Alaskan Thunderfuck Fem - Soilless Grow

Note : I put all 5 ATs and the SLH in 3 gallon grow bags this morning, foliar fed them all with Mega-Gro and gave them week 3 of the Fox Farms soil and soilless schedule along with Great White Shark and Cal-Mag. 2 of the 5 ATs are still looking rough but staying alive; they should pull through but are stunted for now. I'll post more pics later today or tomorrow (they're still not much to look at because they haven't started vegging yet).
:peace:

Alaskan Thunderfuck - 3 weeks, 2 days from seed :
001861.JPG
002884.JPG

Here's the SLH
004775.JPG

It always seems to be slow going at this point; probably more of a patience thing on my part. Post more pics soon.

Just finished a grow of matanuska/chronic aka punky lion with decent results under led. Wanna see how your grow turns out....subbed

Cool! Welcome all, and I hope you see something that can help you in your future grows.
3 Weeks, 4 Days from seed :
002886.JPG
003834.JPG

The SLH
004777.JPG

The feeding I gave them got them started. I think I'll keep an open mind on the no mercy lighting schedule, but I have a setup for 18/6 going now and I think I'll begin all my grows with it from now on. I'll experiment with maybe 3-4 weeks of 18/6, then GLR and finish off with the traditional 12/12 on a few future runs.

Hey Pot chimp. Looking forward to your grow. A old time strain A thunderfuck. I don't see much info. on this strain so it should be a interesting thread.

Good luck,
Flip

Alaskan Thunderfuck - Week 4 from seed :
001864.JPG
003836.JPG

Here's the Super Lemon Haze
002889.JPG

I decided to top the ATs over the last few days except for one of them, unless it gets tall. I also foliar fed these with Mega-Gro after these pics. I think I'll feed them for the second time today (following the Fox Farms full schedule with Cal-Mag; I see spots). They look like they can handle it.

Note : I'll be using 18/6 for my seedling/veg from now on. I like GLR with Sativa dominant strains, but I get small plants when I use it with Indica dominant ones.
I'm also adding a product to this grow called Superlicious. It may be because of the strains I'm growing or the way I'm drying, but I'm not getting much flavor (or aroma) and what I'm getting doesn't last.

I'm suppose to be getting some ATF clones from my step son so I'll be watching this grow closely! Kinda pumped to see what you get outta these bad girlz!

I am too, Alaskan1. Wish I could get originals from clone like that.
It looks like I have to cull one of these. As you can see in the pic above, it is doing poorly. What I'll do is use the extra room for clones from the SLH and maybe put the Neville's Haze I have in here too.

All the plants are looking good. I gave them a misting this morning (RO water) to wash the Mega-Gro residue off. I also planted the Neville's Haze fem seed in the bag I culled the stunted ATF from. So now it's down to 4 ATFs (3 topped, 1 not), 1 untopped (as of yet) SLH and a soon-to-be NH. I'll water again tomorrow (RO water, 1 tsp. Cal-Mag, 1/8 tsp. Superlicious).
When the SLH gets big enough I'll make the decision to either use it as a mother or let it grow out and flower. Either way I'll take clones from it (I'm getting tired of runnin' outta weed so soon after a grow is done). I'll post pics again soon.

Note : I gave all the plants another dose of Fox Farms week 4 with Superlicious and Cal-Mag. I decided to add 1 T of an organic dolomite lime to each ATF, and 2 T of the same to both the SLH and NH (which is up now and forming its first tiny leaves after the cotylendons). My reason is that since I've started using RO water I've been noticing calcium deficiencies in most of my plants (all minor) and I hope that a small amount of slow release calcium and magnesium will remedy the problem. Only the SLH shows the problem now, hence the extra tablespoon for it. I'm worried about growing the NH at my level of experience, so I want to have a buffer there and I gave it a little extra too.
Post more pics soon; they look healthy.

Week 4, Day 6 from seed :
003844.JPG
008580.JPG

Super Lemon Haze
005754.JPG

Neville's Haze
007635.JPG

I'm debating topping the SLH, but it will be all cut into clones and probably left to flower out afterwards. Topping should increase places for branching, but since I'm only cloning it once, unless height becomes an issue I'll skip doing it.

Moving right along and on track...

That SLH is an interesting looking sativa. Heard nothing but good about it. Curious to see how she grows for you. That has a long flower period does it not? Grown mostly sativa in my day. Need a lot of patience to harvest, seems to take forever.

Best of Luck!

Back
Top Bottom