3rd Grow 2015

Please forgive me in advance, my fellow tokers, for straining your necks. This is 19 days after popping through the dirt, just a couple of shots of my showcase. I've never started a grow at this time of year,nor at the time of month I did, but the daytime highs are still in the upper 90s, the hopefuls are getting direct sunlight from dawn til dusk, and I have seen no pests whatsoever. Perhaps I misjudged this time of year for growing according to my climate. I'm fully prepared to start another grow in mid-January. I had great success with growth during that time this year, though the disastrous ending result of mold, due to a major FU on my part.

So, here it is after a sundown shower by rain water I save in buckets under the edge of my roof, so don't get all excited that it's droopy. And on that note, ONLY water with rain water! New growth coming in at the nodes, you may have to magnify because at 420 resolution the water droplets will look like malfunction spots. I have no irregularities on my leaves at this time, which is amazing considering the miners I battled mid-year.

20150918_193559.jpg

20150918_193515.jpg

I think I remember seeing somewhere feeding with rain water isnt recommended as it doesnt contain any minerals plants need, ofcourse I could be wrong but something you could check up on seeing as your actually doing it. It looks healthy though apart from the droop

Herb

jus looked myself n yes its true but nothing to worry about if youre adding nutrients yourself

I think I remember seeing somewhere feeding with rain water isnt recommended as it doesnt contain any minerals plants need, ofcourse I could be wrong but something you could check up on seeing as your actually doing it. It looks healthy though apart from the droop

Herb

jus looked myself n yes its true but nothing to worry about if youre adding nutrients yourself

Here, complementary popcorn. Ask Pigeons420, it's good! :popcorn:

I've heard it can go both ways.

If you're in the city, the water can be much more acidic because of pollution. If you're not in be city it could be much better.

The problem I have with watering with rain water is that you don't have the control over your water source. The PPM could be through the roof or the PH could be too high or too low. Just a few too many unknowns for me.

Thanks for thinking about me guys!

I've heard it can go both ways.

If you're in the city, the water can be much more acidic because of pollution. If you're not in be city it could be much better.

The problem I have with watering with rain water is that you don't have the control over your water source. The PPM could be through the roof or the PH could be too high or too low. Just a few too many unknowns for me.

Thanks for thinking about me guys!

Yeah Pigeons, city rain most often is more acidic. Fortunately I live in the middle of nowhere. I should have taken that into consideration before making that statement and should have changed the wording up. As I've stated before, I know nothing of growing indoors nor the affects of rain water in addition to the wide variety of nutes and methods fellow tokers use. My only option is to chase the sun, and this country-rain works wonders in combination with the little nitrogen I add and the nature-enriched/aerated soil of the Texas ground. Growers definitely have to factor in location, climate, and the elements, among other factors.

Looks like you've got the right idea!

Rain water is an awesome source of free water. So if you're able to capitalize on it and utilize it, you're a step ahead of me. I would love to collect my rain water to use indoors. I use it for my outdoor garden, don't know why I'm so hesitant to give it a try indoors. I think it's because of all the unknowns.

Have a great weekend Smurf!

Looks like you've got the right idea!

Rain water is an awesome source of free water. So if you're able to capitalize on it and utilize it, you're a step ahead of me. I would love to collect my rain water to use indoors. I use it for my outdoor garden, don't know why I'm so hesitant to give it a try indoors. I think it's because of all the unknowns.

Have a great weekend Smurf!

When experimenting, I recommend only experimenting with one and sticking to what you know with the rest until the end result/s.

You have a mighty fine weekend, too, my good feather friend.

Fellow tokers, welcome to my lair.

I have new shots of my hopefuls. This is day 21 after popping through Texas black dirt. The season is against me, yet I chase the sun on. I moved them today to elongated direct sunlight. The evening sun is moving quickly to true west, my crop sensing the time of year, despite my trickery. I'm really beginning to look forward to my January grow when I'm in my true element. I don't like this time of year at all. Damn all of you with controlled environments. :blalol: Not really, just joshin'.

20150920_174724.jpg

20150920_174706.jpg

20150920_174658.jpg

20150920_174642.jpg

Fellow tokers, prepare yourselves for the good, the bad, and the downright ugly, though I love the challenge of this time of year. Did I ever tell you growing is fun as f**k and almost, if not more, addictive than smoking?! Today is 4 weeks exactly from pushing through dirt. For this time of year, I am impressed with 2 of my hopefuls. With the other 2, not so much, and I'll explain as I work my way down.

I went out as soon as my hopefuls were in full shade and gave them a shower for show & tell. That's not mildew on the leaves, it's dirt where I had to unstick the leaves after showering. I reapplied 5% Sevin Dust after 30 minutes of drying with a high velocity fan, a fan perfect for near eliminating mold when harvesting and rinsing buds for hanging to dry, just until the bud isn't damp and can dry according to my traditional methods. Anyway, let me get back on topic...

Here is my showcase plant, . It's kicking ASS! If it turns out to be a female, I may be able to barely beat the ticker. I will also have you know that this is NOT the same smoke I usually grow. Seeds got mixed up somehow and my 2 best growers are definitely indica. I'm even more confident that I can ripen their flowers to their pique potential. This is also a good place to mention that I topped all plants 2 days ago.
22076.jpg

This is my next expected female, Moana. She really came on with it after several rounds of nitrogen applications. I had to kick her in the arse and she's coming along fine now.
16089.jpg

And this is Quasimodo. Ever since it got it's first set of leaves, it has looked liked this. It has not grown normally from day 1.
31798.jpg

This POS here I fully expect to be male.
41394.jpg

Hello once again, fellow tokers. I pray your growing ventures are going well. As for mine, about as good as could be expected trying to grow as winter approaches. Here's a little about what I've got going on.

Since my last post, my "showcase" reared it's nasty balls at me and got chopped. *sigh* I should have guessed that by its rapid growth that she was a he. BUT, out of the ashes arise 3 females!:cheesygrinsmiley: Here they are on day 37 of growth.

Moana got carried away with massive fan leaves. I know I removed at least 10. No matter how I bent them, they were blocking sunlight from the new growth that desperately needed it. It didn't even dawn on me to take "before" pics, but then again I've been pretty high lately.:blalol: She also got another VERY heavy topping several days ago. I'm going for the gusto.

16304.jpg

22082.jpg

Quasimodo is growing freakishly as ever. I eagerly await the coming days after winter solstice.

31807.jpg

41401.jpg

In last post, I called this one a POS, and it has lived up to its namesake. It's definitely not cut out for this time of year being sativa dominant.

51149.jpg

61007.jpg

The temperature is still variating between 97-101ºF.

Hello friends, I have a few updates to pass along. Today is 6 weeks from first life, and day 2 of flowering.
headbang.gif
The stretch is on!

I got tired of jacking with the POS and pulled it up, so now I'm down to 2 girls.

Quasimodo is as freakish as ever, but flowering right along.

16344.jpg

22086.jpg

31819.jpg

41404.jpg

Moana is my best grower. Her number of flowers are almost too many to count, so I didn't bother. She's gonna be loaded with buds, and right on time for Christmas.

51152.jpg

61008.jpg

7844.jpg

8709.jpg

9502.jpg

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

LOL I just sent you a PM. This was a grow I did in fun thinking I could beat mother nature. Both plants shriveled at the first cold spell and the leafs and buds eventually crumbled. Please move this thread to the appropriate category because it's definitely finished.

Back
Top Bottom