Mack Meets Cinderella In Soil - A Love Story In Flux

Thanks, Van Stank! I was looking for short/wide pots and didn't find any. Now I know where to look. :)

I was planning to flip shortly after I let her go vertical, but I'll let her "north/south" nodes develop a little more.

I'd kind of hoped I could grow two plants in the tent, but the seed I wanted to put in with her was a dud, and I'd only ordered one of them. So then I ordered 3 more but they haven't arrived yet. It's looking like I'm going to have to veg that one in the space bucket and move her to the tent when it's time to flip her to 12/12, since by then, this fluxed plant will be on the 12/12 cycle. :/

The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry.

Anyway, here she was this morning before her trim (39 days old):
39_days.JPG

And after:
39_days_3.JPG

Thanks, VS! She's 6 weeks old today. At this point, I'm thinking I'll give her one more week in veg, maybe two, then let her go vertical. I'm so excited! :D

42_days2.JPG

High Mack,

Very nice job. Attention to detail is perfect. I'm looking at Cindarella99 also. Seems to be a nice sativa high with the flowering period of an indica. I have to evaluate for awhile, as I only grow outdoors. I get one grow a year (which is plenty).

You have a very nice journal started.:goodjob:

Hey all! Welcome Peece, Bode, and Sloppy! Glad you're here. Feel free to jump in any time with suggestions or comments -- I'm eager for a decent yield out of this girl, and I don't really know WTF I'm doing. :)

Katya's 7 weeks old today, and she's looking nice and lush. Here she is before her trim:

49_days2.JPG

And after:

49_days_11.JPG

Do you think she's got a good enough foundation to start going vertical? I have a very small grow tent, so I'm hesitant to let her get much bigger. Because I need to keep her smallish, I decided to try letting her sub-side nodes grow out, rather than restricting her to the "north/south" nodes only. I worry they'll run out of room in flower, but I'm only keeping the sideways nodes. The ones that grow on the top and bottom of those stems get pinched off. And of course, she's sativa, so the flowering stretch alone might mess me up. :p

High Mack,

Great job with the clip. She wasn't recognizable before her trim. I would put her in the flower mode. You know she's going to stretch.

You might be right, Bode. :thanks: I just fed her about a half gallon of FoxFarms Big Bloom + Grow Big at normal strength. pH was 6.55 after the nutes were mixed, so I expect she will reward me with a surge of new growth in the coming days. :)

Even as short as she is now, she is ~23" from the LED. The manufacturer says the lamp should be 12-18" above the plant during flower, but that seems kind of close to me. If it's accurate, then Katya could safely grow another 5-11 inches under that lamp. :cheer: If she grows more than that, or if the mfr's guidelines aren't appropriate for cannabis, then I'll have to switch to CFLs. I tend to keep a close eye on my plants anyway, so I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

Hey Mack, looking really tight dude! For your first FLUX attempt I would say you re doing everything right... I had some similar concerns with height, just because I wasn't prepared for how tall my Cindy and Blueberry got while I was waiting for to flip them... similar space is limited problem... I'm getting side tracked... I'm 5 days or so from chopping but my LEDs... MARS 300w are about 3-4" away from them... They have been that close for weeks, and at first I was worried but then thought... let's see what happens... well they are still building bulk and getting a bit of a tan! They are pretty resilient...watch them but don't lose sleep over it! :Namaste::goodjob:

I took these a couple days ago...

IMG_499618.JPG
IMG_499515.JPG

You got LOTSA room! lol... Besides, I figure a plant although not intelligent, will eventually stop growing into its own demise... right? I'll help it a bit to save the final product so I have watched it closely, I have let the Blueberry sag at will, tied up Cindy, but kept her close... Still responding good as those buds are fatter than a light bulb and still bulking...

That fluxing is the bomb and I am definitely going to try it out next. Quick question for you... When you were using the pen... how long would you leave it on for?
Keep up the good work!

Those colas are amazing! Makes me drool to look at them. :)

I took these a couple days ago...
Quick question for you... When you were using the pen... how long would you leave it on for?

The pencil I left on for ~12 hours, IIRC. Then I went to the emery board for another 12, and the cardboard after that for about 24 hours. I found that forming a thick/soft gardening wire into a U shape and hanging it upside down over the cardboard gave it enough weight to keep it in place. After that, the tops were long enough to tie with gardening wire.

Those colas are amazing! Makes me drool to look at them. :)

The pencil I left on for ~12 hours, IIRC. Then I went to the emery board for another 12, and the cardboard after that for about 24 hours. I found that forming a thick/soft gardening wire into a U shape and hanging it upside down over the cardboard gave it enough weight to keep it in place. After that, the tops were long enough to tie with gardening wire.

Thanks! It's been awhile since mine started veg and i forget how fast they are growing at that age... I'm definitely going to follow that for my next grow. Keep it up! ...

Wow! I'm impressed your lamp can get that close! That gives me hope!

I would consider flipping them very soon if you have any sort of heigh restriction. You can always let the next one go taller once you see how much she is going to stretch. I know when Vex did his flux, his got much taller than he anticipated. Probably better safe than sorry if you have height restriction.

Yah, I definitely have some height restrictions. I'm a little scared! I think that's a good suggestion. I haven't given her a full day of darkness yet -- is that even necessary when flipping? I could simply set the timer to begin the 12 hour nights this evening. Since the tent is in my bedroom, it'll be nice to sleep in complete darkness again. :)

Hopefully you have a good carbon filter and everything in your room doesn't end up smelling like a pot factory... unless you work in one... then that would be ok... lol! I've had two grows and both times I gave them 24 hours the last time and 36 the first time... so I don't have a comparison, but I think the solid darkness gives them a hard reset... like 'ctrl' +'alt' +'delete'... my girls always start showing pistols right away... but again... I haven't not gone without the dark period route... maybe Van can add to this... he's a wealth of knowledge!!

I got a carbon filter when my first plant went into flower. The smell was so strong, the entire house smelled of that delicious aroma, but in case someone came to the door, I thought it best to limit the smell. LOL

I could certainly turn her lights off this evening and start them up again Thursday morning. I like the idea of a hard reset. My most recent plant (second ever) was an auto, so I didn't need to worry about changing the timer.

Yah, I definitely have some height restrictions. I'm a little scared! I think that's a good suggestion. I haven't given her a full day of darkness yet -- is that even necessary when flipping? I could simply set the timer to begin the 12 hour nights this evening. Since the tent is in my bedroom, it'll be nice to sleep in complete darkness again. :)

I did my last grow with no 24 hour period of darkness before going 12/12. I did the current grow with a 24 hour day of darkness. Seemed like things worked out about the same. I think I saw my first hair one day earlier (day 7 verse day 8) but when you factor in the 24 hour period it was the same. I really don't think it matters, I am sure there are others out there that will disagree.

Back
Top Bottom