Mandala Strains x 3!

p.s.

The 8 mile high are still eh eh...I have heat mat in route so we shall see what happens at that point in time. In the mean time. I may end up flowering everybody. They were all transplanted into larger containers and as soon as new growth develops, I will make my judgment.

For sure Irish. I have the outside temps up, but for some reason it didnt change the inside temp of the tent enough.

I know just where to get a heater.

Thanks brotha man!

:lot-o-toke:

One satori cloned live. So far 1. It had actual big ass roots coming from the rapid rooter. Nothing else has as of yet. 12/19 was cut date. Everything was screwed as far as temp, new area, shock...so this has truly been the worst case scenario for these ladies, yet we have survivors...

The 107W heat mat has provided excellent temp control in a room that's near 40-50F every day...
Very good product...lays nicely. In fact, may work too well, as SS noted somewhere, and the ladies may need to be lifted from the surface if in smaller containers. Time will tell. The last area was honed in over 3 years, which as most of you know isn't that long in terms of doing things, especially if you tinker anything like I do! I have ambient inside tent temps of 70-80 all the time, and plant surface temps max at around 74. From top to bottom. Soil temp rides 70 ish. Hard to balance with such insane ambient exterior temps (outside the tent).

There is nothing more fun that playing Dr. and Gardener!

Send me some love peeps-

(more genes on their way...photos to follow)

-Go

yep, I don't do so good on the patience thing either.

I just killed four clones by putting them under the big lights too soon.

They were rooted, just not rooted enough.

oh well, won't do that again.

hang in there Go!

SS, can you share with me your cloning method. I am doubting my abilities lately, but I am sure it is due to the poor environment.

I don't use rooting aids, maybe I should?

Thank you,

I always respect your input and knowledge.

-Go

I tried a few different cloning methods on this last grow, and the two that worked the best for me were Rapid Rooters in a tray with a dome, and a DIY bubble cloner I made with a small tote.

The bubble cloner produces clones with long roots, which are good for hempy buckets, and the Rapid Rooters produce numerous shorter roots that make these clones more suitable for planting in soil, and low-profile planters.

Rooting clones is like caring for a nursery full of babies, especially with the Rapid Rooters.

The bubble cloner is a *lot* more forgiving and requires a lot less vigilance, but for soil, I like the root system I get with the RR's.

I have some rooting gel, but I've never used it, so don't know if it would make a difference.

Before I make the 45-degree cut with a razor blade, I gently scrape the fibrous outer layer of the stem about 1/2" above and below where I'm going to make the cut, and that probably works better than using rooting gel.

Ah, I may have scraped too far up the stem, as well as removing too many branches, instead of just shortening the clone. Not sure. I would rather not use rooting stuff, but I agree with you, SS, I really like the RR's.

I made a bubbler but never used it...seemed too excess for me...I hate too many things going at once...

I planted some lowryders the other day...21 of them, they are coming up pretty good it seems!

Thanks bro. I appreciate it!

-Go

Ah, I may have scraped too far up the stem, as well as removing too many branches, instead of just shortening the clone. Not sure. I would rather not use rooting stuff, but I agree with you, SS, I really like the RR's.

I made a bubbler but never used it...seemed too excess for me...I hate too many things going at once...

I planted some lowryders the other day...21 of them, they are coming up pretty good it seems!

Thanks bro. I appreciate it!

-Go

i think you want to cut below the 3rd node at a angle, dip the clone, then scrap the stem to get more rooting or some split the stem. cut the fan leaves fingers and be done.
IMO its better to start them off small so you can build a good foundation
this is how ive seen it done many times

Irish, Thanks brotha! I believe I have noticed the smaller ladies tend to get a "grip" quicker and easier than the larger.

So the softer, younger the stem/branch, the better, correct? I can't believe I have done this so many times, with 100% success, and now it's all bunk!

We're getting there guys!! I will try to get some pics up This coming week!!!

Hang tight!

Shorter clones work better for me also.

I think it's because there's less distance for water and nutrients to travel up a short stem, but that's just a WAG.

I cut them so that when the stem is about 3/4 of the way into the RR, there's only at most 3" or so of green stuff above the RR.

Too short isn't good either. I agree with Irish about cutting at the 3rd node, but in order to have cuts the size you want, you need to grow your mom out long enough and time your cloning to when the shoots will be the right size when you cut them at the 3rd node. I like to start with 5-6" cuts and trim them down.

I believe the lower and stiffer branches generally root easier and faster than the new growth up on top, but they all root if you find a method that works for you.

Nice Change

I think it's because there's less distance for water and nutrients to travel up a short stem, but that's just a WAG.

I cut them so that when the stem is about 3/4 of the way into the RR, there's only at most 3" or so of green stuff above the RR.

I like to start with 5-6" cuts and trim them down.

I believe the lower and stiffer branches generally root easier and faster than the new growth up on top, but they all root if you find a method that works for you.

I agree with these statements and appreciate your input, SS.

The satori clone is loving her new 4" home and happy frog! The LR were transplanted into the same homes as they are sprouting rapidly.

Things are moving.

tangerine dream x 5 fem & 40 mandala safari mix showed up today.

:blunt:

Life's good.

-Go

Sorry guys, no pics yet.

Satori x 3 have lived and been transplanted and are healthy thus far. One was trans'd a few days ago and it doing excellent. The other two, were just today. So good news there. I may start tweaking the original satori donor and getting it ready for flowering since I have the three clones and they are SLOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.....

8 Miles high are still holding strong, with at least 6 possible survivors, and 1 for certain.

The single beyond the brain plant survived much misery, and is loving it's new home. Lst has began on it, and she is just LOVING IT. As soon as possible, clones will be taken from her, and she will regrow and who knows from there.

The veg box 2x4 is full! Things are good!!

Tons of genetics sitting around...

Nothin' but time now guys.

Stay tuned!!!!!

-Go

Hi go green

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info!

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom