Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Hello Sara and thanks for your time :). I am really new at growing indoor with led so I could really use your help. I want to grow a few plants on a 1 meter x 1 meter x 1.6 aprox and hopefully get a lot of grams when I harvest. My final decision today was buying the Mars II 700w from aliexpress (Aliexpress.com : Buy 2014 LED Grow Light 700W New Full Spectrum 11 Band 5W Chip Hydroponic Grow Light 700W Free Hanging Kit For Indoor Grow,Home Grow from Reliable tent led light suppliers on MarsHydro LED Grow Light Co., LTD | Alibaba Group) for 373 usd and it was going to be sent to new zealand (there is a friend of mine there that will take it to chile) :) seems to be the best price for me. Would appreciate your opinion, please tell me what you think.

Thanks a lot for everythin!
Saw the inbox message you sent, thanks!

:circle-of-love: Hi Kriaze, I am not a professional photographer, from the picture, they are green and I can not tell you why are green. From my side, we don't have green leds on our light. If we take small proability events into consideration, it must be a coincidence that you have all of your lights with green leds. :circle-of-love: It's so strange they are green with naked eyes. Could you take a photo of them when the light is off? :Namaste:
Hello Sara, these LED's are definitely green for sure. There can be no mistake with the camera either, I'm a professional photographer and I haven't used any straight out of camera jpegs, I use RAW then post process in Lightroom/Photoshop using the white balance tool on my grey card just as most Photographer's that have to work to a standardised colour scheme would. Here's an example:

Before:
DSC1868.JPG

After:
DSC1868rs.jpg

Most Photographers that are paid for their work use this technique or something similar with alternate software so that wherever the picture is sent the colour is exactly as you would wish it to print. It's pretty much plain to see in most pictures that these are definitely green, if you could get back to me on why I have green LED's that would be great. Thanks Sara :thumb:

:thumb: that's a good idea. Shipping to Chile is not cheap.:Namaste:
Hello Sara and thanks for your time :). I am really new at growing indoor with led so I could really use your help. I want to grow a few plants on a 1 meter x 1 meter x 1.6 aprox and hopefully get a lot of grams when I harvest. My final decision today was buying the Mars II 700w from aliexpress (Aliexpress.com : Buy 2014 LED Grow Light 700W New Full Spectrum 11 Band 5W Chip Hydroponic Grow Light 700W Free Hanging Kit For Indoor Grow,Home Grow from Reliable tent led light suppliers on MarsHydro LED Grow Light Co., LTD | Alibaba Group) for 373 usd and it was going to be sent to new zealand (there is a friend of mine there that will take it to chile) :) seems to be the best price for me. Would appreciate your opinion, please tell me what you think.

Thanks a lot for everythin!
Saw the inbox message you sent, thanks!

hey Sara sure, I'll have to catch them this evening as soon as they switch as both tents are in flower at the moment as a comparison test between the Mars II 1600w and two 96x3 Reflectors in 4x4 setups. As soon as I catch the switch I'll jump in then post the results here. All the best :thumb:

i just ordered a reflector,it is my second. i also own an original 300 watt classic.
have had them for just over a year now and they all still run smoothly
led light will only get better as time passes

these were not grown with mars-hydro only...little bit of window... added some warm(2700k) cfl bulbs on the sides during flower
also had another ufo i won from another company. but the main engine was the two mars.
anyway so around 340 true led watts and 192 true cfl watts
18/6 veg for 7 weeks, 11.5 on 12.5 off for flower soil was organic with me adding about a good tablespoon per gallon
of both epsom salt and dolomite lime, using five gallon containers and used dyna gro foliage pro its 9-3-6.
Doc Bud says you can use any 3-1-2 npk and should do fine all the way through, he also turned me on to Al Tapla
look him up if you do not know.
both of these gentlemen full of grow science

ok after all that rant here is what yuyo has been up to

014808.JPG
017609.JPG
016679.JPG
019486.JPG
037175.JPG
0071667.JPG
07435.JPG
08531.JPG

the first 3 pics are ak48 at 8 weeks and the rest are of a freedom haze which went on to 10 weeks
loved them both but really loved the haze so yummy
hope this worked and thank you sara and mars-hydro

:circle-of-love: thanks for this, if there is problem, I need to check with the engineer by the pic of the light-off. :Namaste:
hey Sara sure, I'll have to catch them this evening as soon as they switch as both tents are in flower at the moment as a comparison test between the Mars II 1600w and two 96x3 Reflectors in 4x4 setups. As soon as I catch the switch I'll jump in then post the results here. All the best :thumb:

:bravo::cheer::cheer: really nice, I couldn't wait for the harvest. :drool:
i just ordered a reflector,it is my second. i also own an original 300 watt classic.
have had them for just over a year now and they all still run smoothly
led light will only get better as time passes

these were not grown with mars-hydro only...little bit of window... added some warm(2700k) cfl bulbs on the sides during flower
also had another ufo i won from another company. but the main engine was the two mars.
anyway so around 340 true led watts and 192 true cfl watts
18/6 veg for 7 weeks, 11.5 on 12.5 off for flower soil was organic with me adding about a good tablespoon per gallon
of both epsom salt and dolomite lime, using five gallon containers and used dyna gro foliage pro its 9-3-6.
Doc Bud says you can use any 3-1-2 npk and should do fine all the way through, he also turned me on to Al Tapla
look him up if you do not know.
both of these gentlemen full of grow science

ok after all that rant here is what yuyo has been up to

014808.JPG
017609.JPG
016679.JPG
019486.JPG
037175.JPG
0071667.JPG
07435.JPG
08531.JPG

the first 3 pics are ak48 at 8 weeks and the rest are of a freedom haze which went on to 10 weeks
loved them both but really loved the haze so yummy
hope this worked and thank you sara and mars-hydro

hello smokeymcjoe

you need more than mars2 400W to flower nice and dense buds in that area. even for vegging, this is not optimal.

