Low Watts - High Yield - Let's Smash the 1 GPW Benchmark Together

looking good 420 i also finished a 20oz that end up with small but super frosted buds very nice powerful joints it made.....

GEDC02342.JPG

blue planet feeding
Week 1(days 1-7): 450PPM---------------------------------------------------------is this the start of crazy growth
Week 2(days 8-14): 700PPM (I start adding Liquid Blue on day 10)
Week 3(days 15-21): 900PPM
Week 4-9(days 22-64): 1100-1200PPM depending on what the plants are telling me
3 day flush(days 65-67): Plain water
Let pots dry(days 68-70): No nutes/water

blue planet feeding
Week 1(days 1-7): 450PPM---------------------------------------------------------is this the start of crazy growth
Week 2(days 8-14): 700PPM (I start adding Liquid Blue on day 10)
Week 3(days 15-21): 900PPM
Week 4-9(days 22-64): 1100-1200PPM depending on what the plants are telling me
3 day flush(days 65-67): Plain water
Let pots dry(days 68-70): No nutes/water

There's immediate growth if the roots are laying in the res when the clones are buried.

Dear 420fied,

this is the first post I've ever dared among fellow gardening enthusiasts of particular exotic flowers I just adore the powerful scent of a robust flower, quite heady, actually. I salaam before you in abject awe of your mighty cannabis juju. The photos of the roots from your pvc aero grow were freaking brilliant.

I am making small magic in a room that's 5 x 7ft. The flower box is 2ft x 4ft, have a 2 tier 2ft x 4ft bench and that is it, aside from a bench outside the room. It's a tight little operation, like working in a ship's galley, but I am currently maintaining 7 varieties.

I have recently changed from soil to hempy, 2L's inspired by guess who. If I can make it work, it should be more productive and allow me room for more mothers. I do love variety. My first tub of plants that went from the cloner straight to flower are starting to ripen now. Interesting to observe my familiar strains growing in radically different conditions, mainly being me having to feed them.. They are 6 weeks in, smaller (which I expected) but not as frosty as I'm used to, fragrant, but not as strong. I have a lot to learn obviously, which is why I've overcome my reticence *cough*paranoia. in search of wisdom. I hope to get the ferts sorted in time, but my immediate concern is the cloner. The first batch was 100% yay, so I thought it was a sure thing, but then only got like 33% on the second, have my fingers crossed for this batch. How fussy is a proper cleaning between runs? And how long can you go without changing water, if you're rotating clones in and out? PH is kept near 6.0, water temp is high70's. The first batch was perfect with no fuss at all and now I'm fretting over everything.

And I wonder what you know about hps bulbs such as when they should be replaced and whether the pricey bulbs are worth the cost.

Thank you so much for sharing what you've learned and I very much appreciate your factual, ego free reporting. I love growing my own and learned everything from the internet, which was a huge ordeal given the extraordinary amount of bs and opinions posing as facts. You and 420magazine rock. I'll be talking to Mr Planet soon.

Peace & Love, MJ13

Thank you for the poetic words.

I hope you get your cloner issues worked out. Tell me more about your cloner setup, Pump size? Temp in room? Light on them? What do the failing clones look like? The more specific you are and the more info you give, the better my advice/solution will be.

It's written that you should change your HPS bulbs every year or so. However, I once flowered with the same 600 watt bulb for 3 straight years with no problem.

Thank you for the poetic words.

I hope you get your cloner issues worked out. Tell me more about your cloner setup, Pump size? Temp in room? Light on them? What do the failing clones look like? The more specific you are and the more info you give, the better my advice/solution will be.

It's a 14 gal tote, appx 14x20x11"deep, 24 sites, 396gph pump, spray head roughly 10x16, top is not quite 8" off bottom, 28 green 360 spray heads. Room stays in mid 70'sF.

