Looking for trusted breeder for dense strains: Barney's Farm?

Cwmoore577

Hello all,
I'm trying to decide which strains to run for my 4th grow. I've had trouble getting any kind of decent density with my buds and I'm not sure what else to do besides trying different genetics. My last grow I ran GelatOG and Zkittlez from the Seedsman in-house breeders, both are indica dominant autoflowers but both turned out fluffy and somewhat unappealing.

The breeders that I've looked at are Barney's Farm, Fast Buds, DinaFem, DNA Genetics, Dutch Passion and Nirvana. I'd love to get something from Mephisto but they seem to have been out of stock for a while now.

After looking at all of these I narrowed it down to maybe ordering 3 strains from Barney's.. Pink Kush, Purple Punch and Wedding Cake.
Has anyone here had any experience growing their seeds?

And if anyone has a strain I can find on seedsman that they recommend, I'd love to hear.

THANKS!

Just to add..
I know lighting, nutrients and environment all play a part in the density of the final product. I run the 250 watt Series 2+ Red Spec LED from BudgetLED in a 2x4 tent. I was also considering whether or not to add another LED to see if that would help add mass to the flowers. Possibly the 130 watt Series 3+ Full Spec from them? Undecided on whether to keep running the FloraSeries nutrients in coco or to go back to soil.

I had one 260 watt qb light on my first grow (3' x 3'), I added a second one for my second grow (3' x 3'), huge difference. I would definitely add another one of those lights, It made a huge difference in quality between my first and second grow. I am now on my third grow and I now own 3 - 260 watt led fixtures (3' x 5.5').

I have just made my second purchase from non sponsor breeder in Colorado. Cannaventure seeds and they ship quick. I just ordered seeds from them this morning and they have already shipped.

Bud density is going to vary strain to strain and breeder to breeder. I have found VERY dense buds in DNA genetics and Barney's Farm, Dinafem. I know they have dense strains.

Density doesn't really change much more then production. Even then some really dense plants don't put out lots of buds they just weigh better. With Cateract Kush from DNA the most dense plant also produced 1/4 ounce less then its sisters. It's buds would come under the heading as rock hard.

Plus density has nothing to do with THC percent. Some fluffy buds could be stronger. Bigger or better light may be all that you need. I have found the new COB LED lights produce REALLY dense buds. 4 different strains grown under them produced denser buds then their sisters under 1000 watt HPS.

Hello all,
I'm trying to decide which strains to run for my 4th grow. I've had trouble getting any kind of decent density with my buds and I'm not sure what else to do besides trying different genetics. My last grow I ran GelatOG and Zkittlez from the Seedsman in-house breeders, both are indica dominant autoflowers but both turned out fluffy and somewhat unappealing.

The breeders that I've looked at are Barney's Farm, Fast Buds, DinaFem, DNA Genetics, Dutch Passion and Nirvana. I'd love to get something from Mephisto but they seem to have been out of stock for a while now.

After looking at all of these I narrowed it down to maybe ordering 3 strains from Barney's.. Pink Kush, Purple Punch and Wedding Cake.
Has anyone here had any experience growing their seeds?

And if anyone has a strain I can find on seedsman that they recommend, I'd love to hear.

THANKS!

Just to add..
I know lighting, nutrients and environment all play a part in the density of the final product. I run the 250 watt Series 2+ Red Spec LED from BudgetLED in a 2x4 tent. I was also considering whether or not to add another LED to see if that would help add mass to the flowers. Possibly the 130 watt Series 3+ Full Spec from them? Undecided on whether to keep running the FloraSeries nutrients in coco or to go back to soil.
Genetics matter. But you need watts from the wall to pack on dense flowers. Genetic potential is meaningless if youre trying to flower with a low power light

I had one 260 watt qb light on my first grow (3' x 3'), I added a second one for my second grow (3' x 3'), huge difference. I would definitely add another one of those lights, It made a huge difference in quality between my first and second grow. I am now on my third grow and I now own 3 - 260 watt led fixtures (3' x 5.5').

I have just made my second purchase from non sponsor breeder in Colorado. Cannaventure seeds and they ship quick. I just ordered seeds from them this morning and they have already shipped.
Have you tried any seeds from freeworld genetics out of boulder?

