Lem's 2015 Indoor/Outdoor/Anywhere It'll Grow Journal

Kushtie, I only do the clones in the bags, I start my seeds in Jiffy Pots and Pellets. So I am going to break down my indoor grow room for you guys. I put it in my garage, its 8 X 8 X 8, 2 X 4 framed, particle board out side. I put two 20amp breakers in my breaker box and ran two sets of 12/3 above ground copper cable's, one to each side of the room where I had all ready installed two plug boxes on both sides of the room. I got 4 Nutone 160ft per min exhaust fans 2 for incoming air and 2 for out going, which are exhausted out the turbin on the roof:
DSCF61691.JPG
DSCF61701.JPG
DSCF6172.JPG
DSCF6174.JPG
DSCF6176.JPG
I also installed a 1600 cubic ft per min squirrel cage blower for circulation. I have 4 600 watt HPS set ups and 25 125 watt CFL's. I only use the HPS's for flowering. I have noticed that cannabis doesn't like sitting on cold concrete in pots. So I got some 1 X 6 Cedar fence material and put a floor in and the cedar helps mask the smell. When I first built it, it had trick shelves you could pop in a different heights to utilize the variations of tempture. But that turned out to be more hassle than it was worth. What I useally do is put 2 HPS's in the middle of the room at the very top right next to each other, then angle them at a 45 degree angle so they light the whole room and put the CFL's where ever you need them. Originally I put Mylar on the inside walls, but that made it so hot it would cook the plants. So I switched to Butcher Paper it reflects well. Make sure the dull side faces out, the shiney side doesn't defer the light. So I will grow in this room and get things ready for next time and any thing I want to flower out I can do in my little out door grow room. So it has worked out in the past that I have grown some epic Buds in here. Well I cant think of nothing else so C-YA

I love a man who thinks things through :)

How I Make Bubble Hash: To start, you need 4 - 5 gal Buckets:
DSCF6178.JPG
Then you drill a drain hole at the bottom of one of the buckets:
DSCF61792.JPG
You put the material you wish to use in one of the buckets with out the hole in it, add ice to the top and fill with water to the top of the ice:
DSCF61812.JPG
I made rings out of coat hangers that fit tightly over the top of the bucket with the hole in it:
DSCF6182.JPG
DSCF61831.JPG
DSCF61841.JPG
After the iced material has set for 20 mins, I brake the ice up with a plunger until the material and ice becomes slushy:
DSCF6185.JPG
Then once I have it where it moves freely around the bucket, I get my drill and a paint stir and whip it into a froth:
DSCF61861.JPG
DSCF61901.JPG
DSCF61921.JPG
I keep stirring the ice and material for 10 to 15 mins. Then I poor the mixture through the first screen:
DSCF61932.JPG
Now you have the material and the liquid separated. Take the liquid and poor it into screen #2:
DSCF61973.JPG
when its done draining you will have a low grade hash:
DSCF61942.JPG
I then take the screen off the bucket and place on a stack of paper towels to soak up some of the water:
DSCF61952.JPG
After the hash has dried a little I scrape it up with a paint scraper and put it on a cardboard card to dry the rest of the way:
DSCF62002.JPG
DSCF61992.JPG
DSCF61982.JPG
You keep running the liquid through your screens, the large micro to the smallest micron and you should have a bunch of different strength Hashes. In this case I ran an additional 3 screens with the last making the Bubble Hash:
DSCF62051.JPG
DSCF62062.JPG
DSCF62071.JPG
DSCF62082.JPG
DSCF6209.JPG
After its all dry you can smoke it, press it, or what ever. What I like to do is, put the hash (before pressing) in a appropreit size glass bottle and rubber band a coffee filter top on it and put it in the refrigerator and take the coffee filter off once a week and smell it and when it smells the way you like (can take up to 3 months) then Press it or smoke it. Well I think that's all there is to it. TOAST

So if you remember when it rained and broke the branches on those plants, I was scrambeling to do a lot of stuff in a short amount of time, so some of the bud got put away 1/2 groomed. So I am starting to air out the bags and check the bud. Found a whole big bag of ungroomed Pure Kush. So I groomed it. Here's some pix. Before:
DSCF62121.JPG
DSCF62161.JPG
DSCF62231.JPG
DSCF62401.JPG
DSCF62411.JPG
DSCF62421.JPG
After:
DSCF6228.JPG
DSCF6229.JPG
DSCF6230.JPG
DSCF62331.JPG
DSCF6235.JPG
DSCF62361.JPG
DSCF62371.JPG
DSCF62381.JPG
DSCF6239.JPG
and I made more Bubble Hash this is 1/2 once:
DSCF6243.JPG
DSCF6244.JPG
DSCF6245.JPG
DSCF6246.JPG
Well that's it for now. Im going to start seeds soon. So C-Ya

Well its been awhile, so here are the clones, last seen 11/17 :
DSCF6257.JPG
DSCF6258.JPG
DSCF6259.JPG
DSCF62601.JPG
they are White Widow ( which I'm not that crazy about ), UnderDawg, JackDawg, Pineapple Reserve, and Pure Kush. I have just been giving them Foxfarms Grow Big and adding a few drops of Super Thrive. Now on to the White Widow this pot is weird, the plants were nice, the buds are real fluffy, when you open the container you smell a mixture of turpentine and pine tar, really strange, but when you break it up it smells like Mr Clean. The Buzz aint that special. It gets you high but not like I like to get. What it is, is I have to smoke more of the WW then the others, so whats the point. If I can get rocked on one hit, why do four. Heres some shots with and without flash:
DSCF62631.JPG
DSCF6268.JPG
DSCF6270.JPG
DSCF6271.JPG
I haven't been doing to much other than sleep and play online poker. The account I play on the most has over 35,000,000.00 not real money but that's a lot. Have a good one. TOAST

Those CFLs do give lovely veg growth. I take it that's why you use them? Any particular reason for 125W? I only got one but so long as I'm running autos it's no biggie as the less time they are under the CFL the better.