to have full light power in a 1M X 1M area you need a 1200W panel ..... 900W panel can be not bad too .... 400W or 700W is clearly not enought for flowering ... 700W may be enought for good vegging only or "maybe" a minimal flowering. im sure you want more than minimal results. so go for 900 or 1200W

Hello Sara :) thanks for the wellcome you seem really nice. I am planing to grow on a tent that is about 1 meter x 1 meter x 1.6 meter (height). I seem to be decided to buy the mars II 400w to grow, seems to be the best option for 350 bucks, the shipping to my country is so expensive :(.

I will post the link to buy here before buyig so maybe ppl can help me see if its the correct product. In case I buy on the mars hydro website, would you know any discount code? I already know the one from Mrtight :)

Have a great day! or night! :D

Thank you so much for correcting me.:thumb: I made a mistake. The coverage of MarsII 400w is 3'x3' which is supposed to be 0.9mx0.9m at the height of 0.6m. During flower, the coverage will be less. For vegging, MarsII 400w is not the best. Dark is right. :goodjob::thanks:
hello smokeymcjoe

you need more than mars2 400W to flower nice and dense buds in that area. even for vegging, this is not optimal.

to have full light power in a 1M X 1M area you need a 1200W panel ..... 900W panel can be not bad too .... 400W or 700W is clearly not enought for flowering ... 700W may be enought for good vegging only or "maybe" a minimal flowering. im sure you want more than minimal results. so go for 900 or 1200W

Good Morning :)

I really cant belive the Reflector 96x3Watt Beats 2x300 Watt (600 Watt total) true Watt 250 and the Reflector have 170 Watt ore 180... Yea the Switch Mode is Cool but i can use 1x300 Watt old Modell for vege and both in Flower Mode...

You say all the Time better Quality but newer what realy the better Quality is??? The Hanging Kitt is not an argument it is easy to Change... The Watt Chips looking to me the same Epster?

Edit:

Sarah says: the Reflector are for 9 square foot i dont think this is enough in that large space! I will say this space need 400 true Watts so Mars2 1200 ore 2x400 Mars 2....

But idont look for big space 80x80x160cm is my next tent so and I cant Buy 2 Reflector 96x3Watt for 300€ so Mars2 ore 2x300 old Modell ore maybe Hps 250 Watt

Edit 2

How good is the Spectrum from the MarsHydro LED? Someone told me the Spectrum is not good but i See here good results....

the spectrum is perfect ... just enought red to blue and white .... others led lights may have too much red like the blackstar. you cant have a better spectrum in my mind.

go for 2X300W NEW old model fiete .... you will be satisfied and you will have great flexibility. good luck lol

Hello Sara, these LED's are definitely green for sure. There can be no mistake with the camera either, I'm a professional photographer and I haven't used any straight out of camera jpegs, I use RAW then post process in Lightroom/Photoshop using the white balance tool on my grey card just as most Photographer's that have to work to a standardised colour scheme would. Here's an example:

Before:
DSC1868.JPG

After:
DSC1868rs.jpg

Most Photographers that are paid for their work use this technique or something similar with alternate software so that wherever the picture is sent the colour is exactly as you would wish it to print. It's pretty much plain to see in most pictures that these are definitely green, if you could get back to me on why I have green LED's that would be great. Thanks Sara :thumb:

Well of course white light is gonna appear green if you first white balance against red and blue :p

Well of course white light is gonna appear green if you first white balance against red and blue :p

That's a fallacy oinnk, when using white balance to correct a picture if it is done properly you will gain the exact colour reproduction that is necessary to print anywhere in the world using the same ICC profile for the exact same output. If white is looking green, then you have not done your work properly.

I recommend them for Eastern Europe wholesale partner. They are in Czech Republic, but understand English for sure...
Growshop Growshop - Growgo

Hi everyone, I have a good news to tell you guys.:cheer:
I have negotiated with a Deutsch repair centre to help us fix our lights in DE, which is in Rotterode :circle-of-love:Now all the Germany customers will benifit from it. :Namaste: any lights burnt out within warranty, can be shipped there for fix. :cheer: I also believe more and more repair centre will come out soon, If you guys can recommend someone to help us in other countries other than US and Germany, please feel free to let us know :high-five:
Happy growing my dear friends all

Hello Sara, as per your request I have uploaded some pictures of the reflector LED's whilst they are turned off. I will go and take some of the Mars II 1600w shortly but these are here in the meantime. Thanks very much for your help :)

IMGP0684150716.jpg
IMGP0683150716.jpg

I'll be back shortly to update with the Mars II 1600w pictures, all the best :thumb:

i just made a comment on you grow journal kriaze ... the first picts you took the leds were clearly warm white in the reflector panel .... so they turn green?

this pic is from your grow journal and it was the first pics you took .... the leds are clearly warm white here ..... so they changed to green?

DSC1840rs.jpg

Hey DarksideofMike, I'll go over there and answer you shortly but I'd like to get these pictures up here first :thumb:

Hey Sara, these are the pictures from the Mars II 1600w:

IMGP0688150716.jpg
IMGP0690150716.jpg
IMGP0689150716rs.jpg

I hope these pictures help, all the best :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom