Lazyfish Breeds Ultra Dogs

Here is the rough plan:

Start ~12 seeds in these 2 L pots in about 3 weeks.... May 1 maybe. Eventually they show signs that help us chose ones we like. I will keep both males and females. Males go away to a farm and I will watch them to find one that may be above the rest. I also might just take all of the different pollen and mix them before I pollinate.

Females will be closely watched, tasted, smelled, whatever characteristics documented and the will all be cloned. At the end of the summer they will all be pollinated. If one or two plant phenotypes harvest earlier, or smoke better, or are be more resistant to pests (etc) I will use those seeds next year. Clones may be pollinated again or (kept if incredible elite plant is found)???

Is this how breeding goes? I think......

:high-five::surf:
sounds like a good plan to me i have hardly dabbled in breeding but thats going to change!:welldone:

Those work great but if you don't want to spend the 2-3 bucks for a couple seeds, a little 2x2 square of cardboard can hold and protect a dozen or two seeds.

Having said that, I use padded envelopes as well

Thanks, Slinks for joining us!

Here are my condensed notes from Conradino23's Another Outdoor Grow With High Brix Soil - Air-Pots & SoCal Seed Stock (Conradinos Ultra dog F2 grow 2017):

Male plants were vigorous growers. 3 male phenotypes Conradino reported in F2 seeds:
  • fast flower OG type short structure minimal branching
  • tall branchy late flowering sativa, bubble gum
  • short sturdy indica
Ultra Dogs are shorter than 8 foot (~2.5 m) unless sativa pheno is found. Good calyx to leaf ratio. Good potency. Short flowering. Mold resistant. There may be 10 different female phenotypes. 5 male phenotypes.

Fuel, passion fruit, piss, lemon. (There may be a rare blueberry phenotype found late in flowering).

Harvest is 3rd or 4th week of September. Oregon and Italy latitudes are the same.

Aurora Ultra/ OG traits: Stretchy long internodes OG type. Short flowering time.

NYCD/Chemdawg traits: sativa-ish? Other?

------------end notes

I intend to start around the 1st of May, so we're only 17 days and counting!!!

Please, Conrad, correct me if I got anything wrong?

Cheers,

No you got that right :)

I might have missed something but where is Ultra Dog from I saw the genetics history you put up but never heard of that strain, I presume is a US seed companies? Or is it an original cross? I did a brief google but nothing came up :)

I might have missed something but where is Ultra Dog from I saw the genetics history you put up but never heard of that strain, I presume is a US seed companies? Or is it an original cross? I did a brief google but nothing came up :)
It's a strain made by Toast. Con has worked with it a lot and knows it well. I'm not certain if he made part of the cross though. Mostly OG and Chem genetics with some Aurora ultra in it.

I like. original genetics. unchartered territory always gonna be a win. Hope u find some good ladies and men to work with :)

Back
Top Bottom