The first batch was 21 cut 11/24, pump ran 24/7 6.0 water, a few drops superthrive, tops appx 8" beneath 1 24" 14W 6400K HO fluorescent, lights on 18/6, harvested them 12/7 looking like this:

roots121.jpg

tub1.jpg

tub2.jpg

I cleaned cloner, pump & spray head with clean water rinse only. Trimmed spray head height & footprint in attempt to alleviate slight leakage issue. Increased amount of water, looking to reduce water temp, which was sometimes topping 80F. 2nd batch had 7 survivors out of 18 I think, and roots not as vigorous. There was a good bit more leaf discoloration, and the failure stalks were limp as al dente pasta. No photos... I seem to be more inclined to shoot success when it's the failures I really need to document. After disappointing results, started worrying about everything. Added pump timer, 45 on 15 off every hour, slid tray dome over top, covered with white trash bag doubled flat to reduce light . Have finally realized gardening while high can be hazardous to crop.. forgot to plug pump back in & didn't realize for 8-12 hrs, lost 90%... currently have new cuts & the few survivors percolating. The one that's thrown roots is pretty weak so far, up top there are a 1/4 that have shriveled and another 1/4 that are drooping. I'm thinking maybe I should drain & clean cloner & start the cuts I'll need to fill out the grow in plugs, which I've been pretty successful at.

Your thoughts (and your readership) much appreciated. I really want this part of the puzzle to succeed.
Peace & Love, MJ13

420fied,

I have two questions,how do you control your water temps in your cloners? If I remember correctly your water is warm around 75 degrees until you see roots and then drop it to 65 once roots are showing,how do you accomplish this? My other question is what is the average time from taking cuttings until you have roots long enough to go in the 2L's? I know different strains will take less or more time,just trying to get a rough idea. Mine took forever but I attribute that to my water temps being a bit cold.

Thanks

roots definately show faster at warmer temps than u'd run in hydro, 75f is spot on. personally i dont cool my cloning res as the clones generally arent in more than 2 weeks. placing airstones in prevents rot kicking in. also i dont really change out the water in my cloners, i just top it up. i maybe sterilise and change every 8 weeks with zero probs. ive just added beneficials to one of my res's and plan to keep it running indefinately by only topping up. the idea is the beneficials overrun the res so theres no room for nasties and they will help promote healthy root development faster once roots appear. i'd remove sprayers and piping and flush to make sure no blockages though.

just my 2cents. i know fied has his own way of doing things too.

420fied,

I have two questions,how do you control your water temps in your cloners? If I remember correctly your water is warm around 75 degrees until you see roots and then drop it to 65 once roots are showing,how do you accomplish this? My other question is what is the average time from taking cuttings until you have roots long enough to go in the 2L's? I know different strains will take less or more time,just trying to get a rough idea. Mine took forever but I attribute that to my water temps being a bit cold.

Thanks

You're thinking of my aero journal when I had my chiller hooked up. I sprayed them at 74* and then dropped it to 66* once I saw roots.

day12spray_root.jpg
day12roots2.jpg

Day-9-roots.jpg
healthy_clone1.jpg

From November through May, the res temps in my cloners stay in the 72-76* range and that's perfect. In the past, I kept the res cool in the summer months(June-October) by adding frozen 2 Liter bottles which cooled the res for up to 8 hours at a time.

However, in my new space I have plenty of AC piped into the veg/clone room which will keep it at a steady 70*. I've also got the pumps in my cloners set to spray at 2 minutes on and 1 minute off. This prevents the pump from heating up the water in the res as it would if the pump ran continuously. If my res temps do climb to 80+ this coming summer, I'll add frozen 2 Liters to control the temps. I suspect, though, that I'll be fine without them.

My clones are consistantly buried in the 2 Liters within 14-16 days of cutting them.

What do you use for a timer/controller that you can adjust to give you 2 minute on/1 minute off intervals?
You're thinking of my aero journal when I had my chiller hooked up. I sprayed them at 74* and then dropped it to 66* once I saw roots.

day12spray_root.jpg
day12roots2.jpg

Day-9-roots.jpg
healthy_clone1.jpg

From November through May, the res temps in my cloners stay in the 72-76* range and that's perfect. In the past, I kept the res cool in the summer months(June-October) by adding frozen 2 Liter bottles which cooled the res for up to 8 hours at a time.

However, in my new space I have plenty of AC piped into the veg/clone room which will keep it at a steady 70*. I've also got the pumps in my cloners set to spray at 2 minutes on and 1 minute off. This prevents the pump from heating up the water in the res as it would if the pump ran continuously. If my res temps do climb to 80+ this coming summer, I'll add frozen 2 Liters to control the temps. I suspect, though, that I'll be fine without them.

My clones are consistantly buried in the 2 Liters within 14-16 days of cutting them.

Back
Top Bottom