Lem's 2014 Outdoor Grow Journal

Yeah, compost, compost and compost :) It might add too much potassium to your soil, but outdoor it's rarely a problem, and with your sand/desert dirt it's gonna be a real blessing. I leave all the fan leaves where plants have been growing when I harvest them, so most of NPK goes back to the soil.

My camera is having a bad day.The tempature must of droped significantly, cause when I went to check the Hill these Buds have started to get that Purple Hue to them. You wont be able to hardly see from these pictures, but here we go.
Cold_Snap_0011.jpg
Cold_Snap_0021.jpg
Cold_Snap_003.jpg
Cold_Snap_0041.jpg
Cold_Snap_0051.jpg
Im going to go work on the fan leaves in Planter #2 then Ill be Back with pics. Later TOAST

COOL RAKE - In 1974 when I moved to FLA. Well I had my craft/head shop first.But then I did Sprinkler Systems.A girl friend of mine's Grand Father, MORT needed help with his sprinklers, and Lacy hooked me and mort up. I got to make some Money and a realy good friend up until the day he died. Any way while working at his home, I needed to borrow a rake, so he goes out to his shed and brings me out this.
Fan_Leaf_Removal_007.jpg
now this thing has an adjustable handle and a lever
Fan_Leaf_Removal_008.jpg
that allows you to open and close the fingers of the rake, so you can get in tight spaces or open it up to rake large areas
Fan_Leaf_Removal_009.jpg
Fan_Leaf_Removal_010.jpg
pretty fucking cool. I made such a fush over this rake that when he died last year he willed it to me. He was 96 and a Jew who grew up in NAZI Germany. He had some crazy stories.Im glad they wernt mine. Though you mite like that TOAST

So I got up at 4:00 am and took down the Sour Diesel and the Unknowen in Planter #2. I read some where that the best time to pull your plants is right before the sun comes up, because any nutes that might be left after flushing will be in the ground and not the plant. So heres some pics of that.
Harvest_Planter_2_002.jpg
Harvest_Planter_2_003.jpg
Harvest_Planter_2_004.jpg
Harvest_Planter_2_005.jpg
Harvest_Planter_2_007.jpg
Harvest_Planter_2_011.jpg
Harvest_Planter_2_012.jpg
Harvest_Planter_2_013.jpg
Harvest_Planter_2_014.jpg
Harvest_Planter_2_015.jpg
I have to run some arons but when I come back Im going to be triming the buds hanging and Ill post some pictures of the cool ones. TOAST

Looks better and better, man! Here tge show os finally over and I'm free of trimming first time in 3 weeks :)

So Mickey and Minnie Mouse are in Divorce Court. The judge has heard the aguments,and comes back from Deliberations,smacks his Gavel and says" Im sorry Mickey I cant grant you the Divorce on the grounds of Insanity". Mickey jumps out of his chair and says " Your Honor I didnt say she was Crazy, I said she was FUCKING GOOFY" TOAST Im still trimming. Took a break to smack some wax back.

