Alaskan Thunderfuck Fem - Soilless Grow

Thanks, Smokzalot.
Flowering - Week 1 :
003854.JPG

I've tried to bend day after day in other grows, but the branches don't stay down so I'll probably have to get some pipe cleaners or something.....
005760.JPG

This Neville's Haze is about ready to take off.
004792.JPG

And this Super Lemon Haze is about ready to clone.
006656.JPG

Three of the plants didn't need it, but I watered the rest of them with RO water, Superlicious and Cal-Mag after this pic was taken.
:peace:

I'll try to get pics up today, but here's an update :
I started training the Alaskan Thunderfucks yesterday and will finish the job tomorrow. I think I'll be taking my first clones from the SLH too. I am thinking of culling it afterwards because of available space issues. I think the Neville's Haze will do better with more room in the middle after I top it. And the SLH will take up too much space to make that possible. I am going to feed the NH 1/2 strength nutes at first when the times comes (to be safe).

Flowering - Week 1, Day 3 :
004796.JPG

Here's a close-up of the untopped ATF (because it didn't have to recover, it's the furthest along).
005761.JPG

I raised the NH up to match the rest of the canopy until it starts growing upward. I'll give it first nutes tomorrow or the next day when I feed the rest. Looks like I'll have to do separate nutes for it.

I tied the branches on all 4 topped ATF plants down yesterday to expose their centers to more light. The last ATF is growing short, and I decided to just let it grow like it is and not bend it over. The SLH is cloned and culled (I took 8, and I think only the lowest 4 branches I cut off will live the way it looks). And I will mix nutes for the NH today and :morenutes: tomorrow.

Question- is week 1 day 5 the same as day 12?
Lookin good!

Yes. I go by weeks after the seventh day because flowering times in the seedbank ads are usually given in weeks.

Note : The survival rate for the SLH clones is going up. It now looks like 6 out of 8 will live. Maybe I'll lop something off of one of these ATFs to make up for it. :)

7 out of 8 clones are standing this morning and root tips are already showing on the cut ends. I sang the theme song from the old Popeye cartoon as I ate the eighth one (minus the Olivia's Cloning Gel end of course) :)
I'm going to fill the last 5 holes up in this cloner with a few ATF branches today. It'll give me a little more practice and open up the centers of the cloned plants.
I'm going to feed the Neville's Haze 1/2 strength Farmer's Pride week 3 tomorrow (the nutes and molasses I mixed have to bubble a bit longer). More pics soon.

Here's all of those clones I took (ATFs in front)
001886.JPG

I fed the Neville's Haze for the first time yesterday (strength as noted above). I kept the amount proportional to the plant size and not the grow bag; a mindset I'm trying to put in my head and keep there. I'll post more pics soon.

Note : I fed all of the plants yesterday with Fox Farms nutes (the second week of 12/12) along with Cal-Mag and Superlicious. I'm not getting odor yet, so I can't tell if the Superlicious is doing the job or not. Until the Neville's Haze gets bigger, I'm going to keep nutes at 1/2 strength.

Nice job, PC. Your ATF plants are looking great. I'm still waiting for one of my Satori to show hairs.. I think I might have put it in flower too early.

There's a video on youtube about Nevilles haze from Green House seed co. They said it took up to 14 weeks to finish, some people keep it growing for longer for a chemical change in the plants.. Keep it up the good work!

Thanks, Live. I saw your Satori plants; they look good. I thought the strain would have had narrower leaves like the Mandala Seeds South African Kwazulu I grew, but I guess not. I think I might have seen that video before about Neville's haze. I'm in it for the long run. It's doing good so far :wood: I'm going to shoot for the 16-1/2 week mark.

Notes : The clones from the Super Lemon Haze are doing okay and I just put one of them into a 4" peat pot with 1/2 SSM#8 and 1/2 Miracle-Gro Seed Starter Mix yesterday. Two more are starting to show roots. The ATF clones I took look like they will make it.
I watered the ATFs and the NH yesterday with RO water and Cal-Mag.

I'm sitting there with a pair of scissors and a rolling paper the second I see the seed coming up out of the soil split in half. I've got about as much patience as a doctor with the last name "Malpractice" :)
If it wasn't for the other weed plants I have to keep me going I'd be picking every bud off as soon as I saw frosties on it.
Good luck on your first grow, Be0wulf. Don't get discouraged if at first things don't go perfect. I've been at it for about a year (and I've studied it some over the years) and I'm still not getting good results by my standards.

I'm sitting there with a pair of scissors and a rolling paper the second I see the seed coming up out of the soil split in half. I've got about as much patience as a doctor with the last name "Malpractice" :)
If it wasn't for the other weed plants I have to keep me going I'd be picking every bud off as soon as I saw frosties on it.
Good luck on your first grow, Be0wulf. Don't get discouraged if at first things don't go perfect. I've been at it for about a year (and I've studied it some over the years) and I'm still not getting good results by my standards.

Well I appreciate the encouragement. That first bit made me laugh, that's pretty much how I feel as well. :Rasta:

I need to start on my next generation.... Don't know how long this harvest is gonna last me! (and my 2 roomates ha)

Back
Top Bottom