Lowryder Purple Jems

Well guys, this journal is definitely not turning out to be what I expected. The bean that's been germinating for 5 days isn't doing anything now and the other I started 2 days ago is still just sitting there. The germinating method has been the same throughout, paper towel in a ziplock. The same level of darkness and temps. Might have just gotten a bad batch of beans. I'm still letting them be and we'll see what happens. On another note, the PK is taking off like a rocket. Her fans are getting huge in comparison. Once she gets her 4th node, which is close, she's going into flower.

I know exactly what you mean. I've started a lot of beans and the same thing happens to me a lot believe it or not. I will get a batch of say 6 seeds. Out of those 6 seeds maybe 2 will grow a taproot and start sprouting leaves within 48 hours. Some seeds take over a week to germinate. I think it is just natures way of protecting itself. If all the seeds germinated at once and there was bad weather all the seeds would die out. I tell you what though. The ones that have grown a tap root only, what I do is stick them in the moist LW (taproot down) in a shallow depression and within a week they usually start sprouting. Just water them lightly every day. It does help.

I know exactly what you mean. I've started a lot of beans and the same thing happens to me a lot believe it or not. I will get a batch of say 6 seeds. Out of those 6 seeds maybe 2 will grow a taproot and start sprouting leaves within 48 hours. Some seeds take over a week to germinate. I think it is just natures way of protecting itself. If all the seeds germinated at once and there was bad weather all the seeds would die out. I tell you what though. The ones that have grown a tap root only, what I do is stick them in the moist LW (taproot down) in a shallow depression and within a week they usually start sprouting. Just water them lightly every day. It does help.

Trust me guys,I know what u mean!
My fem green-o-matic seeds were on the bigger side,and they were lighter in color ect,either way they were a bitch to germ!
One sprouted after 2 days and I killed it:(
All the other seeds took atleast 5-6 days to come out of the ground,I guess it all depends,lol...the bagseeds Iv been playing with in the past germ overnight sometimes,hehe:p:tokin:

Well I changed things up a little bit. I made some space for the flower room and have that all setup for the most part right now. The newer PJ germinated and sprouted last night. With the older bean not germinating, I started another PJ this morning in a paper towel. Also while waiting the other day I decided to germinate a Dutch Passion Taiga Fem, another auto. She sprouted her taproot and is now in a starter enclosed in a humidity dome, as of this morning, with the veggies. Here are some pics:

Flower Room
It's a Secret Jardin DR150w. Dimensions are 5 x 2.5 x 6.5. The lights are a 4 bulb 4' T5 fluoro, 20k total lumens.

6792.jpg

With the PJ #2 male:

6831.jpg

PJ#3 Sprout:

6841.jpg

And now the PK:

6821.jpg

She's spreading out rapidly to absorb as much light as possible so I had to remove the PJ male. He needed to be pulled anyway, although I might try and get more pollen from him before chopping.

I like it:)
Very nice and neat looking,cute seedling and the bottom plant looks like a beauty!:D

Congrats on the tent, things looking awesome.

looking good I am in for the follow.... :)

Thanks guys and welcome aboard McCrackin.

Well all of the latest beans germinated. That means I have 2 more PJ and the Taiga. All have been placed in starters. I also transplanted the PK earlier and think I may have stressed her a bit. Her leaf tips were curling down somewhat before light out. I fed her after transplanting, so hopefully the fresh nutes and lights out will do her some good tonight.

nice pics

Thanks

Sprouts are looking good. The PK is looking real good, just a little heat stress. That's the edges curling upward. Keep an eye on temps. Sending good vibes your way! It's about time your luck turns around!
:thumb:

Thanks bro. Yeah, my veg room still needs some vent work that needs to be finished. I moved the PK into the flower room. The temps aren't ideal, so ventilation is turned off for now to allow for heat buildup, along with a hydrofarm heating pad underneath to keep the roots warm during lights out.

Well the sprouts are still just that, with a little larger leaves now. Here's a couple of pics from a few days ago. They were fed 1/4 strength FFBB right after the shoot.

PJ#3:
P1000698.jpg

PJ#4:
P10007002.jpg

Taiga:
P10007022.jpg

Now the story with the PK. I had her all setup as of last weekend to run her 12/12 schedule. First couple of days went fine, I think. I went to the room earlier and noticed the lights on. I went to check the timer and it stopped working. So now she had 2 days of 12/12 and possibly 3-5 days of 24hrs light. I switched the timer out with a new one so hopefully that won't happen again. I hope the girl didn't stress too bad. I'd hate to have her hermie. Here are some pics I just snapped of her.

PK:
7061.jpg

7031.jpg

7042.jpg

7051.jpg

I'll get some more pictures of the sprouts up in the next day or so.

Back
Top Bottom