Monkey's First Grow

Hey guys, need some help got some damaged leaves. Not sure what its from, if its a nute problem or just plane old damage from roughly handling.. Here are pics

This is plant one, as you can see there is damage on one leaf but one leave alone.. The rest look fine and healthy
420-magazine-mobile1403445054.jpg

This is plant 2, once again only one leave that is showing damage..
420-magazine-mobile551771706.jpg

So what you guys think.. Nute problem or did i just damage them while moving and the training?
First pic looks like possible calmag def.
420-magazine-mobile414465247.jpg

Second pic looks like its just ripped by human or other animal hehe.

Sent from my SM-G935F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Okay here is whats happened so far. Plant one has received no nutes as i planted it in potting soil mixed with homemade compost 50/50 mix.. And plant 2 is in potting soil only and have been receiving nutes for the last two weeks..

Here are the two nutes i have on hand..

420-magazine-mobile1955716327.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1339568373.jpg

Plant 2 and my one seedling have been receiving nutes from the first pic and this week i switched over to the nutes from pic 2.. As i said.. Plant one that might have the calmag def have not received nutes at all yet as i thought the soil should still be rich with nutes especially with the way she has been growing lately:. A lot faster then the one that has been getting nutes.

So between the 2 nutes which one should i use for plant 1 then?

Okay here is whats happened so far. Plant one has received no nutes as i planted it in potting soil mixed with homemade compost 50/50 mix.. And plant 2 is in potting soil only and have been receiving nutes for the last two weeks..

Here are the two nutes i have on hand..

420-magazine-mobile1955716327.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1339568373.jpg

Plant 2 and my one seedling have been receiving nutes from the first pic and this week i switched over to the nutes from pic 2.. As i said.. Plant one that might have the calmag def have not received nutes at all yet as i thought the soil should still be rich with nutes especially with the way she has been growing lately:. A lot faster then the one that has been getting nutes.

So between the 2 nutes which one should i use for plant 1 then?
Next quest please

Sent from my SM-G935F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Okay so i did a bit of an upgrade today to my lighting.. Originally i had 2x 85w 6400k and 2x 20w 2700k cfl bulbs in my cabinet.. But seeing as im splitting my cab into two parts now, a vegs side and a flowering side i decided to change my light setup.. So now i took out the 2 20w 2700k cfl bulbs and replaced them with 2 85w 6400k cfl bulbs. So now i have 4x 85w 6400k cfl bulbs = 350w 6400k lighting in a 8 square foot of growing space.. So now my vegs side is pushing out roughly between 13-15k lux in that cabinet according to the two lux reading apps i downloaded..

420-magazine-mobile1610039212.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2015396936.jpg

Hopefully this speeds up my growth till i move them over to my flower side. Keep in mind this is with the lights just hanging freely with no reflectors. Im still waiting on my mate to bring a grinder so i can cut a piece of steal to make a mounting with reflectors for the four lights.

Okay so i have a bit of a problem.. Seems i have a small infestation of spider mites.. Started noticing white spots on some fan leaves and now when i check under the leave i could see super small critters moving. After some research i come to the conclusion that it has to be spider mites. So far its only a few leaves that have been attacked so to speak so i hope this is still early stages.. Anyhow, i have a rose pesticide for red spider mites, can i use this for my problem or do i need to go get a specific insecticide for these little buggers?

Okay so i have a bit of a problem.. Seems i have a small infestation of spider mites.. Started noticing white spots on some fan leaves and now when i check under the leave i could see super small critters moving. After some research i come to the conclusion that it has to be spider mites. So far its only a few leaves that have been attacked so to speak so i hope this is still early stages.. Anyhow, i have a rose pesticide for red spider mites, can i use this for my problem or do i need to go get a specific insecticide for these little buggers?

I think if you are going to use any pesticide you may want to find one that is "food friendly" though I don't know if there is such a thing. However, for spider mites I think you can just use plain old dish soap watered down in a spray bottle. That's probably the "safest" thing you could apply to something you're going to be smoking eventually and it's convenient to get. Make a quick google search for "dish soap to treat spider mites".

If you use the dish soap method be sure to "rinse" the leaves with a spray of clean water a few hours after you've done the soapy water application. If the soap solution is left on the leaves for too long it has the potential to damage them.

Hope you don't mind me subbing your thread, I'm running a CFL grow too, though it's much smaller.

So i did my repotting today to bigger pots and redid the lst.. Hope it wasnt to much stress for the plant and that she bounces back nicely.. I added a light nute wAtering after the transplant to help so hope all goes well., gonna keep those two girls in vegs for another two weeks and move them over to the flowering side. Wish me luck..

For those interested my new medium they are in is potting soil, organic compost, perlite and vermiculite...

Just worked it out plant 1 has been roughly 2 weeks in vegs outside and 4 weeks in vegs inside my grow cabinet plus today so thats roughly 43 days in veg. Plant two was planted a week later so she is roughly 36 days in vegs. Gonna keep them in vegs for another two weeks before moving them over to flowering. Giving the two a total of roughly 7-8 weeks in veg. So with that said veg period so far is:

Plant 1 = 43 days veg
Plant 2 = 36 days veg

But i must say that plant 2 is a lot smaller then her older sister and her growth is a lot slower too. Wonder why this is. Hope my repotting and new medium helps to speed up the growth and add only positive things. But anyhow thats just a summary of my grow so far for those interested.. Will post some pics soon..

Is it drying out at least 5cm deep in top of soil before you water again?
Your pots have drainage holes in bottom right?

Well in the beginning i made the mistake of over watering but later on stopped with that and always made sure it was fried properly before watering.. And yes they had draining holes.. But they both repotted now in bigger pots, so lets see what happens from here on out... But the slow growth of plant 2 really baffles me.. Not sure if its because of the strain type.. Anyhow, lets see what happens in the next two weeks before switching over to flowering...

Back
Top Bottom