Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

By the way, can anyone advice me which 4x4 tent has enough load bearing strength to handle the weight of the 1200 mars2 together with fan+filter at the roof? The "plug and grow" tent on ebay is very reasonably priced, but I'm not sure if it's strong enough for the job.

Peace!

Most tents have plastic hooks that hold the bars you hang stuff from. I didn't trust them so I got some metal grow tent hooks on fleabay for pretty cheap. Under 20, I believe and they work great!

I heard Gorilla Tent is a good heavyweight design. But mine is a crappy Virtual Sun Grow Tent. Light leaks everywhere. I did a review on this tent and they removed it because it was a negative review. So stay away from that brand.

WJ

By the way, can anyone advice me which 4x4 tent has enough load bearing strength to handle the weight of the 1200 mars2 together with fan+filter at the roof? The "plug and grow" tent on ebay is very reasonably priced, but I'm not sure if it's strong enough for the job.

Peace!

Peace!

I have a POS tent that holds 2 1200's and the filter. Get some 36" zip ties (heating and cooling at a big box hardware store) and use them on the cross bars. It makes them able to support the weight. ;)

Day 7 of 12/12 under 2 mars II 1200's...
IMG_62912.JPG
IMG_62923.JPG
IMG_62932.JPG

:peacetwo::bigtoke::peacetwo:

Hi Sara,

I'm at the planning stage right now, but I would like to know What sort of heat buildup that I can expect in a 1.2m x1.2m x2m grow tent from a 1200w mars2.

I am worried about heat because I live in a hot climate (average room temperature is 30°C). I plan to AC the room where the tent is going to be at 25°C.

The tent is likely to have air scrubbed through 4" centrifugal fan and carbon filter - will this be able to pull out heat from the mars 2?

Thanks and regards.

Since I don't know about tents and that part seems handled...

If you can keep the room at 25C, that fan should have no problem keeping the tent at 30C. A 4" fan should be plenty to exchange that volume (~96 cuft) very quickly. Just do the math: 96/CFM of your fan. That's how many minutes it will take to replace the air in the tent. I don't have that exact light, but I have a couple LEDs to base my opinion on. If the room itself has a thermostat, you will just figure out how much rise the light is adding in the tent. Then, set the thermostat accordingly. If you want your tent at 30C, and you know the tent is always 6C higher than the room, set the room's thermostat to 24C. If that's room's AC is part of a whole house system... you're probably still fine, but it could be more difficult to dial in your temps perfectly without making the rest of the house too cold. :winkyface:

Sounds like you'll be setup well. Good luck!

I keep getting this error screen. Did that French guy do something? Has anyone else gotten this message with Chrome?

The Website Ahead Contains Malware!
Google Chrome has blocked access to 420 MAGAZINE ® for now.
Even if you have visited this website safely in the past, visiting it now is very likely to infect your computer with malware.
Malware is malicious software that causes things like identity theft, financial loss, and permanent file deletion.

WJ

I keep getting this error screen. Did that French guy do something? Has anyone else gotten this message with Chrome?

Even if you have visited this website safely in the past, visiting it now is very likely to infect your computer with malware.
Malware is malicious software that causes things like identity theft, financial loss, and permanent file deletion.

WJ
Getting the same message with Mozilla Firefox and now my system won't boot up.
Mmmmmh?

WJ

that was my first thought exactly, Wild!

Peace!

lighthouse hydro tent that i have got myself online for a very reasonable price is metal frame and metal connectors. double stitched heavy duty sides 360 view a 100g flood mat and a window. it holds my 1600 and 600w mh perfectly fine with not much bow, once i put it up permanently i will be adding a extra bar through the center to take that bow out as i dont like any bow at all myself.

I&i

WJ

IM getting same thing.

From firefox.
I posted a post about it in the Off Topic threads.
I think ill go report my post so the admins get to see it quicker

Hi, sanchitty. can u give me your order number first? then i can help to check it.:love::high-five:
I ordered A 100x3w old style led light on July 25 haven't received light yet nor i have i received tracking #

I have a POS tent that holds 2 1200's and the filter. Get some 36" zip ties (heating and cooling at a big box hardware store) and use them on the cross bars. It makes them able to support the weight. ;)

Thanks for that :thumb:. Gorillas are a bit out of my budget, and they don't seem to reply to my emails. I guess a POS tent will do for me!

Hi, SweetLeef. thanks for your help.:love: have a nice weekend.:circle-of-love:
Most tents have plastic hooks that hold the bars you hang stuff from. I didn't trust them so I got some metal grow tent hooks on fleabay for pretty cheap. Under 20, I believe and they work great!

Hi, Curso. every time, when u share your pictures to us, u always give me a pleasantly surprised. u did a very great job.:thumb::thumb: have a nice weekend. :high-five:
Day 7 of 12/12 under 2 mars II 1200's...
IMG_62912.JPG
IMG_62923.JPG
IMG_62932.JPG

:peacetwo::bigtoke::peacetwo:

Hi, Hiker. Thanks for your help. :circle-of-love:
Since I don't know about tents and that part seems handled...

If you can keep the room at 25C, that fan should have no problem keeping the tent at 30C. A 4" fan should be plenty to exchange that volume (~96 cuft) very quickly. Just do the math: 96/CFM of your fan. That's how many minutes it will take to replace the air in the tent. I don't have that exact light, but I have a couple LEDs to base my opinion on. If the room itself has a thermostat, you will just figure out how much rise the light is adding in the tent. Then, set the thermostat accordingly. If you want your tent at 30C, and you know the tent is always 6C higher than the room, set the room's thermostat to 24C. If that's room's AC is part of a whole house system... you're probably still fine, but it could be more difficult to dial in your temps perfectly without making the rest of the house too cold. :winkyface:

Sounds like you'll be setup well. Good luck!

Check out the SOLAHUT Extreme, I just ordered one. It has 1'' frame that will support 250 lbs, they also use the 1680d covering . Canadian company.
Thanks for that :thumb:. Gorillas are a bit out of my budget, and they don't seem to reply to my emails. I guess a POS tent will do for me!

Hi, wildjim. is there have problems on 420 magazine website or on our home website?

WJ

Back
Top Bottom