Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

I'm just a guy who has been reading this thread since it was started - never bought a TopLED light - just a reader.

I recently read about Brock's problem and his somewhat impolite complaints and it made me want to point out something to the other readers of this thread. Brock said something about everyone being afraid to post anything bad on Sara's thread, and I realized that not only is that absurdly untrue, it also rarely happens anyway.

I mean, seriously, the idea that people might be afraid to post about their bad experiences with a product? LMAO! ... really? Nu uh, people would have no problem at all telling everyone how awful the lights are. No problem at all.

But in all the months I've been keeping up with this thread, I've only seen a few complaints, legitimate or even otherwise.

As Dennise says "and I'm a real person"! That's rather remarkable, and we can congratulate the company for the quality of its products, and Sara for taking her job seriously.

:bravo::goodjob:

thanks for your help Gary:) :circle-of-love:
I'm just a guy who has been reading this thread since it was started - never bought a TopLED light - just a reader.

I recently read about Brock's problem and his somewhat impolite complaints and it made me want to point out something to the other readers of this thread. Brock said something about everyone being afraid to post anything bad on Sara's thread, and I realized that not only is that absurdly untrue, it also rarely happens anyway.

I mean, seriously, the idea that people might be afraid to post about their bad experiences with a product? LMAO! ... really? Nu uh, people would have no problem at all telling everyone how awful the lights are. No problem at all.

But in all the months I've been keeping up with this thread, I've only seen a few complaints, legitimate or even otherwise.

As Dennise says "and I'm a real person"! That's rather remarkable, and we can congratulate the company for the quality of its products, and Sara for taking her job seriously.

:bravo::goodjob:

I feel you and understand that led lights can work. The only reason I got it was it's a small autoflower tent that height is an issue(only 5' high). The 100x 3w obviously needs to be higher than I can have it. It's a crazy powerful light that's why I want to swap it out for a 48x3w instead for this grow room. I just love to see when you privately ask the rep of the light manufacturer to swap it out for a less expensive light, she puts it's all over this page where no one dares say anything bad about her leds then tells me she not gonna swap it cause you guys said it's a nutrient issue. God forbid her light actually had an issue and I needed to replace it. She would probably ask her sponsors on a page she sells lights on what to do!! At least I saw how her customer service is about. Sara has lost me as a customer. I'll stick to 6ozs per plant not stunted led grows. At least I had room in my hps tent to save my plant before I had to throw it out. HPS FOR LIFE!!!!!

Why so Angry! To be honest, it's mostly common sense. The recommended height is between 1f and 2ft (or there abouts). That leaves you a around 3ft for the space above and below your light for your 5ft tent; meaning your plants can't really be any taller than 3ft. I would say you should have thought it through a bit more. IMHO

And I actually had an issue a few months back which i posted in this forum. Sara went out of her way to sort it out.

Sara, I continue to love my lights ;)

IMG_102920.JPG

And I am a real person. I have a name and hair on my chest and everything!

Happy smoking everyone ;)

I feel you and understand that led lights can work. The only reason I got it was it's a small autoflower tent that height is an issue(only 5' high). The 100x 3w obviously needs to be higher than I can have it. It's a crazy powerful light that's why I want to swap it out for a 48x3w instead for this grow room. I just love to see when you privately ask the rep of the light manufacturer to swap it out for a less expensive light, she puts it's all over this page where no one dares say anything bad about her leds then tells me she not gonna swap it cause you guys said it's a nutrient issue. God forbid her light actually had an issue and I needed to replace it. She would probably ask her sponsors on a page she sells lights on what to do!! At least I saw how her customer service is about. Sara has lost me as a customer. I'll stick to 6ozs per plant not stunted led grows. At least I had room in my hps tent to save my plant before I had to throw it out. HPS FOR LIFE!!!!!

No need to be angry or upset brother. It's not that nobody WANTS to say negative things, it's that they have nothing negative to say.

I have the exact same light as you do, and if you want the raw, no bullshit facts from someone using it, here they are:

My previous grows were with CFLs, and were decent grows, with my last being the most successful.
This light is intense. It's extremely powerful, and very efficient. I used it too close to a seedling and I damaged my plant. Being a new LED grower, I am still learning the ropes of light height, and nutrients.

