Ken's Original GDP - Sour OG Grow - 450w HPS - BP w/SSM #8

Re: Ken's original GDP; Sour OG grow - 450w HPS - BP w/SSM#8

Subbed, looks nice so far. I have a 150w hps as well :cheesygrinsmiley:

The 818 is Cali connection right ?

:thanks: Welcome Stoned4daze61, and yes the 818 Headband (a.k.a. Sour OG) is sold by Cali Connection. Wow Sour Diesel and OG Kush (from ORIGINAL clones); I'm more geeked about crossing this with Ken's GDP than anything I've done so far.
I have (3) 150 w HPSs in the closet these will be going into. I'll be getting a 600w eventually to replace them. I like the square footage that having multiple lights covers, but the depth penetration is too weak. Just a foot down below the plant tops (in tight SOG situations) the growth becomes pale green and weak with these lights. It would be great for one plant in a non-crowded situation and not vegged for long.
:peace:

Hey PC thats why I use my 2, 150s for vegging and 400 in flower but will changing to a 600 soon ill just get ballast and bulb either quantum or jd depends on the deal I can get but I really want digital not magnetic any ballast suggestions? :peace:

I haven't used enough different ballasts to offer a recommendation, MrGivemethat. I've just been using the inexpensive remote ballast ones and getting the highest lumen bulbs available (they're more expensive, though). Let me know if you find any good deals out there. I know I want one with the 6" flanges for cooling..... :)

Note : I put all 6 GDP plants into 1 gallon grow bags this morning and watered them in with RO water and Cal-Mag (the mix being SSM#8 and 1 tsp. Root Magic mychorrizae) and the 818 Headband into a 6" plastic pot (1/4 tsp. Root Magic) until transfer to the flowering closet. Roots started protruding through the peat pots on all of them except the recently planted GDPs. I'll put them in 3 gallon pots after they start showing signs of sex and I cull the unwanted male(s). In about 2 weeks I'll transfer all of the plants except the revegging GDP to the flowering closet and clone this reveg and a Super Lemon Haze I have in my grow tent.

:welcome:, OGTHC. Looking forward to this one, myself. You're just in time to catch a change in my gameplan. The closet these are going into has a grow in it now, but when I harvest in about two weeks I am going to put a 400w MH/HPS remote ballast system with an air-cooled flange-type reflector in. This will be increasing light output by about 6,000 lumens and decreasing power consumption by about 70-75 watts (watts I can add to this closet in the form of a 200w full spectrum CFL instead of this 125w one, helping the motherplant and rooting clones I'll be keeping in here). I'll get better light penetration, too.

Week 2, Day 3 from seed :
001873.JPG

Here's a close-up. There's a little color in the petioles and going up into the leaves.
002898.JPG

Week 2, Day 5 from seed
003850.JPG

They're coming along okay so far. I'll feed them for the first time in a few days, except the newer GDPs. I gave them all (including the reveg) RO water w/Cal-Mag just before these pics. Can't wait to get this venture started.....

Week 3, Day 1 from seed :
002906.JPG

I'll be mixing up the first batch of nutes for these tonight (except the younger GDPs) and giving it to them and the reveg in a few days. They have to get in the 12/12 closet before too much longer.

Nice looking PC im looking to rder me a 10 pic of those kens soon I cant wait I really want and all purple and white grow I also got my eye on kings kush but great grow, looking sweet:thumb::bravo:

Ahhh Sour diesel and OG just sound like a great combination. I actually got a reserva privada sour OG with my last order from the tude. It was the most expensive at $17 for one seed and of course it was the only dud. They said they would add another one on my next order but who knows when that will be, I was really looking forward to that OG x diesel cross. Looks like I'll just be watching yours with envy ! :dreamy:

haha kidding, but :goodluck: my friend

Wow bummer about the seed. Wish I were taking this plant all the way to the end sinsemilla-style, but there's something about the outstanding crystal formation described in the Ken's original Grand Daddy Purple ads and the look of the frosty margins of these headband crosses that makes me want to see a little something of both in the same plant. I don't know the first thing about breeding or stabilizing, and I don't have a lot of room to do it so that project could take years.

Note : I foliar fed all the plants with Mega-Gro this morning and I'll nute them tomorrow. I'll be ending my other GDP grow in a week or so from the looks of it (heat stress caused yet another short flowering cycle so it may be sooner), putting my new 400w MH/HPS air-cooled ballast into that closet, and adjusting the fan speed for temperature control before I flush these and start 12/12. I'll take clones from the SLH I have in my tent grow and put them in this locker to root and veg; by then this other GDP reveg should be growing again (if it lives) then I'll take clones from it after I get the first ones in the dirt.

The new light system is in, and with a 4" inline fan running at full speed I am getting 80.9 degrees F. I'll turn it down to get the 82.0 F I need for CO2 absorbtion, but I'll have to watch temps through the summer. A 6" inline fan may be necessary if it gets above that.
I gave the first four GDPs, the reveg and the Sour OG their first feeding yesterday and put them in it to start 12/12. I also transplanted the Sour OG into a 1 gallon grow bag. Roots on the bottom of the plant broke off when I took it out of the pot, so it will probably grow stunted.
I am going to give the last 2 GDPs a week or so to veg, then put them into bags also. Post more pics soon.

Me too. I decided to put the last 2 GDPs into 12/12 so I could have the room in my grow locker to try my first attempt at cloning (I took 8 branches off of the SLH, and it looks like the lowest 4 will live). The reveg is starting to show signs of growth now, but it is slow going. I'll clone it in a month or so. If I can manage to squeeze clones in between plants, I may be able to grow enough weed to last me a few weeks.
:tokin:

Back
Top Bottom