Jon's Final Florida Journal For Real

Btw - @Melville Hobbes - thanks for the vote, but did you see that you have to revote in the NOTM? I’m out, I accidentally entered the wrong bud. So you got your vote back in case you didn’t see it.
Yup, I voted again.
Props on sticking to your principles, btw.

Well that's not a PK booster with no K in it!

If you follow the Remo schedule that stuff is damn hot in flower. Not sure if you need any boost with it, and if you don't believe me ask @LKABudMan!
Hi @InTheShed - yeah, this recent grow would seem to support that. I got it just in case. Not a definite. But I have it if I need it. I think the strength of the Remo in flower had as much to do with my crispy leaves as the overuse of the PK 13/14. I agree with you. That said, I also believe autos take much more abuse than photos. So if I did try it it would be with an auto. Sometimes you can really load them up. The Dos Si Dos is probably the best example in this grow. She’s 101 days old and totally green. And she also got the boosters. So I think with autos it depends on the strain, but I know you can load some up. And when I find them, I want the ammo. Lol!

This morning I transferred the stewing prepped soil mix from the stewing pot to the 7-gallon airpot final home for the clone, in anticipation of uppotting. It had all this lovely white mold in it.
Everything is mixed back in for the photo, but I was happy to see that.

These cheapies are taller and thinner than the real deal. The root ball of the 3 will just fit in the top.

IMG_1679.jpeg

@ViparSpectra Tent Par (PPFD) Test
XS 1500 Pro

My goal today was to dial in the height of the seedlings (distance from lights) relative to the power level of the lights. The daily environment in the garage with no AC and the door to the tent wide open, in the back of the garage here and with the garage door also open, like this, is approximately 88-90 degrees and 75-85% RH. I feel that’s the best seedling environment I have of the three spots. RH is too low in the closet, only around 58-60%, and of course the 5x5 is taken. So all four autos will veg here as shown.

The top of the pots is 20” from the lights. Using both lights (cuz I want the larger field) at 5% put me at 140 ppfd. Too low. With both here as shown at 25% we get 430-450 ppfd. That’s right where I like it to start.

Done and done. ViparSpectra made these lights easy to manage and dial in. Just wish (sorry Val!) it was a sweep dial for the dimmer rather than a notched incremental one, but it’s a small thing. Very excited to be started. All the seeds are in paper towels and all four have cracked.

IMG_1690.jpeg

Clone Update
Topping

Very hesitantly I had to top this plant. Hesitant for two reasons: one, they have alternating nodes and I hate topping alternating nodes. Two, it has a perfect Christmas tree shape that obviously won’t work for the scrog rig, but hurts to destroy.

But top her I did. Here’s 3 before and 3 after pictures. The picture of her removed top is what her real color is.

IMG_1694.jpeg

IMG_1695.jpeg

IMG_1696.jpeg

IMG_1703.jpeg

IMG_1704.jpeg

IMG_1705.jpeg

I picked up some of this AN Big Bud to try this grow. After the burn job I did on the Pink Rozay and Apple Fritter, I wanted a PK boost for flower that was kinder and gentler than the Canna PK 13/14. The Big Bud is 3-1-0. Plus it has C, Mg, Fe - and I know many have used it. It seems to be one that will pair up well with the Remo base system.

Anyone use this? Any thoughts to share?

IMG_1651.jpeg
Hi @Jon I use the whole AN kit with perfect PH and they work great, big bud is great and the AN bud ignitor also works, it helps the plant to bloom brutally. My two cents 😉

Hi @Jon I use the whole AN kit with perfect PH and they work great, big bud is great and the AN bud ignitor also works, it helps the plant to bloom brutally. My two cents 😉
I was looking for something for my solo tent, when I was searching for Bud Candy, Big Bud popped up to it every time. A bit cheaper. I've see others using Bud Candy recently, anyone used both for an opinion?

Thanks @Kanno26, that’s exactly what I’m looking for. So you use the kit as a whole? That’s how I’d do it too. @Emilya Green taught me something very important many moons ago, which is that if you’re going to use a chem-based nute line, use the whole system as it was designed and intended. The scientists at AN are smarter than us. And all of the major players. They designed a system. Sure they want to sell products so they also designed it so it could be pared down to more basic ingredients and still offer results - like just using the base 3 of Fox Farms. But all of them will yield their optimal results if used in total as a system. I even tried it on Fox Farms on three straight grows.
1. Just the base 3
2. Added the orange ingredients on the chart
3. Added the purple ingredients on the chart

By far the best results were from 3. This is what she meant and she’s absolutely correct imho.

