LED's seem like the best way to go for me

4smokazonly

G'day all, Ive grown outdoors before but now it seems i cant because of some flying pigs, so i have to grow inside. the only things that's going to get me any where is LED's, i have experimented before with cfl's and im not putting them down but they're just not for me.
Ive found 100watt LED globes in a corn cob style that are smd type and they admit 1370 lumens, Ive done a little bit of research and i know lumens don't matter when using LED's.
these corn cob styles are a warm white and are 360° but i can make a reflector pretty easy.
i want to grow two to three plants within about 2 foot wide, 3 foot in length and about 3 to 4 foot tall of space.
ill be growing in soil also.
so tips on pot size and how to keep the plants small and all the tips i can get on LED's would be very much so appreciated!
Cheers :thumb:

E27 Warm white SMD LED Corn Light Bulb Energy saving Lamp
images9.jpg

Blue E27 168 LED Spot Light 220V 10W LED Corn Light Bulb Lamp Spotlight
JS0148_3_L1.jpg

the blue one is only 10 watt, but i can get it in amber and red as well, and the white one 100watt along with a 1300watt cfl for flowering im just looking for some tips

That bulb is pretty wild ... it looks like to get 100w it is using 200 .5w LEDs??? I have no idea how they will work for growing or if you could grow anything substantial with them. I wonder how hot they get? If they will work the style seems like it would loose a lot of light in a grow.

Try mixing the led idea with fluorescent. I have a grow panel 45. It only uses 45w but puts out equal light out put as a 250w hid light. I then have 2 24" fluorescent lights above and I'll put 2 more up the side of the plant. I have this in a 2x3x3.5 feet space. Results so far are very impressive. This method also does not produce any heat for those flying pigs of yours lol.

thats going great outragedpluto! ive decided to go with a mix of cfl's and led's. for my veg im using two 125watt cfl's cool white and two 100watt warm white led globes like the pic up top, then for flower im going to use all leds with cfls and 3 10watt red led globes like above aswell. ill start a journal very shortly :rollit:

Also another thing 4smokazonly is that to keep her short and bushy and not tall is that you are going to want to top her and the do what they call LTS (low stress training) to the branches that grow from that. Be sure to bend the branches carefully so they don't break and use some gardeners tape to hold them down. Using twine or fishing line can cut into the branches. If you look at the pic of mine you can kinda see me tie downs. Doing all of this will make the the plant grow bushier and have more bud sites that are lower in the plant. Good luck man and keep me posted!!!

Also another thing 4smokazonly is that to keep her short and bushy and not tall is that you are going to want to top her and the do what they call LTS (low stress training) to the branches that grow from that. Be sure to bend the branches carefully so they don't break and use some gardeners tape to hold them down. Using twine or fishing line can cut into the branches. If you look at the pic of mine you can kinda see me tie downs. Doing all of this will make the the plant grow bushier and have more bud sites that are lower in the plant. Good luck man and keep me posted!!!

is there a tutorial on how to LTS?

you can do it any time, but the earlier the better.

here are a few affects of my LSTs

this is basically what you do, tie a branch down so the tip is no longer the highest point of the branch or plant. you will be amazed at how fast the branches turn back up and you have to re tie and tweak them.

you might wanna try some supercrop also, or a combo of both. Its a little trickier bending the branches, but even if you snap one they tend to survive and repair.

Green_Poison_5wks_flwr_f.jpg

this is the kind of buds produced

Power_Kush_LST_6_wks_flwr_1.jpg

Power_Kush_LST_9.jpg

NL_10th_wk_12_Rc.JPG

NL_18wks_harvested_9_R.jpg

This is a Kandy Kush that I grabbed the top of and pulled over like a candy cane shape, she produced over 5oz

KK_8_wk_flw.jpg

Never seen it done before, just want to make sure I'm bending and pulling on theright brances. Don't want to over do it, and also what's the best timeto do this? Around how many weeks or tall should the plant be?

Well I have clones and I do it to what ever branches reach the highest. And I would say once she is about 8 inches tall you could bend her over. They are hardy little girls so you can experiment with what space and resources you have. Good luck man!!

should i top it before LST or NO?

I would say no if you are going to do the major lst shown in the pictures. It will prolly work better if it stay as one main stem rather than multiple.

cheers mate, id prefer to top but looking at those pics i have some thinking to do now haha thanks for all the help mate! hears a couple of pics 3 days after germination
sup_002.jpg
sup_001.jpg

i have 32 baby girls

and a pic of my cfl's im using
sup_003.jpg

im using to of those 125 watt 5500k to veg at the moment, im planing on growing with out any nutrients as well as i want it to be all natural and no rush to bud :blushsmile:

Back
Top Bottom