LED Advice For 4x4 Tent

Too hot to hold might only be 140°F or thereabouts. Especially if they've never worked on other people's vehicles, lol. Think of those people working the pit at quicklube places. They've generally got about ten minutes to pull the vehicle in and, among other things, reach up and unscrew a hot oil filter. The proper tool for installing and removing a spin-on oil filter is... one's hand. You could use a glove, but it might not provide much "traction," especially if/when engine oil gets on it. And who wants to have to deal with a glove which suddenly becomes soaked with a quantity of hot oil while its owner is wearing it? So it's often a bare hand.

The perception of heat can be a relative thing (within reasonable limits - molten lead would be universally thought as too hot to take a bath in ;) ).

There's really no way to judge a thing's temperature without using some sort of thermometer. And even then, it doesn't really say anything about how much heat it produces. One might infer that there aren't many (any?) vents in the things case that would allow the heat it produces to escape. But one could be wrong just as easily as he/she could be correct.

I suppose that it's kind of like when one of the newbies attempts to compare the heat from a HPS bulb to the heat of a CFL. Yes, the one produces less heat than the other. But get an equal amount of watts' worth of bulbs together, lol...

Anyway, enough rambling (for this post). Unless the level of efficiency is different, I would expect the heat to be comparable. IOW, if a thing produces 12,000 BTU and four smaller things each produce 3,000 BTU, stick the one and the four into two insulated containers of equal size with thermometers, return 12 hours later, and both thermometers should display the same reading. In most situations, it shouldn't cause any practical difference in the requirements of one's cooling setup. It'll probably come down to things such as price and preference.

Ok, its two years later and im thinkin, i will be retiring the samsung boards and drivers to a “yet to be purchased” 2x4 vegge tent.
I have seen a lot of interesting designs and philosophies out there, im gonna be using this new LED for a late vegge/flower tent. I really have the venting pretty controlled now that i have a inlet fan and an exhaust fan both controled by an Infinity 67 controler, its pretty cool.

So, im gonna need a new LED for a 4x4 tent

Tell me fast which light I should purchase

Sorry, but I hurt one of my wrists earlier today, and find that I cannot type quickly using just one hand.

Jerkin off much. Or trim hand?

Fell down a flight of stairs :rolleyes: . At first, I thought I broke it, but it was sprained/banged up. Just another day in the life...

Fell down a flight of stairs :rolleyes: . At first, I thought I broke it, but it was sprained/banged up. Just another day in the life...
Oh no. Sorry to hear. I'm just a funny guy.

Slipped and fell 2017 shattered my leg tore acl and both meniscus completely. Didn't even have a good war story. Was told oh people are walking 2wks after surgery. Surgery took 9mths to be approved. Nerve damage and leg was so trashed. Walked for the first time again march 2021

Understand just another day in the life. :rollit:

FCE/FC4800 if your not making your own.
Cant go wrong with a Mars Hydro light.

just budget to replace it every second year. make sure to buy the newest model and line and it'll be great. also check the components when it arrives. a lot of mars ships with lesser drivers and emitters than spec'd in their lit. they're good if you receive what's advertised.

Back
Top Bottom