Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

I have a question about the Reflector LED Grow Light 192x3w. I am really trying to get a grasp on how these LED lights operate. So this light is 576 watts of light total? Or is it split between veg & Flower? If it is split what is the spit? This stuff is making my head spin. LOL!

I have a question about the Reflector LED Grow Light 192x3w. I am really trying to get a grasp on how these LED lights operate. So this light is 576 watts of light total? Or is it split between veg & Flower? If it is split what is the spit? This stuff is making my head spin. LOL!

I'm pretty sure the Veg switch runs about 2/3 of the total amount of lights, and the bloom about 1/3 or so. The power draw will be split based on the type of LEDs and the number of them running. The bloom switch probably draws less per LED because ( in a standard spectrum ) they are mostly red LEDs and I'm pretty sure the reds run at a lower voltage and might draw less, but I don't know for sure. Icemud did a read out of the draws on his Reflector in his journal. I'd check that out.

You can watch the video I made with the unboxing of my 144x3w and it will show the difference with a kill a watt meter. I know it is not the exact same model, but it may help you to see how the switches work together with the wattage and amp draw.

Skip to around 4:20 in the video and that is where I show the differences in the switches and the draws.

[video=youtube_share;1cuIseubBD8]
[/video]

Does anyone have the timers from TopLED?

I do, and I can't get it to work.

All I want is to have it turned on at 5:45 AM and turn off at 5 PM, seven days per week. This should only need one program, right?

And I don't understand what Auto On would do as compared to Auto Off. I need it to automatically turn on and automatically turn off.

LOL I guess this timer is a bit above my pay grade. Actually, it looks like a great timer, But the instructions are not super clear.

Hi Output, I will talk with you later after I arrange all shipment, hope I have enough time. will have weekend meeting:)
Does anyone have the timers from TopLED?

I do, and I can't get it to work.

All I want is to have it turned on at 5:45 AM and turn off at 5 PM, seven days per week. This should only need one program, right?

And I don't understand what Auto On would do as compared to Auto Off. I need it to automatically turn on and automatically turn off.

LOL I guess this timer is a bit above my pay grade. Actually, it looks like a great timer, But the instructions are not super clear.

Hi all, first time posting so please forgive the intrusion. I just wanted to say thanks to Sarah for such an awesome light. I purchased 2 of the mars II 900'S and am completely happy with the results for flowering. I will be purchasing a couple of the 1200's in the near future.. I've had plants between 1000w hps and the 900 mars II both lights same distance from plants, and the plants have grown more toward the mars than the hps. Temp control is much easier. When I get the 1200s I am going to do 1 room 2 1000w hps and 1 room with the 1200's..not sure about posting a grow journal due to paranoia, hestitant even about this post..

I'm getting close to finishing a round with the Mars II 700 standard spectrum and my girls are loving it.

under_LED_12_21_13.JPG

You can watch the video I made with the unboxing of my 144x3w and it will show the difference with a kill a watt meter. I know it is not the exact same model, but it may help you to see how the switches work together with the wattage and amp draw.

Skip to around 4:20 in the video and that is where I show the differences in the switches and the draws.

[video=youtube_share;1cuIseubBD8]
[/video]

Thanks a lot Icemud! The video really helped me understand better.

thanks icemud for your video,i just sub'd your utube channel
that guy who posted about overheating scares me
i am thinking of getting into the led club but then i see a post like that and it makes me hold back,i just have a very small set up
and wont need those huge lights i wonder if he meant only the larger ones have trouble or if its all sizes
anyway i will be watching and ty again for the great info keep up the good work
take care and good luck

thanks icemud for your video,i just sub'd your utube channel
that guy who posted about overheating scares me
i am thinking of getting into the led club but then i see a post like that and it makes me hold back,i just have a very small set up
and wont need those huge lights i wonder if he meant only the larger ones have trouble or if its all sizes
anyway i will be watching and ty again for the great info keep up the good work
take care and good luck
LED is the way man!!! I love my TopLed 98x3w and my girls do too :circle-of-love:

Man it's been 5 buisiness days and the tracking number is still not working 8(.anyone have this problem before? I always get a working tracking # for everything I order within 3 days and it's been 5. I thought this stuff was warehoused in California lol

Thanks for posting that pic Governmentchecks.awesome to see what it can do!

keep in mind that right now is the heaviest traffic time of all delivery services
also weather sometimes slows things hope all goes well]
take care and good luck

I can't hardly wait to see B.I.D. rocking one of those LED lights. I think we'll see a bunch of new growers going all in LED by the time BID's done showing what they can do
20th June 2013

Maybe the most prophetic statement made on any of these forums, well done Nostradamus! Lol Peace

Back
Top Bottom