The Jokes are asposta be terrible Mr Teddy.(Hows the Misses) All Right Heres another Hill Update. Well every thing on the Hill except for the Pure Kush are replacement plants.
2014_Outdoor_Update_001.jpg
2014_Outdoor_Update_002.jpg
2014_Outdoor_Update_003.jpg
2014_Outdoor_Update_004.jpg
2014_Outdoor_Update_005.jpg
2014_Outdoor_Update_006.jpg
2014_Outdoor_Update_007.jpg
2014_Outdoor_Update_008.jpg
2014_Outdoor_Update_009.jpg
2014_Outdoor_Update_010.jpg
2014_Outdoor_Update_011.jpg
2014_Outdoor_Update_012.jpg
I like this one
2014_Outdoor_Update_013.jpg
2014_Outdoor_Update_014.jpg
2014_Outdoor_Update_015.jpg
Ilike this one
2014_Outdoor_Update_016.jpg
2014_Outdoor_Update_017.jpg
2014_Outdoor_Update_018.jpg
2014_Outdoor_Update_019.jpg
2014_Outdoor_Update_020.jpg
2014_Outdoor_Update_021.jpg
2014_Outdoor_Update_022.jpg
2014_Outdoor_Update_024.jpg
2014_Outdoor_Update_025.jpg
2014_Outdoor_Update_026.jpg
2014_Outdoor_Update_027.jpg
2014_Outdoor_Update_028.jpg
Now whats left of the cage.
2014_Outdoor_Update_029.jpg
2014_Outdoor_Update_030.jpg
Planter #1
2014_Outdoor_Update_031.jpg
2014_Outdoor_Update_033.jpg
These are the future Mothers and the SLH Im trying to reveg.
2014_Outdoor_Update_035.jpg
The mysterious disaperance of Planter #2 LOL.
2014_Outdoor_Update_036.jpg
I moved the furtur e Mothers so I could Hang Buds in the Veg Room, and the Grow Room.
2014_Outdoor_Update_037.jpg
2014_Outdoor_Update_038.jpg
2014_Outdoor_Update_039.jpg
2014_Outdoor_Update_040.jpg
Sure seems like there should be more. Im real busy . TOAST

My, it's early Sunday morning here and everyone over the pond is posting. A classic, super-cool Lembatoast update. Thanks and congratulations, Lem.

By the way - just received 5 airpots in the post to start my winter indoor grow. You spoke so highly of them that I took your advice. Mrs Teddy thinks they are beautiful and has already taken one to use as a waste material basket when she's making quilts. I must phone my lawyer.....
:circle-of-love:

Very nice,Air Pots are awsum, iust remember they dry out twice as fast as a normal pots.Thats realy not a factor until the plants get larger.Its realy cool, when you flower them, you can feed them, let them dry out a day,water,dry out a day,and then feed again for the cycle, it seems to give you a better yield.Just because she stole one of your Air Pots thats no reason to call the Lawyer, Cant you two work it out.(Thats from my old lady Carol) LOL If you guys need ANYTHING let me know. TOAST Oh - You know what you call a Mexican with out a car? Joaquin (Wa-king) Heres the regament I use, its my buddy Somas, it works very well.
blog_pics_0051.jpg
So what I do is Bat Guana tea,dryout a day,just straight water,dry out a day,Organic Flowering Food, dry out ect...... for the 4th thru 8th week. Good luck you two.

Good Morning from over here, Lem. Thanks for the tip on airpots. Of course they will dry out faster - but of course I hadn't thought of that. And for that feeding schedule. Can't get anything as exotic as Bat Guano out here and importing it is impossible but I've got organic nutes lined up and the kelp spray worked wonders on Frisian Dew this summer, plus I'm going to mix some sterilised chicken manure and humus from the forest here into the veg soil which also worked well for the photoperiod outdoors girls.

I really can't complain about the quality of expert advice I'm getting here. :thanks:

PS Mrs T and I worked out a compromise. She's using it as a bin. :laughtwo: Secret of a happy marriage, guys. (And I can spare it).

Take care, Lem

I love bat guano, but I mix it with soil before the plants are planted, cause otherwise benefits are minimal. Bat guano takes at least 3 months to be broken down by microbes, and only around 3-5% of phosphorus is released in the first year. There are some other important nutrients here though like shitloads of magnesium and iron.

At 4:30 am I got up, went on the Hill, and Yanked these two Pure Kush plants.
Harvesting_Two_Pure_Kush_002.jpg
brought them down and hung them untill the sun came up,and then trimed what I missed on the Hill.
Harvesting_Two_Pure_Kush_003.jpg
after that I hung them in my out door Veg. room.
Harvesting_Two_Pure_Kush_005.jpg
and heres what I got going in the indoor grow room.
Harvesting_Two_Pure_Kush_006.jpg
and that will be it for today.Lots of trimming and grooming to do so C-YA. TOAST

Back
Top Bottom