Lowryder Grow

Re: setting sun's second lowryder grow

this pic has gotten a lot of views in my gallery, so I thought I would post it for y'all:

IMG_1671_Medium.JPG

do i see mite webs to the left of the pretty nug??

That is so pretty...awesome work dude.

excellent! this was really helpfull info! thanks SS

You're most welcome acadien26!

Poke had pointed out those strands previously and they were from a spider that took up residence in that plant when I had a minor fungus gnat issue.

I didn't introduce it, it introduced itself. There was no spider mite problem.
When he pointed it out, however, I had my plants in their 48 hours of dark period and couldn't check on them.

I was going to harvest them the next day anyway, but I did freak out a bit about mites in my harvested buds until I could check on them.

ss

You know it is a very happy grow environment when spiders introduce themselves to help with a bug problem. And the bugs are there because of the growing conditions, so, it is kind of like all the good in nature in your grow. Well done!

You know it is a very happy grow environment when spiders introduce themselves to help with a bug problem. And the bugs are there because of the growing conditions, so, it is kind of like all the good in nature in your grow. Well done!

You know what's funny DG, is that every indoor grow that I've done in my life, I've had a small fungus gnat infestation that never gets out of hand.

I'll maybe throw one fly strip in there, and vacuum up as many adults as I can when I tend my plants, and that's about as aggressive as I get with controlling them. I don't freak out over getting every single last one. I know they are detrimental to plants, but I give them theirs, moderately control them, and nothing bad seems to happen.

That spider must have liked that environment.

ss

Wow what a turn out!! Very nice grow, and thank you for sharing it, i just wish that i would have been using the site when you started it.

:goodjob:

Wow what a turn out!! Very nice grow, and thank you for sharing it, i just wish that i would have been using the site when you started it.

:goodjob:

Thanks BUD08!

I'm even more excited about growing today than when I first became a member, because now I realize what an incredible resource this site is for those who grow their own.

take care and thanks for visiting!

Beautiful looking buds you have there! i had a house spider in my grow tent and i hate the little fuckers! but my plants need watering so i had to get in there and scoop the little bastard up and ding him out side cringing all the way :)

thanks doc!

I'm still smokin' and enjoying them too. After fully drying, they turned out nice and dense, so they're lasting well.

Lots of people don't like spiders. Bugs geek me out in general, but I tolerate spiders because they're so efficient at eating other bugs, and there's only a couple of types we need to watch out for here.

Glad we don't have the super-aggressive ones they have in Australia that will actually go after you instead of generally trying to hide from us. Yikes!

Excited to follow your new grow brother! The international flavor of this site is one of my favorite things!

thanks for visiting!

Thanks for sharing your grow with us setting sun.

We're moving your journal to our completed archives per your request.

Much peace and respect to you :peace:

SS, I saw your link to this thread in your post in the new sponsors thread, and just finished reading it all. Outstanding stuff. There are probably some seed companies that would like to have a few of those sugar-frosted bud pics.

I'm close to starting my first grow, just ordered the lighting, already have some feminized seeds. Will decide on the rest within a couple of weeks. I'm going to take pics and notes, and if it appears that the grow is interesting, I'll probably start a thread. Your thread has already been a great help in several areas for me. Thanks for taking the time to put it all together.

:nicethread:

fantastic grow man.

*thumbs up*

Back
Top Bottom