KWsmoke's Outdoor Bagseed Container Grow 2017

maybe some relative of the grasshopper? question i would have is: is it eating her leaves? maybe he is helping you by eating other smaller bugs? i don't see any leaf damage.

Forgot to mention- it was a Bush Katydid Nymph, so I had to treat with cayenne spray again. No mo bugs after that

Everything is looking really sweet there. Great flower production. Keep up the good work and you'll have a bountiful harvest!

What's your recipe for the cayenne spray?

Thanks for the encouragement Shed!

My cayenne spray is really simple and is the best I've found.

Mix 2tbsp of cayenne powder with 1tbsp of organic minced garlic in a bowl. Mix it up really good and pour the paste mixture on to cheese cloth and tie it up. Then I put that into a pitcher with a 1/2 gallon of r/o or purified water and let it steep overnight. Use latex gloves to pull out the cheese cloth bag and squeeze it gently before throwing it away. After that add a few drops of unscented dish soap to the mixture, you can also add 1tbsp of neem oil at this point if you like, gently stir the mixture for about a minute. Then grab an empty spray bottle and transfer the mixture and you're good to go. The spray will stay good for about two weeks or so, longer if it's kept cool. Shit smells like vampire poison but it works like a charm.

Photo update
IMG_141635.JPG
IMG_141837.JPG
IMG_141945.JPG
IMG_142131.JPG

How much is "too much rain"? Forecast looks dark and dreary for the next 10 days or so. As long as there aren't any high winds or hail, I doubt I'll cover her up, but at the end of the day I guess I can't do much about the rain.
Just worried about mold and mildew at this point.
She keeps producing a crazy amount of new leaf growth near bus sites and I find myself pulling old growth off just about every day.
Also, should I be keeping the leaves that I cull for extracts?
My wife has already claimed 25% of dry weight for cooking purposes, just didn't know if these older yellowing leaves are worth saving.

Thanks y'all!

How much is "too much rain"? Forecast looks dark and dreary for the next 10 days or so. As long as there aren't any high winds or hail, I doubt I'll cover her up, but at the end of the day I guess I can't do much about the rain.
Just worried about mold and mildew at this point.
She keeps producing a crazy amount of new leaf growth near bus sites and I find myself pulling old growth off just about every day.
Also, should I be keeping the leaves that I cull for extracts?
My wife has already claimed 25% of dry weight for cooking purposes, just didn't know if these older yellowing leaves are worth saving.

Thanks y'all!

Dunno much about growing in the rain but I'm sure you can find grow journals that dealt with that, or maybe even a youtube vid or two. I would guess that if rain is followed by sun you're ok, but if rain is followed by damp you should worry about mold. Since it's not a huge plant (or 10 of them!) maybe a makeshift canopy might not be a bad idea. A 1x3 frame and a bit of plastic?

I didn't save any yellow fans but I have saved everything green I took off the plant. Fans, micro-buds, and stems all went into one bag for lotion. For edibles you probably just want sugar.

That yellowing is interesting because it's the same thing I see after I flush late in flowering. Could be that all that water acted like a flush and took the nutrients out of the soil in that area. Could also just be overwatering, which can happen even outdoors when the plant is sitting in a depression like that with heavy rains. Once it dries out you should make sure that she gets a good dose of nutes to replenish what got washed away.

Flowers are looking good though and the trichs looks like they're coming along nicely!

Back
Top Bottom