My plant right now is in rough shape, showing multiple deficiencies, some fairly advanced. And indirectly, the light caused it. But why did it cause it? Because the light is powerful. It has been designed and engineered to be that way, and has been designed to save power, and produce results similar to HID systems of higher power consumption.

The lights will not directly damage a mature plant when used properly. However, due to the intensity, the plant has MORE light available to use. This means it will intake MORE water, and it will need MORE nutrients. (I'm giving my plant nutrient doses at levels I wouldn't have used until she was double this age, and I'm still way behind lol)

The customer service at TopLED is more than anyone could ask for. I actually think this is the first real complaint I've seen about it.

The opinions of your deficiencies came from people with years of growing experience, some individuals have DECADES of experience, so these are not biased opinions, but experienced ones. Some opinions came from people not even currently growing with her lights.

Honestly from me to you, as a friend, I'd like to suggest that you start a help topic here: Frequently Asked Questions

You already have an account here, so the hard part of signing up is done. Let us help you get your plants going strong. We're all in this together, working together to legalize Cannabis for everyone, there's no reason for you not to join our family here so we can help you get things back on track!

I'm not angry at all. I could care less about the light or what any of you guys say. I'm annoyed at the fact Sara has avoided me for a week. I keep emailing her then she puts my plants on a website to ask people what they think is wrong without posting what the circumstances behind it are. Then after 2 weeks of finally getting a real answer she says no I won't because of what people on here said. If she told me no from the get go I would've total understood. Instead brings my business on here without the back story to validate her saying no she won't swap it for a less expensive light. Idk how companies do business in China but in America we value business. If someone was dissatisfied with my product and didn't ask for the money back but was willing to try another product that is less expensive I would jump on that opportunity to make that customer happy. The sad thing is if this worked I would've bought 3 900w Mars lights for my real flower tent. But apparently I don't know how to grow. I'll stick to my grow shops where if I have an issue they fix it. Peace

Well I don't know the circumstances of what the delays were, but I know she has on several occasions taken information about a question from a grower here, and gone to discuss it with the engineers over there to find an answer. This could have been the case here? I don't know, but I'm sure Sara would still be happy to help man.

And I know how you feel man.. I've been in that boat waiting for a reply, and yeah it sucks, but there can sometimes be circumstances that cause it, and can be excusable at times.

The offer still stands brother.. you have the light in your hands. Why not make a topic so we can help you fix things up?

I'm not angry at all. I could care less about the light or what any of you guys say. I'm annoyed at the fact Sara has avoided me for a week. I keep emailing her then she puts my plants on a website to ask people what they think is wrong without posting what the circumstances behind it are. Then after 2 weeks of finally getting a real answer she says no I won't because of what people on here said. If she told me no from the get go I would've total understood. Instead brings my business on here without the back story to validate her saying no she won't swap it for a less expensive light. Idk how companies do business in China but in America we value business. If someone was dissatisfied with my product and didn't ask for the money back but was willing to try another product that is less expensive I would jump on that opportunity to make that customer happy. The sad thing is if this worked I would've bought 3 900w Mars lights for my real flower tent. But apparently I don't know how to grow. I'll stick to my grow shops where if I have an issue they fix it. Peace

i hope all the best for your plants and in the end you'll sorted this out. try another tek with the new LEDs , maybe will work out next time. gl

Hello brock, i can tell you have made up your mind and that is great. Not all growers are the same and we cant make everything work like the other. (i fear hydro like americans fearing ebola).. other growers will swear to me that they get much denser nugs and happier plants. i would argue differently.

So to the part of your comment that made me deside to respond as many others here..

about 1-2 months ago we had a 420mag member under the name 'Curso' come into this thread. he had a extremely terrible issue with his light and brought the issue to light on this thread. the only defense that members gave top led grow light, is this issue has only happened with one of their lights from the many growers just on this website growing with them. 420mag also showed their support when this one issue came to light letting anyone reading know this is not a common issue. Sara had the best customer service sending him a brand new free light.

about a 2 weeks to a month ago, we had a 420mag member new to the site come into this thread and complain about shipping fees to their country, they were not understanding each other and he was upset he was having to pay 100+ extra just for shipping, and if he wanted to get two lights, they were tacking that same shipping fee onto that light instead of combining the shipping into one fee. this issue was brought to light here and sara solved it and made that member happy.

i can recall at least 2 more incidents that customers have had with topled and have brought that issue to light on this thread. even if its being as small as not getting free yo-yo with their purchase as promised.

so all i can tell you, is if you actually want to make this work. Sara will get you taken care of, just understand there is a language barrier and they are not allowed as much freedom where she comes from. she cant even watch youtube for jah sake.