Bud density is going to vary strain to strain and breeder to breeder. I have found VERY dense buds in DNA genetics and Barney's Farm, Dinafem. I know they have dense strains.

Density doesn't really change much more then production. Even then some really dense plants don't put out lots of buds they just weigh better. With Cateract Kush from DNA the most dense plant also produced 1/4 ounce less then its sisters. It's buds would come under the heading as rock hard.

Plus density has nothing to do with THC percent. Some fluffy buds could be stronger. Bigger or better light may be all that you need. I have found the new COB LED lights produce REALLY dense buds. 4 different strains grown under them produced denser buds then their sisters under 1000 watt HPS.
Genetics matter. But you need watts from the wall to pack on dense flowers. Genetic potential is meaningless if youre trying to flower with a low power light
I ended up ordering purple punch and wedding cake from Barney’s.

I also added the new 130 watt Series 3 full spec from BudgetLED to go with the 250 watt red spec that I already have. So I’ll have 47.5 watts per sq ft and I’m hoping that will help.

Thats cool. Is that LED marketing watts or watts from the wall? I look forward to your result.

As far as genetics. I hqve heard bad things about barneys. I dont know if its true but they say he tried to patent "wedding cake" and make proprietary genetics.

I am against propritary cannabis genetics. So I would research that rumor before I bought barneys. Maybe someone here knows.

Thats cool. Is that LED marketing watts or watts from the wall? I look forward to your result.

As far as genetics. I hqve heard bad things about barneys. I dont know if its true but they say he tried to patent "wedding cake" and make proprietary genetics.

I am against propritary cannabis genetics. So I would research that rumor before I bought barneys. Maybe someone here knows.
It’s from the wall. They actually make really good lights and the full spec let’s me switch spectrums. When I say BudgetLED people think cheap but the components are high quality. Check em out!

I did check reviews and ask around before settling on Barney’s, everything I’ve read said good things but I’ve never ran anything from them.
I get being against strain patents but have you heard bad things about the quality of their genetics or just that they applied for ownership?

I checked some other breeders but most focused on autoflowers and I was looking for photos this time.

It’s from the wall. They actually make really good lights and the full spec let’s me switch spectrums. When I say BudgetLED people think cheap but the components are high quality. Check em out!

I did check reviews and ask around before settling on Barney’s, everything I’ve read said good things but I’ve never ran anything from them.
I get being against strain patents but have you heard bad things about the quality of their genetics or just that they applied for ownership?

I checked some other breeders but most focused on autoflowers and I was looking for photos this time.
I associate "cheap quality" with "budget" qnything so the name turns me off. And reviews on amazon were bad when I looked. And for the money, other systems have more watts from the wall and bett3r sp3ctrum I thought.

Who cares what they sell if you dont like their philosophy/character?? The genetics are not in question. The ethics are. I will not support people financially that I disagree with their business practices.

All breeders sell photoperiods. You just have to look at the right list.

Just my 2c. I personally dont and probably wouldnt ever order seeds online.

@Cwmoore577 Barney’s is a sponsor here and has been for a long time. This is the first time I’ve ever heard anything bad about them, I hear their pineapple chunk is great. This is the first I’ve heard of them trying to patent a strain as well? Odd... doesn’t really matter as it didn’t work because several banks are selling wedding cake. I’ve ran their genetics before with no problems, so I think your good my man. You are also correct, those BudgetLED lights are very nice and high quality... that second light will definitely help improve your yields. :thumb:

Budget Led is a 420 magazine site sponsor, They sell Quantum boards which are top notch, you will be pleased.

Sorry i looked at a lot of stuff. Im probably confusing 2
All good man, I was just curious. I run BudgetLED. They are a sponsor here and the lights are top notch. Your be hard pressed to find a bad review on them. Quality components and products, American made.

My Barney's Farm strains that I grew in my 2x4 under 260watt hlg qb xl were super dense. It's very much like the Budget fixture.
I concentrated on environment. Get that in order and they will impress. Utilize a vpd chart that includes flower to get you there.
View media item 1777866

Have you ever used any of Freeworld Genetics' seeds out of Boulder Co??

Back
Top Bottom