I was looking for something for my solo tent, when I was searching for Bud Candy, Big Bud popped up to it every time. A bit cheaper. I've see others using Bud Candy recently, anyone used both for an opinion?
I believe EmilyaGreen has used both. You’d have to ask her. I know she’s a Bud Candy fan.

Feed Decisions

@InTheShed has made an important point to me a couple times recently regarding the hotness of Remo nutes in flower. I found in my most recent run with them that they are indeed hot and can and maybe even likely will crispy up your fans by the end of a grow. The buds are unaffected but it’s not a good look and it compromises your fans and thus your plant functionality as a whole a little bit. I’d like to avoid it. So this grow I’m going to try using the Remo system exactly as prescribed on three of the four autos. No rounding up. No additions except Terpinator in flower. Just Remo by the book. With the fourth auto (not sure who yet), I will use additives as I see fit. We can see if that fourth auto gets way more crispy than the other three. Thanks Shed!

1L of Bud Candy is half the price of 1L of Bloom Explode - DP, I use their full range apart from their cal mag, might use for the solos and the outdoor SIP - that's meant to be organic (until I panic and start throwing in everything) so Bud Candy works

I used both Big Bud and Bud Candy last year and I got some very large buds both work good but they are best used together IMHO.

1L of Bud Candy is half the price of 1L of Bloom Explode - DP, I use their full range apart from their cal mag, might use for the solos and the outdoor SIP - that's meant to be organic (until I panic and start throwing in everything) so Bud Candy works
Idk man, give it a shot. You like to experiment as much as I do.

Glad to be able to add some machinations to your noggin Jon!

I'm curious why you're thinking Remo needs an additional 0-0-4 boost from the Terp, unless your thought is that the Remo is low in sulfur.
I used an entire gallon of it in flower on the 8 plants this grow. It’s gone and has been for a week. It’s so light, and the additional sulfur didn’t have any ill effects. I use it every grow and have yet to have an issue with it. If nothing else it seems to “smooth everything out.” I am quite liberal too - 20ml/gallon with every feed. Beginning when I see budlets. Idk. It is one of those things I believe works for me that I can’t very adequately explain technically. EG used to use it as I do and we discussed it at length. She’s since switched, but it gave me confidence and so onward we go. Probably a worthless answer for you but that’s what I got. Lol.

Thanks @Kanno26, that’s exactly what I’m looking for. So you use the kit as a whole? That’s how I’d do it too. @Emilya Green taught me something very important many moons ago, which is that if you’re going to use a chem-based nute line, use the whole system as it was designed and intended. The scientists at AN are smarter than us. And all of the major players. They designed a system. Sure they want to sell products so they also designed it so it could be pared down to more basic ingredients and still offer results - like just using the base 3 of Fox Farms. But all of them will yield their optimal results if used in total as a system. I even tried it on Fox Farms on three straight grows.
1. Just the base 3
2. Added the orange ingredients on the chart
3. Added the purple ingredients on the chart

By far the best results were from 3. This is what she meant and she’s absolutely correct imho.
I would like to agree with that statement but I’m growing 2 Golden Tigers right now and if I didn’t dilute the PB from the beginning I would have fried them both. They absolutely do not like it full strength and will burn 🔥 every time I tried to make it stronger. CL🍀

I would like to agree with that statement but I’m growing 2 Golden Tigers right now and if I didn’t dilute the PB from the beginning I would have fried them both. They absolutely do not like it full strength and will burn 🔥 every time I tried to make it stronger. CL🍀
Thanks. There seems to be a consensus here and I agree, thus my experiment. I still say some can take the overload. Lmao!

Thanks. There seems to be a consensus here and I agree, thus my experiment. I still say some can take the overload. Lmao!
Also, you said PB, just saw that. I never fried a PB plant. Thought it was too light. I used additional stuff galore too. See? This is why I argue it’s strain specific.

Back
Top Bottom