Just discovered she hermed

beard o

Chopped down my beautiful auto Blue Dream. Been looking forward to it. Thick dense buds, stinking up the room.
Began trimming her up, and got a surprise. Tiny pods! Located in the thickest buds. Looks like she hermed. Placed a couple fresh buds under the microscope, and they're covered in thick milky trichomes, many turning amber. Cuttings sticking to everything.

So, will she still be worth keeping? I didn't realize this until I chopped her today.i posted several photos here, and there were no signs of hermie. My wife and I were getting a bit loopy trimming her.

don’t get rid of her!!! That’s still bud!! You may have a seed here or there, but just keep your eyes open for them when breaking up the nugs for consumption. Hermies are only a problem when multiple plants are present in early flower. I wouldn’t worry and proceed as you where with drying. Enjoy!

Chopped down my beautiful auto Blue Dream. Been looking forward to it. Thick dense buds, stinking up the room.
Began trimming her up, and got a surprise. Tiny pods! Located in the thickest buds. Looks like she hermed. Placed a couple fresh buds under the microscope, and they're covered in thick milky trichomes, many turning amber. Cuttings sticking to everything.

So, will she still be worth keeping? I didn't realize this until I chopped her today.i posted several photos here, and there were no signs of hermie. My wife and I were getting a bit loopy trimming her.
Hey beard o 👋🏼.

You said you just chopped it right ? And it sounds like something happened at the end. If that's the case then it should be no issue, the only negative is you may have a seed or two. Otherwise I personally see no worries.

If it hermied all through flower and just pollinated the buds the whole flowering phase... Then the THC would be lower due to the plant focusing on seed production instead of all the other goodnesses.

Hope this helped.

No, absolutely not! In fact you should package it up and send it to me for proper incineration! (LOL). Kidding, it will be fine, a few seeds don’t degrade quality, just watch out for the inevitable “seedplosion” .

No, absolutely not! In fact you should package it up and send it to me for proper incineration! (LOL). Kidding, it will be fine, a few seeds don’t degrade quality, just watch out for the inevitable “seedplosion” .
Thanks buddies.
Funny these pods never showed during any stage of flower. I pull all my plants weekly. Photography them, fondle them, nip samples to look under the microscope, and look for things like this.

Then we began wet trimming her today and we both noticed tiny pods. ****! Why didn't I see them earlier?

I can't help but wonder if I didn't bring this on by stressing her too much? I began augmenting my feeding with FF Bestie Bloomz and FF Cha Ching the entire flower. MAN, that stuff is amazing and I highly recommend it.
Anyway perhaps the LST, 1000w HPS bulb, and the FF bloom boosters stressed her into herming?

Thanks buddies.
Funny these pods never showed during any stage of flower. I pull all my plants weekly. Photography them, fondle them, nip samples to look under the microscope, and look for things like this.

Then we began wet trimming her today and we both noticed tiny pods. ****! Why didn't I see them earlier?

I can't help but wonder if I didn't bring this on by stressing her too much? I began augmenting my feeding with FF Bestie Bloomz and FF Cha Ching the entire flower. MAN, that stuff is amazing and I highly recommend it.
Anyway perhaps the LST, 1000w HPS bulb, and the FF bloom boosters stressed her into herming?

many times it's genetic. autos have a greater tendency as they withstand less stress and do better under driven.

Back
Top Bottom