you guys for being so thoughtful. It's much appreciated.

I've been trying to spend time with him; but it tears me up inside to see him like this. I can still see us going on our 2 mile walks, playing with the toys & him riding places with me in my Mustang. So to see him lying there pretty much unresponsive is killing me. I've tried everything, but I guess it's just his time. Thank you guys for being so thoughtful. It's much appreciated.
None of us live forever.

We live; we die.

Your grief is the last raw demonstration of your love. There is beauty in the fear and sorrow of facing a life without your loved one. It’s the price of love. Nothing is ever free, no matter what they say. We pay one way or another.

You have to let go of your fear of losing him and focus on his suffering. Love him enough to allow him to die with dignity and without suffering.

I feel your grief. I really do. And if I could I would reach out and squeeze you until your guts hurt.

And I ask one thing in return. When I am faced this exact scenario with my old boy Billy. Remind me of what I told you.

:kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

Have you tried giving him just a few drops of CBD and nothing else?
Except food and water.
Yes, tried that. Nothing is working. I have a 2:00 appt. today for him to go with the angels. I gave him a bath & used the blow drier while I brushed him out. We're going for our last ride in the Mustang together before I take him in. This is F'n killing me. But I can't let him suffer. His breathing is real heavy / hard; but long pauses between breaths. He lifts his head for a few seconds but can't seem to comprehend what's going on. Then just goes back to sleep. There's no fight left in him. He's just waiting for the end.
I wish I'd of never taken him back to the Vet. Things were going pretty good till then.

Yes, tried that. Nothing is working. I have a 2:00 appt. today for him to go with the angels. I gave him a bath & used the blow drier while I brushed him out. We're going for our last ride in the Mustang together before I take him in. This is F'n killing me. But I can't let him suffer. His breathing is real heavy / hard; but long pauses between breaths. He lifts his head for a few seconds but can't seem to comprehend what's going on. Then just goes back to sleep. There's no fight left in him. He's just waiting for the end.
I wish I'd of never taken him back to the Vet. Things were going pretty good till then.
Omg Buds.

My heart :(

I am sending you a cyber hug.

Well it's done. I feel so numb right now. Like I'm in space or something full of emptiness. My little sidekick & I have been through a lot together. He went blind a little over a year ago & I had to have his eyes removed.
DSCF1582.JPG
DSCF1617.JPG

It's amazing how well dogs adapt to being blind. He still was able to do at least 80% of the things he could with sight.
Anyway, here's a pic I took of him today before I took him in.

RIP Lucas "Lukie Dukes" ! Daddy's gonna miss you forever !

DSCF5805.JPG

Back
Top Bottom