Lewydeville’s Six Strain DWC

Good news the Critical Hog has decided to join the party. She’s now in a rooter and joined the other seedlings in the tent. The Sorbet Dream is breaking ground and the other 4 look fine....so far! I’ve got to sort out some new air hose as I’m getting a few spots where it’s closing over not giving me the pressure I know it can. As soon as I’ve replaced it I shall set up the tote.

Hey Lewy, hopefully you're saved a bit of room for me here, LOL. I'm quite interested in the transition between your rapid Rooter and when you set them into your Hydroton in their small net pots. Can you explain that a little further, I have something that I do, I'm wondering if you can just Enlighten us on what you do?
Generally with mine, I use the same, a 3 1/2 inch net pot. I will take my plant and its rapid Rooter after it has stretched 1 to 2 in and place the rapid Rooter right on the bottom of the net pot allowing the roots to hang out the bottom. Then I will fill the hydroton that has been pre-soaked right up to the brim of the small net pot to ensure that I can hold that small brittle stem in place. Then I fill my system up to just touching the net pot at that point. Is that basically what you do?

Hey Lewy, hopefully you're saved a bit of room for me here, LOL. I'm quite interested in the transition between your rapid Rooter and when you set them into your Hydroton in their small net pots. Can you explain that a little further, I have something that I do, I'm wondering if you can just Enlighten us on what you do?
Generally with mine, I use the same, a 3 1/2 inch net pot. I will take my plant and its rapid Rooter after it has stretched 1 to 2 in and place the rapid Rooter right on the bottom of the net pot allowing the roots to hang out the bottom. Then I will fill the hydroton that has been pre-soaked right up to the brim of the small net pot to ensure that I can hold that small brittle stem in place. Then I fill my system up to just touching the net pot at that point. Is that basically what you do?

Hello and welcome Guy, there’s always room in here mate the more the merrier. A few months ago I had a bad run with seedlings. For the first time I had sat the rooters on the bottom of my net pots because i thought it might help with the hydroton falling out the top of the pots every time I took the lid off my buckets. I always keep an inch or two between the water and bottom of the net pot but even with this it soaked up excess water. I’ve ve gone back to putting about an inch of hydroton then the rooter for some extra drainage. Hope this helps.

Today I have set up the dwc tote. It’s much easier having one res to look after at this stage. I normally keep my plants in the tote for about 3 weeks, I train them hard which keeps them manageable but by this time roots become tangled and it’s time for their own buckets. Here are some pics of what I’ve done.

I start with my freshly cleaned tote. Cleanliness is one of a growers best weapons against mould, bugs and other nasties. For the elbow grease it costs it’s surely one of the cheapest ways to enhance your plants and grow room.

I add two large air stones

Now I fill with water I’ve allowed to sit for days just bubbling to get rid of the chlorine. If you’ve read the last couple of comments I’ve spoken about drowning my seedlings last time so I’ve kept my water level an inch below my usual mark just until these girls get established.
Just some beneficial bacteria for now.

PH to 5.7 and I’m ready for the seedlings.
From these pictures you can see I’ve added a thermometer and just as important LABELS! Lol. I know the temp is low this is because my fresh water is kept very cold until I’m ready to use it. I should have a true reading tomorrow.

Right I'm all caught up. I forgot you said you had a Sorbet Dreams, she sounds crazy. My DNA Sorbet cross is the most trich covered plant I've grown in a while. She better taste good though because she's not got the best yield. I hope your one kicks out a bit more

Today I have set up the dwc tote. It’s much easier having one res to look after at this stage. I normally keep my plants in the tote for about 3 weeks, I train them hard which keeps them manageable but by this time roots become tangled and it’s time for their own buckets. Here are some pics of what I’ve done.

I start with my freshly cleaned tote. Cleanliness is one of a growers best weapons against mould, bugs and other nasties. For the elbow grease it costs it’s surely one of the cheapest ways to enhance your plants and grow room.

I add two large air stones

Now I fill with water I’ve allowed to sit for days just bubbling to get rid of the chlorine. If you’ve read the last couple of comments I’ve spoken about drowning my seedlings last time so I’ve kept my water level an inch below my usual mark just until these girls get established.
Just some beneficial bacteria for now.

PH to 5.7 and I’m ready for the seedlings.
From these pictures you can see I’ve added a thermometer and just as important LABELS! Lol. I know the temp is low this is because my fresh water is kept very cold until I’m ready to use it. I should have a true reading tomorrow.
well set foundation . lol on the labels too. i am at jarvest and have no clue if i have 3 utopia haze or not. so mixed up after germination. been through whole barneys catalogue trying to match these three to their right plant profile. still think i had 3 utopia but growing so diff to the ones they do. lol bloody labels

well set foundation . lol on the labels too. i am at jarvest and have no clue if i have 3 utopia haze or not. so mixed up after germination. been through whole barneys catalogue trying to match these three to their right plant profile. still think i had 3 utopia but growing so diff to the ones they do. lol bloody labels
You know what I do to keep track, I use the 1.5 in foam inserts from my cloner. I write the info on the foam and wrap it around the stem. It stays in place that way. When the stem gets too big and it pops off, I transfer it to a lower branch.

I’m really happy with this lot. Roots are starting to poke through the net pots and there isn’t much difference in size so when in comes to introducing nutes it should make life easier. Can’t wait to get to work on these now another week and things should get interesting.
The Gorilla Zkittlez
Pink Kush

Looks like a primo line-up, Lewdy!

Like everyone else, I'm interested in seeing that Zkittles.... but I'm stoked to see that Fat Banana and the Pink Kush.

Hope ya don't mind me tagging along...
-P :lot-o-toke:

Looks like a primo line-up, Lewdy!

Like everyone else, I'm interested in seeing that Zkittles.... but I'm stoked to see that Fat Banana and the Pink Kush.

Hope ya don't mind me tagging along...
-P :lot-o-toke:

You are more than welcome here mate. It’s going to be difficult to pick a favourite out of this lot but the hype around the Zkittlez is crazy. Can’t wait to try it. Once these hit the flower tent I’ve got some creme de la chem autos and I was wondering how many do you think I should run in this 1m x 1m tent 1,2 or 4 ? lol. I’ve never ran autos before.

You are more than welcome here mate. It’s going to be difficult to pick a favourite out of this lot but the hype around the Zkittlez is crazy. Can’t wait to try it. Once these hit the flower tent I’ve got some creme de la chem autos and I was wondering how many do you think I should run in this 1m x 1m tent 1,2 or 4 ? lol. I’ve never ran autos before.
I think you could reasonably fit 4 autos in a 3X3.
:thumb:

Depending on how good of a start you get and what the genetics are like you could easily fill a 3x3 with just one plant. I'm assuming you'll be using DWC though. It's a tricky one. i say go with more though just in case

Depending on how good of a start you get and what the genetics are like you could easily fill a 3x3 with just one plant. I'm assuming you'll be using DWC though. It's a tricky one. i say go with more though just in case

It is a tricky one. It will be dwc. I want to try and train one or two which I know is a risky move and I’m expecting to probably stunt one in the name of learning. I’ve got a spare 3x3 if things really get outta hand. No you’re right Professor more just in case!! :p

Back
Top Bottom