Lem's 2015 Indoor/Outdoor/Anywhere It'll Grow Journal

. . . . I pick up the rod and put it all the way in gear and start to reel the line comes tight, the rod bends and off in the distance I see a Sail Fish jumping. Sure as Shit we got a damn Sail Fish on in July. I get the guy situated and hand him the rod and we get treated to a brilliant show of Grey Hounding, Head Shakes, Jumps and Flips for the next 20 mins or so. I had discussed with the guy early about conservation and he decided not to kill the fish. So I Billed it, brought it in the boat, got pictures, measure, tagged and released the fish back into the wild. We trolled around some more, caught those 6 Dalphin in the middle an called it a day. Isn't strange how 3 days earlier there wasn't a fish to be found, and this guy and family not only have a great day fishing but he gets to catch his dream fish and have what ends up being the best vacation of their lives. That's one of my favorite times fishing. Later TOAST

Love the story!:thanks:

Back in the 80's i lived in Edgewater FL, just south of New Smyrna. I used to drive my little 4 speed toyota with no air conditioning down to the keys in the middle of the summer (when I was still in school) Man It Was Hot. The charter fishing in the summer was always "you should have been here last month." My best friend and drinkin' buddy ran a boat out of the inlet, Good Times. A Sail fish was always a dream but i never got nuthin' but a hangover.
:;):

My Favorite meal in the Keys back then was yellow snapper, by far. (tastes like popcorn, if i recall properly, and a bowl of Conch chowder)

I saved the hash making for future reference, Many Thanks Lem.

Happy New Year everyone. Kelticblue, I'm glad you liked the story and its a trip that you lived in Edgewater. When I lived in Tampa, a Pro Wrestler Mike Graham was a good friend and we use to go Scalliping in the bay at Edgewater when ever they were on the move, oh and sea trout also. Hopefully you have experienced going to the commercial docks and getting the big bags of STONE CRAB CLAWS for next to nothing, or getting the guys at the local bait shop to let you go in the big tank out back and get the giant Shrimp and pay 49 cents a dozen the price of the bait shrimp. When I got to FLA there was no COORS beer east of the Mississippi River, and no open container Law in FLA so as long as you didn't blow over the limit you could drive around with a beer between your legs in a CJ6 with the doors off. Spring Break killed that shit shortly after I moved there. So any way I was going to do this a different way but it just seems easer to end this Journal now and start 2016's tomorrow . So that's what I'm doing. This past year went pretty smooth I guess. I'm still alive and I didn't fall down the hill one time, Frickin Amazing, got a decent amount of bud that is 1/2 gone all ready. Gifting friends and relitives makes it disappear fast. So I will start 2016 tomorrow whit the Line Up. See ya then TOAST

See you next year TOAST. :hug: :love:

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

. . .When I got to FLA there was no COORS beer east of the Mississippi River, and no open container Law in FLA so as long as you didn't blow over the limit you could drive around with a beer between your legs in a CJ6 with the doors off. Spring Break killed that shit shortly after I moved there. . . . See ya then TOAST

Yeah, I forgot the open container law was mostly a Cash grab for spring breakers, I think it was about 40$. I remember a friend got the ticket had to pay right away they set up a trailer on beachside ran people in one door and out the other after paying just for open container violations. I think the first year M-TV came to daytona was 1986. I remember the mtv crowd and waking up in some chicks hotel room face first on the floor and an empty bottle of Tequila next to my head, yea 1986 spring break, crazy daze. I forget, thankz I havent thought about that in years.
: - )

:hug: :love:

Just passing by and spotted you. Couldn't resist leaving a hug.

Back
Top Bottom