Lowryder Grow

Re: setting sun's second lowryder grow

Hi Sun:surf:
I just read this journal again:goodjob:
Now I want to try lowryder :ganjamon:
The high you described sounds temping.
You sure grew during this grow. Pun intended.:ganjamon:

the high is very euphoric and pleasurable, but the short-term memory hit is extreme. I really can't do much after smoking some because I lose track of what I'm doing, lol.

I still have quite a bit of the buds I harvested from this grow left. Couple or three rips and I'm done. Great medicine for my back pain!

Mrs. Sun don't like it. She likes weed that puts her to sleep, not weed that takes her on magic carpet rides through her mind, lol.

Bear in mind, however, that the original seeds that I got from the seed bank don't seem to have much ruderalis in them at all, so I'm not sure these plants give the same high as stable auto-flowering lowryders.

Yes, I grew a lot during this grow, and hope to continue to grow with subsequent grows ;).

take care my friend,

setting sun

...Bear in mind, however, that the original seeds that I got from the seed bank don't seem to have much ruderalis in them at all, so I'm not sure these plants give the same high as stable auto-flowering lowryders.

That reputation about ruderalis is what's keeping me from buying LR seeds. I love the idea of quick-flowering plants, but not enough to sacrifice potency. Never tried any myself (that I know of), so can't speak from experience.

That reputation about ruderalis is what's keeping me from buying LR seeds. I love the idea of quick-flowering plants, but not enough to sacrifice potency. Never tried any myself (that I know of), so can't speak from experience.

I think if you go with LR2, you won't have issues with potency. I've read a lot of good smoke reports with LR2, and the price of the seeds is the same as LR1.

Yield is higher also because they get somewhat larger.

There are *lots* of AF crosses now that will knock your socks off. AK-47, blueberry, diesel, etc.

Personally, I would not give LR1 even a look these days.

I was disappointed when the seeds I made didn't AF any better than their parents, but I was not at all disappointed after the harvest when I smoked some.

The lack of ruderalis genes was appreciated then, lol.

thanks for your comments Bolivar!

Hi Again Sun
Kit the wrong key. Stoned.

Nirvana Has A new AK-48 out. It is not AF.
They are one of the companies that try to keep the old strains pure.
You probably know that already.
I have ordered from them twice.
The last order I got from them never got here. They resent 2/3s of the order to me for free.
Any way, I'm sure you will find a find a few great ones to grow.
:peace:

Setting Sun, I have personally grown auto's and don't have a problem with them. The ONLY drawback to me is the harvest, not as much as I would like to see. I have had many repeat customers on our auto's. I am down to just over a half ounce left of the Blueberry already. I believe it has as much to do with the grower, as it does the strain. Combination of a good grower, and the right growing conditions, and you can bring out the best in a plant.

Setting Sun, I have personally grown auto's and don't have a problem with them. The ONLY drawback to me is the harvest, not as much as I would like to see. I have had many repeat customers on our auto's. I am down to just over a half ounce left of the Blueberry already. I believe it has as much to do with the grower, as it does the strain. Combination of a good grower, and the right growing conditions, and you can bring out the best in a plant.

Good info. Thanks. Might try one then.

Hi Again Sun
Kit the wrong key. Stoned.

Nirvana Has A new AK-48 out. It is not AF.
They are one of the companies that try to keep the old strains pure.
You probably know that already.
I have ordered from them twice.
The last order I got from them never got here. They resent 2/3s of the order to me for free.
Any way, I'm sure you will find a find a few great ones to grow.
:peace:

thanks for the info and the heads-up on new AK-48!

I have several different tasty strains refrigerated and on deck for future grows, just need the time.

thanks bro!

I completely agree. A careful grow will allow whatever the genetics are to reach their full potential.

Won't work with wild hemp though, lol.

Good info. Thanks. Might try one then.

I've yet to witness the AF phenomenon, so I'm gonna grow some LR2 in a future grow.

Yeah, it's a cool gadjet, but easily justified as it really does a pretty good job despite that it looks like a silly toy.

It does come with an AV cable, so you can output the video to a TV. I haven't tried doing that yet, but I bet it would be a whole lot easier than trying to focus the image on the little screen like I have been doing.

Thanks for coming along for the ride, Resinator. It was a lot more fun with you onboard;)

regards,

SS

Saw one at Toy World for 100 bucks.

I nearly bought it over that piece of shit glass magnifying glass people keep telling me to use to check out trichs......for 6.50, it dosent do jack squat, and I can see it just as good with my eyes.

That thing, I'm totally buying next time I see it.

Trippy is the coolest plant ive ever seen. LOL.....
Good grow man and +rep when i learn how to

Trippy was the coolest plant I've ever grown ;).

Frostier than all her sisters too.

I need to get working on my cloning chops so I can continue to grow special plants like Trippy.

I had a Violator Kush sativa pheno on my last grow that is very psychedelic. Wish I had cloned that one too.

I guess you figured out the rep ;)

thanks LilJah!

Re: Setting Sun's second lowryder grow

the microscope i got is the MM-100 MicroMax and i got it from RadioShack. And im gonna post some more pics of my plant. Could u take a look at them and tell me what u think, if its ready for harvest or not. The hairs on it are 40%-60% amber-white. And when i look at the trichs they look like the pics that u have. And on my plant i dont really use any chemicals besides maricale grow plant food and miracle grow bloom stuff. I dont use any lights or anything like that. I took a seed out of some really good weed that i had, stuck it in a pot and left it outside. then after it got like 3 feet tall i stuck it in the shed for 12 hours of uninterupted darkness then in the morning i take it out for 12 hours of light. Now its where it is.:)

Thanks for posting more details.

I use two different "USB" microscopes to take my pics, which they store to either a USB thumb drive, or my computer's hard drive.

The Micromax from Radio Shack isn't set up to take pics, just to let you look at your trichs. I have seen a few decent pics taken with a camera through that microscope, by just holding the camera up and shooting through it, but that's going to be very hit or miss and cumbersome.

The sun is the best grow light there is ;).

I'll go check out your pics ;)

OK, back from the photo gallery.

Nice female plant you got there! Unless those are old pics, it's got several weeks left before it's ready to harvest, so it's too early to do trich checks now, but you could practice with your scope so you're more familiar with it in a few weeks when she fattens up ;)

no those pics are old i'll post the newer ones in the morning. and the scope i got its pretty good lookin through it but not really good at takin pics through it, i'll give it a try and see what it does tomorrow. But yea my plant is covered in trichs , u can see it clear when it shines in the sun. I dont know i think i might be real close to harvesting but its gettin way to big to have it where im at so i gotta do somethin with it plus the smell comin from it is really strong and it really lingers around the back of the house so yea i gotta do somethin with it. when i post the pics tomorrow let me know what u think about it... thanks... and i jus got done goin through your whole post and it was pretty good , learned some good things. thanks for all the info. and lookin forward to seein more stuff...

alright so i posted some new pics let me know what u think....also i was takin some fan leaves off over the weekend and a branch split in 2 so i cut the branch off and hung it in my attic for 3 days and when i took it out it was beyond dry but a couple pieces were really dry but they were also sticky as hell and had a strong ass skunky odor, smelled real good, but i wanna know if i over dryed it and should i not put it up there for that long, maybe just a day and take it out and check it??? i dont know... let me know what u think...thanks...

Back
Top Bottom