Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

this pic is from your grow journal and it was the first pics you took .... the leds are clearly warm white here ..... so they changed to green?

DSC1840rs.jpg

I'll need to check which picture that is and see whether it was colour corrected or even just a phone camera shot. I'll be back shortly with an answer. If it was colour corrected then yes, they have since turned green. If not, then it was purely because I was taking a snapshot. Either way they are now green, and it's plain for anyone to see :thumb:

OK so as I've explained on my first journal's thread, those primary pictures were taken with a Sony A7II, no white balancing and at ISO 1600. They were literally quick snapshots for my own journal. Here is the EXIF info regarding that shot:

ExposureTime : 1/8000Sec
FNumber : F4.5
ExposureProgram : Aperture Priority
ISOSpeedRatings : 1600
Unknown (8830)3,1 : 2
Unknown (8832)4,1 : 1600
ExifVersion : 0230
DateTimeOriginal : 2015:04:11 11:09:28
DateTimeDigitized : 2015:04:11 11:09:28
ShutterSpeedValue : 1/8000Sec
ApertureValue : F4.5
BrightnessValue : EV6.4
ExposureBiasValue : EV-0.7
MaxApertureValue : F1.8
MeteringMode : Spot
LightSource : Shade
Flash : Not fired(Compulsory)
FocalLength : 55.00(mm)
ColorSpace : Uncalibrated
ExifImageWidth : 4134
ExifImageHeight : 2756
FocalPlaneXResolution : 54894834/32768
FocalPlaneYResolution : 54894834/32768
FocalPlaneResolutionUnit : Centimeter
FileSource : DSC
SceneType : A directly photographed image
CustomRendered : Normal process
ExposureMode : Auto
WhiteBalance : Manual
DigitalZoomRatio : 16/16
FocalLength(35mm) : 55(mm)
SceneCaptureType : Standard
Contrast : Normal
Saturation : Normal

One of the easiest ways to tell is to go and have a look at your Reflector, then see which picture better represents the actual colour of the Reflector itself. I'm pretty certain that anyone doing the same will realise that the white balanced and latest pictures are actually the more true to life colours.

So my question still stands, why have I got green LED's in my lights? Thanks in advance Sara, all the best :thumb:

OK so as I've explained on my first journal's thread, those primary pictures were taken with a Sony A7II, no white balancing and at ISO 1600. They were literally quick snapshots for my own journal. Here is the EXIF info regarding that shot:

ExposureTime : 1/8000Sec
FNumber : F4.5
ExposureProgram : Aperture Priority
ISOSpeedRatings : 1600
Unknown (8830)3,1 : 2
Unknown (8832)4,1 : 1600
ExifVersion : 0230
DateTimeOriginal : 2015:04:11 11:09:28
DateTimeDigitized : 2015:04:11 11:09:28
ShutterSpeedValue : 1/8000Sec
ApertureValue : F4.5
BrightnessValue : EV6.4
ExposureBiasValue : EV-0.7
MaxApertureValue : F1.8
MeteringMode : Spot
LightSource : Shade
Flash : Not fired(Compulsory)
FocalLength : 55.00(mm)
ColorSpace : Uncalibrated
ExifImageWidth : 4134
ExifImageHeight : 2756
FocalPlaneXResolution : 54894834/32768
FocalPlaneYResolution : 54894834/32768
FocalPlaneResolutionUnit : Centimeter
FileSource : DSC
SceneType : A directly photographed image
CustomRendered : Normal process
ExposureMode : Auto
WhiteBalance : Manual
DigitalZoomRatio : 16/16
FocalLength(35mm) : 55(mm)
SceneCaptureType : Standard
Contrast : Normal
Saturation : Normal

One of the easiest ways to tell is to go and have a look at your Reflector, then see which picture better represents the actual colour of the Reflector itself. I'm pretty certain that anyone doing the same will realise that the white balanced and latest pictures are actually the more true to life colours.

So my question still stands, why have I got green LED's in my lights? Thanks in advance Sara, all the best :thumb:
Well, cover up all the rest of the leds with black tape to see the true spectrum of the white leds. There should be 3 x Cool Whites and 3 x Warm Whites on each 48-LED panel.

I understand what you're saying oinnk. Maybe you're thinking about light bleed causing the colours to meld into a green. I thought about this too until I noticed that in two corners the 'white' LED's are surrounded by red only, which would make them pink at best. I appreciate your input but I've done pretty much everything reasonably possible and more to justify my 'claim', not only to Sara, but also to other members of this public forum. Enough is enough, I would just like a simple honest answer. It's not even as though it's that big a deal having a few greens, I don't like it but I wouldn't be expecting a refund or anything of the sort, I made my choice in purchasing and I'm not going to get petty over a mistake. I'm merely interested in finding out whether I have received some of a faulty batch, and if not I'd just want to wait until the next generation that didn't contain them before I purchased any more of these lights.

