More of a question, if anyone can help

naked eye harvesting:
Watch the pistils and the chunkiness. Get a picture of what a fully developed bud of that variety should look like. Note the lack of white pistils and the chunkiness of the bud. You want your bud to look like that at the end.

Without a picture, you can look at your pistils at the very top of the plant. If there are any white pistils that are sticking straight out, you are still more than 2 weeks away from the finish. At the 2 week point, while there still may be some white pistils, they are all now bent at the top, nothing sticking straight out. Over that final two weeks the white pistils will disappear (in most varieties) and turn color and pull back into the bud. When you can no longer spot ANY white pistils at the top of the plant, you are probably also getting amber trichomes. Even from a distance, oftentimes it can be noticed that the buds have taken on a darker, redder or purple tint to them. Chunkiness, no white pistils and a color change of the buds, says harvest to me.

naked eye harvesting:
Watch the pistils and the chunkiness. Get a picture of what a fully developed bud of that variety should look like. Note the lack of white pistils and the chunkiness of the bud. You want your bud to look like that at the end.

Without a picture, you can look at your pistils at the very top of the plant. If there are any white pistils that are sticking straight out, you are still more than 2 weeks away from the finish. At the 2 week point, while there still may be some white pistils, they are all now bent at the top, nothing sticking straight out. Over that final two weeks the white pistils will disappear (in most varieties) and turn color and pull back into the bud. When you can no longer spot ANY white pistils at the top of the plant, you are probably also getting amber trichomes. Even from a distance, oftentimes it can be noticed that the buds have taken on a darker, redder or purple tint to them. Chunkiness, no white pistils and a color change of the buds, says harvest to me.
Yeah pretty much all of the buds have white hairs some at the top and when I look from the bottem most are sticking out from the actual bud vertically, only one bud has almost fully orange hairs and it’s like an actual bud. That’s the one below

That’s her as of now, the yellowing has gotten worse should I start flushing her? Was hoping to flush for a week then chop but idk if she’s ready

29148025-CCEC-427B-A1F7-0F16F833C843.jpeg

Dude, that plant looks great.... please don’t flush that one. Not now....ok that’s just burnt tips. Its no biggie at all. Those tips will stay yellow they dont turn green again no matter what you do. Everyone here burns tips, it’s a fact of growing. To quote Emilya “if you don’t burn the tips you arent trying hard enough”

look this isnt a hydro grow you’ve got soil, this is as good as it gets taste wise. Grow your plants forget about flushing every time the wind blows. It’s crazy, yes there is a POSSIBLE case for flushing when switching from veg nutes to bloom nutes or if you are running FF products perhaps. But she is trying hard to fatten your buds, the soil is depleted, she needs the nutes to finish up. She can’t do it on straight water..... Feed don’t flush.

The plant takes up what it takes up from the soil and the nutes, no amount of flushing the soil or rinsing the roots can change that. Lab tests says there’s ZERO difference between flushed bud and unflushed bud, if there’s no difference and it’s a pain in the ass - then why do it. Preharvest Flushing <<< follow the link - read the science.

here’s what you do, feed, water, feed, water, feed, water, and stick with that routine.

She’s close, have you got loupe, mini microscope, or download phone app called magnifyer?

not gonna type it again - read post #11 here faq page Post #11
I do not have a loupe or usb microscope, I downloaded a app but it’s garbage I can’t see shit lol. I’ve been told I can harvest it in the next 3 days but nah I’m good, I don’t wanna chop her if she’s still got bulking to do you know

Dude, that plant looks great.... please don’t flush that one. Not now....ok that’s just burnt tips. Its no biggie at all. Those tips will stay yellow they dont turn green again no matter what you do. Everyone here burns tips, it’s a fact of growing. To quote Emilya “if you don’t burn the tips you arent trying hard enough”

look this isnt a hydro grow you’ve got soil, this is as good as it gets taste wise. Grow your plants forget about flushing every time the wind blows. It’s crazy, yes there is a POSSIBLE case for flushing when switching from veg nutes to bloom nutes or if you are running FF products perhaps. But she is trying hard to fatten your buds, the soil is depleted, she needs the nutes to finish up. She can’t do it on straight water..... Feed don’t flush.

The plant takes up what it takes up from the soil and the nutes, no amount of flushing the soil or rinsing the roots can change that. Lab tests says there’s ZERO difference between flushed bud and unflushed bud, if there’s no difference and it’s a pain in the ass - then why do it. Preharvest Flushing <<< follow the link - read the science.

here’s what you do, feed, water, feed, water, feed, water, and stick with that routine.
But ty never thought it get these big buds ngl

They look really nice!!! Agree early harvest is not good...