I&i

hello ppl, i have a Q:
can i start to use straight away the mars II 900w after i put my seeds( auto strain) in pots , or should to start with CFLs and after LEDs.?

i dont know a thing about auto strains so take what i have with a grain of salt.

but i wouldnt put a normal strain seed under the mars 900w till the plant was around 1-2 feet tall. if you have CFL's i would use them, if you have T5's i would recommend those over CFL's. im new to led's though. i put a small fresh clone in my 12/12 tent with a 1600w to see if it was male or female as i was taught under hps. it got burnt quick under the led.

could be a few reasons, ill figure it out eventually..

not a good enough established root ball
to small of plant
to close to the led
to far from the led

meh ill get it tuned up

I&i

Day 26 since flip to 12/12.

:morenutes:

20141027_225204_-_no_EXIF.jpg

:yummy:

You can definitely grow dank with your Mars II LED's! :thumb: :high-five:

I'll have a new journal once all that empty space to the right has plants in it. :Namaste:

I understand the language barrier. I was just taken back that our private conversation was taken to this thread without my knowledge then told I messed my plants up because someone said it's a cal mag deficiency. She posted 1 picture with the rest of the email left out explaining the situation. All I wanted was the cheaper 48x3w reflector instead and I'll pay the shipping. The money is not the issue. Now I joined this site, which I don't like doing, to explain my side. In the end there is a reason for everything. If I ain't broke don't fix it!!! Good luck to all the led growers but HPS has never let me down and I'll put my weight and quality up against the best of them out there!

To brock

Keep hanging out here and reading, don't just disappear! Every once in a while, like gf said, something will come up about topled and Sara will help the best she can. Their website says that they depend on feedback from growers to help improve their products, that's why she often posts other people's concern here in this thread.

And as a bonus, she will pay on here sometimes about a freebie she has to give away. I was lucky enough to snatch a free timer about a month ago.

This place is unlike any other. Everyone is here to help, I certainly took advantage of other advice because I started my grow about a month ago.

Again, don't disappear, this is a great place to learn. Without this place I would continue to be just "another patient" following redundant, ridiculous advice from doctors. :winkyface:

hello ppl, i have a Q:
can i start to use straight away the mars II 900w after i put my seeds( auto strain) in pots , or should to start with CFLs and after LEDs.?

I would definately start out seedlings and smaller plants under some T5's or CFL's for a few weeks because the LED will be way too strong for them. I usually start mine under a 200 watt equivalent CFL for a 24 hours light on schedule, then move them to the LED once they are a few weeks old or longer. Once you put them under the LED light watch them really closely to see if they show any signs of stress, and have the LED light up high at first until they get used to it, then you can lower it once you see them starting to grow under the LED light. They will look like they are trying to reach for the light, then you will know they are responding well to the LED. Thats pretty much the way I do it. Hope that helps.

I have one of these that I got at Home Depot for $8 and I hang it over my seedlings with the CFL bulb to start out with.

646987_front500.jpg

@GFcollective
Cheers for info. I would like to know more pls...any1?

I put mine under my Mars II 900 when they , Fast and Vast autos, were 2 weeks old. They were under a Mars II 700 before that. One was harvested last week a little over 3 ozs only because I dried extremely dry for RSO. Plant 2 is over 3 feet tall and wide. She is 67 days old. Probably harvest later in Nov.

I do hempy, 100% perlite. 21/3 light schedule. Fast and Vast Auto by Heavyweight Seeds are monsters with lots of light and nutes.

Good Luck with your Mars II 900. Your results/experiences might be different! :goodluck:

WJ

hello ppl, i have a Q:

You can use the LED, just move them further away until the seedlings get a little stronger. CFLs will work too, but you don't have to go buy more gear if you already have an LED.

Back
Top Bottom