One thing is for certain though, I'm a great fan of Mars-Hydro as anyone that has been watching this thread for the past few months will tell you. But I'm not that much of a fan of anyone/anything that I'll start claiming that black is white and so on for them, or even agree that black is white, green is yellow etc when they tell me that is so. I see and speak the truth, and I expect that honesty to be returned in kind. All the best :thumb:

I'll need to check which picture that is and see whether it was colour corrected or even just a phone camera shot. I'll be back shortly with an answer. If it was colour corrected then yes, they have since turned green. If not, then it was purely because I was taking a snapshot. Either way they are now green, and it's plain for anyone to see :thumb:

I have followed the question of green lights since I too have five per panel on my 144 X 5 while I did not give it a care till Kriaze posted about them I now wonder if it is wrong. So to isolate the led's from any other light around I took a black funnel and put the small end over the offending LED and then the other end around my eye and damn the light is a dirty white so while mine are a off white almost light yellow when viewed alone perhaps yours are also.
Since light does not propagate in a straight line but in circles like a stone thrown in still water the light needs to be isolated from any other source to show its true color our eyes and even cameras see what we want to see just throw a prism into sunlight and we get colors that weren't there before (and as you get older things that aren't there).
If Sara would check with the engineers in the lab with the reflector lights being inset and lights having 90 - 120 degree angle, blending of colors would be vary near the surface of the housing especially with the added bounce of the reflectors themselves. Since we are dealing with primary colors red is red and blue is blue but red and blue is green and washes out the white.

just harvested my 2 plants inder the mars 144x5 and some really nice buds for sure, ill post weight when i can

DSCN043510.JPG
DSCN04368.JPG
DSCN04379.JPG
DSCN043413.JPG
DSCN043313.JPG
DSCN04408.JPG
DSCN044210.JPG
DSCN044314.JPG
DSCN04446.JPG
DSCN044510.JPG

small buds
DSCN04509.JPG
DSCN04519.JPG
DSCN045210.JPG
DSCN044911.JPG

Big buds
DSCN045310.JPG
DSCN045411.JPG
DSCN045513.JPG
DSCN045610.JPG

i had alot of problems in this grow and i still think ill pull about 0.33 grams per watt ill post when there dry for sure :Namaste:

if you want full light power for high yield flowering go for mars2 140X5 (700W) ... 400W will be little short but can be not bad ... 400W is perfect for 60X60

hello sara, i have a 80x80x160 tent, would you recommend the mars reflector 160x3 or the mars2 80x5 to suit this space?

I have had a negative experience with Mars Hydro. I purchased the Reflector Series 192x3w and the 96 x3w lights. The lights are spread far apart, and are individually focused creating 192 or 96 separate streams of different colored lights that do not mix well or give the plants an even colored light. This can be seen clearly in the shadows which are cast. The plants grown under these lights were long and spindly with not much foliage. I was advised to lower the lights closer to the plants even though they were already at 12in Although they were shipped from Secaucus, NJ, I was required to return them to China which cost almost as much as the lights themselves, making returning them cost prohibitive. I ask Mars Hydro If they would exchange them for a different model and was denied. They did cheerfully tell me they would try to make better lights in the future. I would not purchase these light, nor would I recommend them to anyone else. After my experience with them, I seriously wonder about all these glowing recommendations. If anyone is considering them seriously, I will sell mine, which were used less than 30 days for 50% of retail. Thank you.

this is really not my experience .... before LEDs i was using HPS and i have better results now. the plants are more healthy and have MORE foliage and more yield at the end. all that with a lot less of heat and vent.

i tried CFLs too and T5 ...... mars hydro leds is clearly the better choice in my experience.

I have had a negative experience with Mars Hydro. I purchased the Reflector Series 192x3w and the 96 x3w lights. The lights are spread far apart, and are individually focused creating 192 or 96 separate streams of different colored lights that do not mix well or give the plants an even colored light. This can be seen clearly in the shadows which are cast. The plants grown under these lights were long and spindly with not much foliage. I was advised to lower the lights closer to the plants even though they were already at 12in Although they were shipped from Secaucus, NJ, I was required to return them to China which cost almost as much as the lights themselves, making returning them cost prohibitive. I ask Mars Hydro If they would exchange them for a different model and was denied. They did cheerfully tell me they would try to make better lights in the future. I would not purchase these light, nor would I recommend them to anyone else. After my experience with them, I seriously wonder about all these glowing recommendations. If anyone is considering them seriously, I will sell mine, which were used less than 30 days for 50% of retail. Thank you.

The separate colors are in the reflections off the tent walls or other surface just like a rainbow or a prism in the sunlight. As for your plants there are just too many photos of those lights and the plants produced to blame the lights. Operator error is the usual cause and if you would ask for help I am sure more than a few would try there is a lot more than light and water to grow indoors and some make it look easy others just never make it work

yep the sun series 600W is surely better than mars2 700W, but the spectrum is different and try to mimic the sun light, really not sure about this special spectrum .... and sun series is upgrading to cree chips and remote control and more next month i think .... the price will be big too ....

Me again! just discovered the sun series of the Mars, would it be better than de 700w? :D

Lol couldnt find it on aliexpress or ebay anyway, seems to be only for us. Now I am wondering if the 700w or the 900w... In another forum many ppl told me not to buy this light because they are faulty but I read so many good opinions and saw great videos, mostly for the 900 and above (the 700w video also seems really cool and ppl seem to get 150 grams with it). Still not making a final decision.

i have 2 panels old model 100X3 .... 1 panel mars2 400W .... 1 UFO 180W .... and 1 relfector 48X3 (1 new old model 60X5 very soon)

all are not faulty and still working very good after 2 years for somes. you can buy with confidence. if your area is still 1M X 1M you better go for 900W or 1200W mars2. forget about 700w.

Lol couldnt find it on aliexpress or ebay anyway, seems to be only for us. Now I am wondering if the 700w or the 900w... In another forum many ppl told me not to buy this light because they are faulty but I read so many good opinions and saw great videos, mostly for the 900 and above (the 700w video also seems really cool and ppl seem to get 150 grams with it). Still not making a final decision.

i also have a mars 2 900 and 700 as well as a 144x5 reflector and 48x3 reflector all of which are almost 6 months with no problem. i have read some bad reviews as well but from experience i love my lights :circle-of-love: i actually just harvested if anyone wants another idea of how the 144x5 lights will produce in flower (i used t5 lights for veg)

Back
Top Bottom