Talking of autos....any thoughts or experiences you care to share on them?

I've just finished drying a White Widow Auto from Greenhouse Seeds and whilst I would agree it's not a sledgehammer hit like a nice Kush it's tasty and gets my head spinning for a wee while. I'm really looking forward to trying some Afghan Kush Ryder from World of Seeds soon though.....hopefully that will qualify as a nice Kush, auto or not. I'll have to wait until temps rise again here before I can try Pure Kush.....mates here tend to get shit yields running 12/12 at this time of year so I'm leaving my light on to keep my plants TOASTie ;)

And I guess there's always the possibility that WW was so popular with Amsterdam coffee shops because they wanted to sell you 4 hits of that instead of just one of something that might put a tourist on their arse in seconds :biglaugh:

Your White Widow buds look like my White Widow buds from 420 sponsor Amsterdam Marijuana Seeds. Of the two girl plants after I culled boy plants, one girl was a bit head spinny with buzzing behind the eyes, warmth under the ears, and left me pleasantly confused with the sensation of cones of energy sticking out the ears. Others noticed the ear effect too. (My memory coiuld be off on the spinny part, because my memory sucks.) The other white widow was.. meh .. smooth and not powerful.

I just started more White Widow seed to see how they turn out compared to my 3rd and 4th generation clones - also because I've had the seeds two years and I might as well grow them out.

Thanks for posting. You have a brand of humor and wit that makes a day feel special.

You're not crazy about the White Widow, and I can certainly understand why. Have you grown the strain before? I'm curious as to why you grew them this time. I recently grew one by Soul Seeds that kicked my butt and made some uber-potent brownies.

Ok Kushtie, Yes I love the CFL's, they work well for Veg and Flowering. The reason I got the 125's is because they were on sale and the guy even took 15% off the sale price cause I bought 10. As far as auto's go, I don't like um. You cant clone them, if shit happends and they stunt during Veg you end up with a plant that's 10 inches tall with a single 6 inch Bud. If you get Fem. seeds you can make as many plants as you want from one seed. It just doesn't make sense to me to only get one plant from a seed. Twice now when I bought seeds on line I got free auto seeds AK48 and Candy Kush and all four plants were like I described. For what its worth the AK48 was exceptional, it smelled awesome, tasted the same, and kicked my ass. I got that from Herbies or Green House, I don't remember. Radogast, whats up bud, My WW is all right, a lot of people like it, and it makes real good WAX. Its just weird bud, its all riddled with little tiny white want to be seed looking things. LOL It looks so good on the plant, and then went funky durning the cure. I'm going to grow a couple, I just don't plan to devote as much space to them this next time. I'm going to go heavy on the SLH, JD, UD, and I just got 5 Fem Super Silver Haze seeds and the Pure Kush just because it grows effortlessly in this climent, all you got to do with it is get in the ground and watch it grow. SweetSue, How do you do. LOL No I never grew WW before, the reason I grew it last time, Two Words, Free Seeds I got from Green House. I honestly thought it was going to be tight buds covered in tricomes like the SLH is, but no cigar. Its just like the RSK was suposta be like the 70's skunk that you had to triple bag, and when you did open the bag it smelled like you just hit a skunk with your car for a block a in all directions. But its nothing like that but just as good in a different way. This smells fruity, is smooth going in and coming out and if you take 3 hits as your blowing out the third one your wondering why you took it. Well hope that answers your question's, Later TOAST

Hey man, it's great to see your grow again. Well, you get sometimez stuff that you could pass. Hmm WW was very popular here in the 90s. Good bud if you have the original seeds from Shantibaba. But you have shitload of seeds, man. So you'll find something new and exciting ver soon I think :Tokin:

It just doesn't make sense to me to only get one plant from a seed.

I hear you there....wish I had a way to have kept clones of the Violator Kush I ran as I reckon one of the seeds turned out slightly better than the others so far. It gets me a proper all day wobble on and would have been the keeper :)

You flower under the CFLs too? In addition to the HPS or just on their own?

I haven't been doing to much other than sleep and play online poker. The account I play on the most has over 35,000,000.00 not real money but that's a lot. Have a good one. TOAST

Now that's a nice pile of online poker not real money. Good to show us the WW. I've got my first WW still in the tent and it'll be chopped here soon.

I'm actually looking forward to this cup winner. Mine were from Amsterdam and I have nine more of those beans and I'm learning all the time. Certainly, I can get cup quality with 10 attempts.

Hey Happy New Year man!

Back
Top Bottom