Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

CoNerd,

thanks for your great feedback, I have forwarded this message to our factory this afternoon, they promised they will change ASAP, after we make a new tent, we would like to send you one FREE to express our grateful. thank you very much .

Sara,

Thank you very much. That is a very generous and kind offer. I don't mind helping people and companies who work so hard to improve their products and keep their customers happy. I'll PM you in a day or two with contact info.

Please wait as least a week for others who have more experience to comment and provide a sanity check on my advice about the vents before you make major design changes to your tents. I gave it a bit more thought and thought I should mention the 4 inch flex aluminum ducts we can purchase locally are actually 11cm outside diameter, the 6 inch ducts are 16.5cm OD. Make sure a cup with a 11.5cm diameter lip can pass through the sleeves if you don't want customers complaining that your "4 inch" ports are undersized.

I also assume a lot of people who want to convert to or add LED lighting probably already have 6 inch ducting and fans, etc, so making vents large enough for existing equipment may be in your best interest. I think if you need side vents in small tents at all, they need to be placed more out of the way, instead of positioned to cool a hot light. I think venting exhaust out the top is usually the most practical. Vents and ducts on the side just waste floor space unless they are in an aisle, above head level. I'd rather have 2 vents up top, in the corners. Hopefully a few more people will chime in about whether they think it's a good idea to downsize, move or omit the "HPS lamp vents" in your new tents.

Here's my grow tent with the door open. I built a base from scrap plywood on casters so I can easily move it around and get it out of the way while I don't need access to it.
IMAG023922.jpg

Here's a pic of the door hanger and the corner reinforcements I like. The door hook originally came with a spring closure, but I cut it off so I could get it back off the D ring without a lot of difficulty. You should be able to hang and release the door hooks with one hand. They don't need to stay attached through a typhoon.
IMAG023820.jpg

Here's how I attached the SCROG support - Pink nylon cable ties. - It can be adjusted up and down the pole and holds pretty well. No need to engineer fancy clamps, just drill a hole in the ends of your existing cross supports. The black stripe is some electrical tape I put around the vertical pole joint to keep out moisture and prevent separation.
IMAG023320.jpg

Here's what my vent flap looks like after my modification. I cut the threads holding the flap to the tent. Then I moved the velcro on the flap bottom to the outside top edge and attached velcro to the top edge of the vent on the inside to act as the hinge. I put all the seams of the vent back together and glued a piece of wood along the bottom edge to stiffen the flap and hold it straight. Note the flecks of LED light making it all the way to the bottom through the thick canopy:)
IMAG023620.jpg

A view from the back of the tent while the exhaust fan is running. It opens and closes about 3cm at the bottom. I have my fan turned down as far as possible (drawing 10 watts). My cheap 4 inch fan draws about 80 watts at full power and pushes far too much air for my small tent.
IMAG024022.jpg

Here's what I would probably grow in a new tent; I started both clones and fem seeds from the Rocklock strain, and have rescue clones of BlueDream and Hindu Kush.
IMAG023014.jpg

:Namaste:

Can someone please explain the "and I am real person" meme in this thread for a newbie?
Your not cool enough to know......... Just kidding. Someone else could probably explain it better. It would require me to think too much and then have to type it out, and I'm not very motivated at the moment :loopy:

It's that little whipper snipper Dennise, she claims to be a real person but I thick she's just a tiny rain forest pixie. Wait till you see a pic of her tub! I can just picture her flitting around under that sweet looking canopy grooming her flowers. She may even use some of that fey dust on her plants. Dan

Can someone please explain the "and I am real person" meme in this thread for a newbie?

it was before my time here haha, im sure someone will answer. im thinking this is a inside joke that goes back a good while.. specially since they have a set limit of posts before you can message people, i feel they had a problem with bots back in the day so possibly there was another dennise that was a bot? and jeopardized the real human dennise? thats my thought about it ha, never asked though. interested to see what the real human dennise says ;)

I&i

Hi KingJames, I would like to use this name as our new product name after thinking, this name is easy to remember and I think that means this light can leads people to find the right thing, right? haha , I am not sure that is ok ,haha.

Hi Sara,

When I see "Chrome", I think of 2 things: shiny silver metal (Chrome plating - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) and Google's web browser. Given the large shiny reflector on the new light, that might appropriate. I'm not sure where you got your understanding of it's meaning though.

Your brand is "Mars Hydro", right?
How about the Mars Hydro Juno (from Roman mythology, Mars' mother).

I think my favorite is:

Mars Hydro Flora

From Wikipedia
Although Ares was the son of Zeus and Hera,[6] Mars was the son of Juno alone. Jupiter had usurped the mother's function when he gave birth to Minerva directly from his forehead (or mind); to restore the balance, Juno sought the advice of the goddess Flora on how to do the same. Flora obtained a magic flower (Latin flos, plural flores, a masculine word) and tested it on a heifer who became fecund at once. She then plucked a flower ritually using her thumb, touched Juno's belly, and impregnated her. Juno withdrew to Thrace and the shore of Marmara for the birth.

Seems appropriate that she obtained a "magic flower" and gave birth to Mars. :winkyface:

Maybe it's because I have used General Hydroponics Flora line of nutrients since the 90's, but the word Flora makes me think of growing. :biglaugh:

Flora... Flower... we grow flowers...

What do you think?

Yay! You like my name.

Unfortunately, there's already a chromeled.com which makes COB high intensity LED's, etc. MH, please take care before you start using any common english nouns in your product names. Bing it first :)

Each and every idea for a good name seems to be in use, especially for LED products. Picking a name that doesn't make someone upset is difficult. That's why companies now have to invent new words, like zune or ipad, or simply use letter-number codes like S4 or M300 for their products.

These days, safe options for commercial names are either really boring or completely crazy.:peace:

yes, I agree, thank you very much . we will pick up a great name and no company used before:))) we will check it before we use .
Each and every idea for a good name seems to be in use, especially for LED products. Picking a name that doesn't make someone upset is difficult. That's why companies now have to invent new words, like zune or ipad, or simply use letter-number codes like S4 or M300 for their products.

These days, safe options for commercial names are either really boring or completely crazy.:peace:

Hi SD, thanks for your order, yes, We will arrange shipment for you your Friday, so you can get the tracking number very fast, Lucy will email you .
Sara,

I was finally able to get my payment to process. Thanks to both you and Lucy for your assistance.

Woo Hoo...two 900's on the way....

Will I receive shipping info at some point?

I took more picture today, and touch the light today, look it , very very bright. high quality for sure. I am very excited about the new product. truly improved. I do not work in our factory this year, I am in the city:) so factory just ship one to me , haha .

QQ_20141114152454.jpg
QQ_20141114152449.jpg
QQ_20141114152444.jpg
QQ_20141114152436.jpg

thats why I am here everyday :circle-of-love:
Hell I don't have much to add, but one of the reasons that I like this forum is the interactions and attempt to try to be helpful from everyone. Keep it up. Even the smallest idea or suggestion is helpful to a lot of us.

some others questions? I will put it into description for sure.
What are the measurements? How much wieght can it support? Does it come with a pan the bottom?

you can check Co finest youtube, I shipped one to him. I see led grow light everyday, but I am excited about this light, really a great product. intensive.8 small fan at two sides, haha . there has mars hydro logo on the light face,. haha . :circle-of-love:
That new light looks so amazing! I cant wait to see how it looks on Youtube grows! :popcorn:

it will depend on when the next shipment arrive. our product is tooo limited now, so we can not do Blackfriday discount. we do not have products to ship out.
what will your black friday discount be?

Back
Top Bottom