Snip a small chunk of calyx, don’t squish it.... move it to the table - use the magnifyer app, prop your phone for stability. Get better pics & post them here. Trichs are freaking tiny and you gotta zoom big time to see them that’s what app does - it turns your phone into mini microscope. If you can’t tell clear, cloudy or amber then you need better eyes by using more magnification! hope this helps!

They look really nice!!! Agree early harvest is not good...

Snip a small chunk of calyx, don’t squish it.... move it to the table - use the magnifyer app, prop your phone for stability. Get better pics & post them here. Trichs are freaking tiny and you gotta zoom big time to see them that’s what app does - it turns your phone into mini microscope. If you can’t tell clear, cloudy or amber then you need better eyes by using more magnification! hope this helps!
I’ll take a another bud off tomorrow i literally took another sample off today and I’m smoking it right now, I’ve got the magnifying app I’ll try get some photos tomorrow, I’m looking for some amber not a lot though, yet again I’m not really bothered as anything that’s nice to smoke will be good for me

This can’t be normal it’s literally going like autumn colours on the majority of the bud sights should I give a flush and top with some nutes? Like the ends aren’t brittle like they would be with nute burn they’re still staying onto the leaf

2FDC8020-0B62-4073-8702-ED09FD0EEF62.jpeg

She is very close to harvest.
Like real close.
Nothing you do will change the leaf tips at this point.
Probably sucking every last drop of available nutrients .
Just keep the cycle going.
Feed. Water. Feed . Water.
You really need a devise to see the trichs my friend.
Search for photos of same plant others have grown.
Do you have a harvest plan yet ?
How are you going to dry and cure ?

you are close if not right on top of it. a loupe is cheap and would really help your cause.

a lot of plants go through a late bud swell, bulking up about two wks out from harvest. the ability to check your trichs will help you to not miss this if it's going to happen.

She is very close to harvest.
Like real close.
Nothing you do will change the leaf tips at this point.
Probably sucking every last drop of available nutrients .
Just keep the cycle going.
Feed. Water. Feed . Water.
You really need a devise to see the trichs my friend.
Search for photos of same plant others have grown.
Do you have a harvest plan yet ?
How are you going to dry and cure ?
My plan is to prolong the dry Aslong as I can (I’ve heard the longer the better) for curing I’m not too fussy but will be jarring and burping etc.

That 'Yellowing' you're worried about is mild nute burn. Your old fan leaves are still too dark green which indicates to me that you better stop nutes and just give her water to the end. I want to see old fans start yellowing for real about week 7 in a 9 week plant. Tells me she's stealing mobile nutes like N, P, K from her leaves to build bigger buds and they won't be overloaded with salts.

I trim fresh off the plant then put the buds in doubled up paper bags and slow dry them in the cool basement or in a fridge. Can take up to 5 weeks to dry down enough to jar and burp and even then they are still moist enough to make a big clump but if much care is taken you get the best buds ever. No green in sight and such a smooth toke. Not for slackers tho as forgetting to dump and air can get mould going especially in the early stages of both parts.

There is no benefit to flushing unless you really overdosed your plants. Anything that's in the plants isn't coming out thru the roots thus the water only so it forces the dark green plants like yours to scavenge what they need and use up stored salts. You could force a bunch of runoff to wash extra salts out of the pot to help that process tho.

Many plants get harvest colours near the end. These OG#18 I grew a few years back were one of my faves. I'm still smoking on that 3 yo bud and it's better if anything.

OG18HarvestTrimming.jpg

OG18HarvestPreCure.jpg

OG18BudzWellCured.jpg

Tell me those buds don't have bag appeal. lol Still in the burping stage there.

:peace:

Plants are looking good! I would follow Oldmedusers advice. I dont feed nutes to my grows so I cant give too much info. But I would definitely stop "feeding " any more nutes. Water only. Your pretty much finished. And dont be discouraged, it's still a new process for you and you've done a great job so far! When I started indoor gardening I was told that when I thought she was done...wait another week! And then another...
Was some of the best advice out there! But you definitely need a loupe or something to help you view your trich's. That's the main determining factor, at least for me. But as you wait, and prolong...shell be looking for nourishment and since she shouldn't be being "fed" any nutes (plain water only) ,then she will be searching/looking for nourishment or food anywhere she can get her pretty little roots to! So she'll begin to take anything nutritious from her water leaves wich will leave them to turn yellow, brown, maybe even scribble up and die. It's fine. The buds will be fine because that's where all the goodness is being re-channeled to. Nature sure is a trip! Anywho, try not to be so anxious and in a hurry to cut down. The end of flower is when the magic happens! Most of the swelling, weight, and smells are determined during these finishing days, and weeks.

Back
Top Bottom