LED vs HPS: is everyone really on the same bandwagon?

tacs

420 Member
Hola que tal.Hello.

After many many years, ive come back to the forums.
All i see is LED LED.
After searching the net, i got nothing but marketing(perhaps its my censored net)
Ive been browsing the forum and see a massive diference in growth HPS vs LED
Lumens aprately dont matter in LED. Hmm.
What have ppl got to say? im interested in reading some scientfic artcles

if anyone could point me to some quality LED vs HPS info, i would really appreciate it(im sure the others would too)

I can tell you the type of led matters. I switched to @Budget LED recently and wouldn’t look back. LED is far superior not even taking into account the lower cost to run.

I’m in process of trying to upgrade all my tents to budget LED.

94473D6C-C34E-4926-9279-6AFD6A4B0477.jpeg

250w in a 3x3 out performs my 600 mh/ hps every time

Hola que tal.Hello.

After many many years, ive come back to the forums.
All i see is LED LED.
After searching the net, i got nothing but marketing(perhaps its my censored net)
Ive been browsing the forum and see a massive diference in growth HPS vs LED
Lumens aprately dont matter in LED. Hmm.
What have ppl got to say? im interested in reading some scientfic artcles
Hey, I use full spectrum LEDs in combination with HPS and have good results. LEDs have a lower running cost and run cooler so are great in hot environments. Depending on the quality of your LEDs IMO HPS are better for flowering. That being said, I haven't used a really expensive set of LEDs

HPS is still a great option, in my opinion, better than Blurple LED lights

That said the new quantum boards outperform them by a lot, I've seen it first hand in my grows

The new full spectrum White lights, like the Samsung Diods, are amazing

Check those out in yer search

Yup I am all in on the Quantum boards. I have quantum boards from Horticulture lighting group. Budget LED (Sponsor) has them also.

I harvested over 22 ounces of dry bud on my last LOS grow, 3' x 3' scrog

Hello buddy!

From my experience in converting from HPS to LED is as follows and trust me when I say this it took me nearly two years to convert and occasionally pestering @SmokeSara along the way :laugh:.

So two year ago when I wanted to switch my main reason was due to heat, I have invested hundreds in cooling systems and even then I fought against the heat and constantly lost, I ran 600w hps lights at a coverage off 4*4 or sometimes 3x 600s per 4*8, always topped around 30c, coverage is the biggest let down for hps for me, the central 2*2ft below the light was great but then the yield and overall size of the buds decreased and to me after a while was a bit upsetting considering the amount leccy prices are these days.

So I started doing my research (actual growers proof of the punch) not manufactures say so, in the past so year LED has come along way, it was okay before then but you payed for what you got, a member on here was paying I think around £1500 per panel and he didn't rate them I we HPS and I'd day he's an expert grower, but since then I have watched people either create there own or the new LED's and COB's since then have advanced a lot!

My research overall found people are getting a lot more grams per watt than any HPS system out there, costing less, better coverage finally won it for me after finding people were getting the minimum of 1g per watt, I genuinely thought people were telling a few porkies as some members do weigh there final weight still semi wet but more and more were getting good weight, I can't actually comment on overall comparisons as this is my first LED grow.

I'm running two Mars Hydro SP250's in a 4*3 while scrogging, they apparently compare to 400w hps lights so if that's the case I'm using 110w less than a 600w and I'm getting an extra 200w in theory, I will admit there is some absolute crap LED systems out there that claim there the bee's knees so research is a mega must but like I said I researched the outcome of actual grows and not the hearsay from conpanies.

One thing you won't regret buying is bulbs every 6-12 months.

Good luck on what ever you decide!

Back
Top Bottom