Mars Hydro Grow Journal TS 3000: Now Growing Original Genetics White Widows, Purple Skunk Mass x Grape Krush Clones & CBD Autos

Then when you move start fresh.
I think you are correct, though I balk at the thought of putting them all - 9 plants in all though, to be fair, some will be males - into flower just yet. All I've been striving to do was to grow one or two mothers while reaching the heights of harvest with the rest. I really did want to produce a nice crop.

Mind you, I'm having to purchase weed from the dispensary right now and I hate paying so much for it. At least if I put them into flower I could then maybe have enough weed that I wouldnt have to purchase again before the next crop in Rocky is done. Maybe that's really a good plan. So these ones wont be anything to write home about. At least they will produce bud. And maybe enough bud to get me through to the next grow.

Yes. That would work for me.

All my best,
~Magnus

Then when you move start fresh.
Smokey,

I hope to be doing that in all areas of my life, not just a new fresh grow but a new fresh me.

In Alcoholics Anonymous they call it "doing a geographic" with the idea that "wherever you go, there you still are," and I know these to be valid but I just cannot help thinking that getting away from this trailer with so many bad memories will do me a world of good.

Something has got to change...

A fresh start is always a good thing. Take some clones so you can get a mother going in Rocky.
I was thinking about that. I will wait until they are in flower for about 3 weeks before taking clones. I dont know if I'm using the right term, but I've always called these types of clones as "monster clones" because of their particular way of growing.

I'll do monster clones of all three types of plants I have: Bubba Kush, Purple Skunk Mass x Grape Krush and the Grape Krush.

They'll be pretty fucking small clones at first...

Didnt you say (or was it someone else) that you rooted your clones in perlite and water? If that was you, could you direct me somewhere I might find instructions on how to do this? It would be so much easier to tell which clippings are actually producing roots like this rather than in soil...

Only if you are inclined. I'm sure I can figure it out. I just dont know if I should be leaving water in the bottom of the cup of perlite or what to do.

All my best,
~Magnus

Great news!

My pH meter just arrived. No more guessing on the pH of my rainwater.

And...my digital microscope cane today, too. I'm thrilled. I've wanted one for so damned long and I finally own one. I havent checked it out with the plants yet, but let me tell you, it's not a wise idea to check the health of your fingernails under one of these. Man, do I ever feel dirty now! Doesnt matter how clean your fingernails seem to be then this microscope shows you the truth of the matter.

Cant wait to use it on trichomes!

All my best,
~Magnus

I have a digital microscope too. You can really see the trichomes with it. I rigged mine to mount to an old camera tripod. Keeps it nice and steady.

I have a digital microscope too. You can really see the trichomes with it. I rigged mine to mount to an old camera tripod. Keeps it nice and steady.
What a great idea. Thanks so much!

~Magnus

No problem my friend. I’ve learned a lot from this site. Just trying to give back whenever I can.

After reading the latest posts here I've ordered a digital microscope. I'm not sure why I need this. But I'm not sure about a lot of things.
Hi Simon,

New to growing, maybe? No problem there. We all began at some point.

A digital microscope is used at the end of your grow, to inspect the trichomes your loverly plants have sprouted.

It is, quite easily, the easiest way to view your trichomes. Besides, with most you can take images of what you are looking at for either future reference or, more likely, to post up here on 420magazine to ask for help in deciding if your favourite offspring should now get the chop.

That's a great way to use them.

All my best,
~Magnus

Last year was my first grow and I never did get a "handle" on trichomes. Perhaps you could comment on this photo, which shows the unexpected early bud development on my Jack Herrer clones. I assume it shows trichomes because a smoke test of these premature buds tells me there is definitely something good going on here.

jack bud.JPG

You need a close up look at the trichomes. You can’t tell from your photo. Check out the links below. Hopefully they will help you get a better handle on your trichomes.

Last year was my first grow and I never did get a "handle" on trichomes. Perhaps you could comment on this photo, which shows the unexpected early bud development on my Jack Herrer clones. I assume it shows trichomes because a smoke test of these premature buds tells me there is definitely something good going on here.

jack bud.JPG
I can see trichomes, but not well enough to know if they are immature, mature or overripe.

Well, things have been a bit confusing in my grow room these past couple days.

First of all I put them into flower because I realized if I didnt I'd have 4 foot high plants, in flower, to move without a covered truck.

By putting them into flower I dobt harvest near as much weed, but I ensure that any plants that may have to be moved are small enough to fit in my vehicle.

So three days ago i put them into flower.

Then today i realized I'd forgotten to defoliate them. So I defoliate them. Then i remembered that they should remain in Veg mode for at least one week after defoliation.

So i flipped them back into veg. And now i will wait a week before flipping them back into flower.

But sorry, folks. No pics tonight. I'm just way too tired.

All my best,
~Magnus

Sounds like you need to sit down, have a bowl and relaxxxxxxx. :bong:

Sounds like you need to sit down, have a bowl and relaxxxxxxx. :bong:
That I did - and then promptly fell asleep watching the second episode of Warrior Nun.

Don't ask if you don't know already.

Can anyone answer me a question about pH, please?

I tried out my new pH meter today. The rainwater before nutes read iut at 6.31. But after adding the nutes it read 4.32.

I know the nutes change your pH...but so much?

Still, I added enough pH Up to bring it to 6.0 and used that.

But is this a normal change?

Wow.

All my best,
~Magnus

Have you seen the discussion about whether you need to adjust pH? I have a pH pen that is just gathering dust since I read that discussion. My plants are fine.

Have you seen the discussion about whether you need to adjust pH? I have a pH pen that is just gathering dust since I read that discussion. My plants are fine.

That's if you are using a buffered medium. You still want your water/nutes to be somewhat close. I believe 5.5 - 7 is acceptable in a buffered medium. I don't ph mine either but I do know it's around 7 after mixing nutes.

If I remember correctly you are using a questionable medium? 4.3 pH is to low it's will be hard for a medium too buffer it that much. When in dought about pH readings double check the calibration just because it's new didn't mean it's working correctly. If you can't trust your meter it's useless. If your pH is truely 4.3 I would raise it.

Going from veg to flower and back to veg is just going to confuse them and most likely slow them down. As for defoliation you could of waited till after they stretch if you want to do it. I am very selective on defoliation. Your plant needs those leafs to store nutes and for photosynthesis taking to many leaves of will stress a plant. Yours are small enough that I wouldn't worry about defoliation. It's one of those topics where everyone Will have a different sender.

You are running out of time I would put them in flower and leave them there.

Back
Top Bottom