J.J.'s Everything Your'e Not Supposed to do During a Grow Journal

Woohoo!! Harvest day! :yahoo:

Man i feels like just yesterday you were asking us not to laugh at your grow, now look at you! About to chop them ladies down and gearing up for DWC! *sniff* they grow up so fast. *tear*

:)

As for your harvest question. I like to chop the cola first leaving enough stem to hang from, then i just work my way down snipping off the branches.

Man i feels like just yesterday you were asking us not to laugh at your grow, now look at you! About to chop them ladies down and gearing up for DWC! *sniff* they grow up so fast. *tear*

As for your harvest question. I like to chop the cola first leaving enough stem to hang from, then i just work my way down snipping off the branches.

I guess I am the opposite of Chrome... :)

I like to snip the bottom branches off, and work my way up,,, and I chop the cola last,,, (but I like to save the best for last... :) )

whatever floats your boat

Well it didn't take long to bring the girls down.

I am done. LOL

No growers hash either, just wasn't enough plant.

I cut them down like a tree, then cut all the lower branches, and hung them off a bud on a wire in a box.

I have 2 buds setting out to sample later on.

Going to unload the camera and resize pics. BBL

DSC029411.JPG

DSC02940.JPG

DSC029391.JPG

DSC029382.JPG

DSC029372.JPG

DSC02936.JPG

DSC029352.JPG

DSC029341.JPG
DSC029341.JPG

DSC029332.JPG

DSC029322.JPG

DSC029312.JPG

DSC029301.JPG

DSC029281.JPG

DSC029272.JPG

DSC029262.JPG

DSC029252.JPG

DSC029242.JPG

DSC029232.JPG
That's right people, the PH of my Tap Water is 6.0 !

DSC029212.JPG

DSC029202.JPG

DSC029191.JPG

DSC029182.JPG
Bubble Wand sitting in bleach water to get rid of algae.

That is it for Harvest pics!!! Gonna go check on my beans in soil...

Well it is a bit overwhelming coming in here and seeing people with the dream grow room set up with dozens of plants all beautiful fluffy and big. Makes a budget grower like myself get a little bump to the ego.

I didn't resize the pics, they were all under the limit. Buds are now in my closet covered by newspaper, with a fan blowing low on them. I'll check on the moisture daily.

Beans still haven't come up yet...

I know exactly how that feels. Thats one of the reasons I grew the way I did/do, to show that you don't need the dream room to grow some dreamy bud. I spend more time on here trying to build up people like us to make sure they don't give and can see that yes they can grow too even if you don't have the perfect set up. If there is one thing I can say I am proud of its encouraging people to grow no matter the budget. where there is love a plant can grow!

Any ways, Very nice harvest, just imagine how much more you'll get next round now that you have a hang of it.

Oh yea, I don't have a scale. But I think I have about an ounce.

Buds are REALLY DENSE. Those babies should be rock hard when they are dried.

Smells like my house got skunked :)

That Kona that I picked up from the dispensary??? OMG that shit is killer, has a coffee taste to it. Buds are ROCK HARD, and 3 tokes and I am good for hours.

Gonna light one up I think.

Oh I took a pic of my piece today. It's just a small Original KAOS blue glass pipe. Maybe 3 inches long in total. I'll post it next time I upload pics.

Congrats on the harvest! I feel the same as chrome,my room is large but my budget is tiny. Just think how much we can all improve by starting small and learning these wonderful plants. It won't be long and all us small time growers will be pros! :peace:

Congrats on the harvest! I feel the same as chrome,my room is large but my budget is tiny. Just think how much we can all improve by starting small and learning these wonderful plants. It won't be long and all us small time growers will be pros! :peace:

Thanks Warrior!!

There wasn't a single yellow leaf on either plant. So I guess I did good!!!

+ Reps for the positive comments!

DSC029411.JPG

DSC02940.JPG

DSC029391.JPG

DSC029382.JPG

DSC029372.JPG

DSC02936.JPG

DSC029352.JPG

DSC029341.JPG
DSC029341.JPG

DSC029332.JPG

DSC029322.JPG

DSC029312.JPG

DSC029301.JPG

DSC029281.JPG

DSC029272.JPG

DSC029262.JPG

DSC029252.JPG

DSC029242.JPG

DSC029232.JPG
That's right people, the PH of my Tap Water is 6.0 !

DSC029212.JPG

DSC029202.JPG

DSC029191.JPG

DSC029182.JPG
Bubble Wand sitting in bleach water to get rid of algae.

That is it for Harvest pics!!! Gonna go check on my beans in soil...

Bringing this over to the new page.

Congrats Gal! I'm really happy for you. We're standing by for some smoke reports :grinjoint:

Thanks Blue!!

I've smoked both girls before as samples. But it was quick dry. It was really good. No harshness, and good buzz. I am hoping that drying and curing will make an already good smoke even better!!!

Damn thats some good deals on mylar. If I had the cash I'd buy a roll for sure. My local Hydro shop is a huge rip off when it come to mylar. He wants like $50 for a 50 foot roll of 1 mil.. not that I need that much but thats all he sells. My next upgrade when i get back to work is mylar.

Damn thats some good deals on mylar. If I had the cash I'd buy a roll for sure. My local Hydro shop is a huge rip off when it come to mylar. He wants like $50 for a 50 foot roll of 1 mil.. not that I need that much but thats all he sells. My next upgrade when i get back to work is mylar.

I'm looking at the Panda Film. It will be easy to light proof my closet using that. I am going to build a frame out of wood and enclose it and light proof it for the DWC. That way I can have some dirt mommas for clones in veg. With vegging, as long as it is over 12 hours a day of light, it doesn't really matter about light leaks. Or am I wrong about that???

People will tell you both ways, yes they matter and no they dont really. As long as what leaks you have aren't letting in more light than say the moon would your fine. the closet I grow in doesn't shut, there is a 1inch gap on the bottom and sides. I use to cover the door with a sheet every night but I stopped doing that. I run my 12/12 from noon to midnight. my room also doesn't get sun till about 1 in the after noon so there light that does get in hardly matters at all..

So my theory is as long as the light that leaks in isn't enough to actually cause the plant to grow in any way your fine. I tested mine by standing in there with the door closed in the morning and it was pretty darn dark almost no light at all so I'm ok with it. Though if your worried about light showing when its closed, thats a whole other story. If i had to hid what i was doing with the lights on, I'd have to kill the lights.

You might check with your local garden center...mine sells panda film for a dollar a ft x 10ft wide, cut to whatever size...save shipping if your local one had it. :)

Congrats on your harvest! :bravo:

:peace:

I used 4mil black plastic from home depot and put emergency blankets on the inside of that with two sided tape,made my own panda film for bout $15.

Back
Top Bottom