LED vs HPS: is everyone really on the same bandwagon?

Hps is still dominant for the money and results.
maybe not in 10 years .
lol they have been saying that for 20 almost now
most of the people who rave about QB, said the same things about blurple ufos 10-15 years ago

the fact remains, what they arent pulling it in watts they are pulling in amps, and any heat they arent producing at the blub is light losted because all that heat starts off as photons and all photons turn to heat.

Regardless what the HPS die hard sycophants are spewing, the fact remains that LED is superior in every way except initial cost for at least 5 years now.
And within the next few years will even be cheaper in initial cost. Already are cheaper in long term cost.
Photons are photons, period.
LED delivers more photons with far less watts consumed, which also means less heat.
That's just a plain and simple fact.

Its literally like denying 1+1=2 at this point and they're starting to look desperately foolish.

So many different parameters that matter to some but not all. Just a few I can think of...

Initial cost... plants don’t care
Managing heat.... plants don’t care
Efficiency.... plants don’t care
Operating costs... plants don’t care
Photon = Photon... plants don’t care the source

Guess the only thing that matters is light quality. Does HPS offer anything in regards to spectrum LED doesn’t? I’ve seen arguments for balanced spectrum, IR, UV, far reds... I can think of many reasons to use LEDs. I can’t think of a single one to call someone on either side “desperately foolish”

see, they will all avoid the physics of light because they are wrong and have to cope

buy an hps and be happy, buy an led and join the cope brigade

So many different parameters that matter to some but not all. Just a few I can think of...

Initial cost... plants don’t care
Managing heat.... plants don’t care
Efficiency.... plants don’t care
Operating costs... plants don’t care
Photon = Photon... plants don’t care the source

Guess the only thing that matters is light quality. Does HPS offer anything in regards to spectrum LED doesn’t? I’ve seen arguments for balanced spectrum, IR, UV, far reds... I can think of many reasons to use LEDs. I can’t think of a single one to call someone on either side “desperately foolish”
Umm you can read the drivel from 10gal here and not see desperately foolish in their denial of factual reality then not sure what would.
But whatever, the only point I am making is HPS is no longer King of the grow room and hasn't been for at least 4 years.
It all boils down to who the phuck cares.
If you like HPS then use it, if you like LED then use it, they both work perfectly fine.
But when comes to what amounts to a pissing contest over nothing then it gets old.
And he just proved my point again with his last pile of nonsense post.
It's like arguing with a Young Earth Creationist about the fact is Earth is billions of years old.
Utterly pointless.

Umm you can read the drivel from 10gal here and not see desperately foolish in their denial of factual reality then not sure what would.
But whatever, the only point I am making is HPS is no longer King of the grow room and hasn't been for at least 4 years.
It all boils down to who the phuck cares.
If you like HPS then use it, if you like LED then use it, they both work perfectly fine.
But when comes to what amounts to a pissing contest over nothing then it gets old.
And he just proved my point again with his last pile of nonsense post.
It's like arguing with a Young Earth Creationist about the fact is Earth is billions of years old.
Utterly pointless.
yeah, you definitely win the argument when you attack the person :)

and attacking jesus too... pretty common for you folks in Borough Park huh

I think the problem is that LED is a blanket statement. If I used my wife’s blurple house plant light I’d think they were terrible.

If you get them from a quality company. Many like HLG (I’m on the BudgetLED bandwagon myself) you will not be disappointed.

I think it’s safe to say anybody knocking LED did not use a quality LED.

Use What ever makes the most sense to you. For me that’s powering 3 tents that used to take 2k watts with HID with a quality LED that uses 880.

DJ Short mentions HPS brings out the sour and LED brings out the sweet. So maybe that will have some influence

to be honest it doesn’t matter as long as you’re happy. I have respect for all growers if you’re using cfl’s great. If you’re using the latest alien technology great. Just enjoy the passion and the process.

:green_heart:
Silver.

Read Sam Harris or Christopher Hitchins or listen to one of their podcasts
All religion is a cancer on mankind
take an 8th of shrooms and listen to a gospel of luke audio bible in the pitch black

I dare you ;)

heheh

Back
Top Bottom