MotaFina - 2nd Indoor Grow - Damnesia & Special Kush - Supersoil - HID

Hey MF !

Nice healthy looking plants ! ;-)

Growing with CFL's, I'm always wearing sunglasses. Impossible otherwise.
You can go a while with 2 bulbs per plant. Enough to top them and let them recuperate from that. As long as they grow well and with short inter-nodes, they're happy with what they got.

Topping : Since you're not taking clones, I'd top as soon as possible; only cut the tiny growth while making sure you cut the main stem. They recuperate quickly from that. (I did that at ~4 nodes (keeping 3) on a clone that I gave away and it grew great). I look at your plants and I'd top Damnesia#1 right away but that's just me. I'm by no means an expert ;-)

4 smaller plants vs 2 big ones : It's the sea-of-green (SOG) principle and I think it may yield as much, In a shorter time (saving on electricity, nutes, etc). But your special kush will be smaller in a 4 plant setup than if you grow 1 big SK and 1 big Damnesia.

Re-potting : On my next grow I'll go from solo-cup to final pot. I hate re-potting. But It's just me ;-)

Happy growing !

Hey MF !

Nice healthy looking plants ! ;-)

Growing with CFL's, I'm always wearing sunglasses. Impossible otherwise.
You can go a while with 2 bulbs per plant. Enough to top them and let them recuperate from that. As long as they grow well and with short inter-nodes, they're happy with what they got.

Topping : Since you're not taking clones, I'd top as soon as possible; only cut the tiny growth while making sure you cut the main stem. They recuperate quickly from that. (I did that at ~4 nodes (keeping 3) on a clone that I gave away and it grew great). I look at your plants and I'd top Damnesia#1 right away but that's just me. I'm by no means an expert ;-)

4 smaller plants vs 2 big ones : It's the sea-of-green (SOG) principle and I think it may yield as much, In a shorter time (saving on electricity, nutes, etc). But your special kush will be smaller in a 4 plant setup than if you grow 1 big SK and 1 big Damnesia.

Re-potting : On my next grow I'll go from solo-cup to final pot. I hate re-potting. But It's just me ;-)

Happy growing !

That's a good point on the size of the Special Kush. And thanks for the advice on sunglasses. I always forget them in the car!

Have you done any topping yet ? How are things going ?

Good timing...I just topped all four plants about 5 minutes ago. I topped down to 4 nodes on all plants. I'll post some photos in a couple days. All still looking healthy.

Pics or it didnt happen lol

Well, I suppose if evidence is required, then you shall have it! Here you go:

Damnesia 1:

Topped1_8_28.JPG

Profile:

Topped4_8_28.JPG

Damnesia 3:

Topped3_8_28.JPG

Damnesia 2:

Topped2_8_28.JPG

Special K:

Topped5_8_28.JPG

Tops:

Topped6_8_28.JPG

I can't believe the tight node spacing compared to the last grow. CFLs or genetics?

Yeah, great structure, you're gonna love that grow !

CFLs do a great job for young plants, but Indicas grow tighter... Your White-Widows were more Sativa I think and those are more Indica maybe ?

The Special Kush is 80/20 Indica/Sativa. Damnesia is 40/60, but is still considered Indica dominant for some reason. Maybe Sativa genes/phenotypes are more recessive.

The Special Kush is 80/20 Indica/Sativa. Damnesia is 40/60, but is still considered Indica dominant for some reason. Maybe Sativa genes/phenotypes are more recessive.

I think in a hybrid, in some measure, some traits will be more sativa, some traits more Indica, independently of S/I ratio. For example, a plant with a more sativa high could grow more like an Indica structure. That's why it's fascinating (and confusing) to search for the "perfect" hybrid seeds and the perfect ratio of S/I for one's priorities!

Great choice on Damnesia. Good yielder, medium size, and a strong appetite stimulant ;-) Any CBDs in there ?

Any CBDs in there ?

AllBud.com shows Damnesia having 1% CBD.

I didn't buy any this time, but sometime I want to try growing a high-CBD strain. I'm such a lightweight with THC that I might enjoy a CBD strain.

I didn't buy any this time, but sometime I want to try growing a high-CBD strain. I'm such a lightweight with THC that I might enjoy a CBD strain.

Man, if you were near Montreal, I'd give you one RQS Euphoria seed ;-) Equal THC + CBD at ~ 8-10%. Very fun and clear high, not very sleepy, euphoric (of course) and removes much of my tennis pains. Haven't even smoked full mature buds yet and we're happy with it. It would also qualify as a daytime medication I guess.

AllBud says Sativa Dominant 60%/40% and Seedfinder says that also....
Greenhouseseeds who founded strainhunters... says that also.
60/40 sativa is more realistic based on strain lineage (Amnesia Haze ~ 80% sativa x A.M.S.~50/50).

Man, if you were near Montreal, I'd give you one RQS Euphoria seed ;-) Equal THC + CBD at ~ 8-10%. Very fun and clear high, not very sleepy, euphoric (of course) and removes much of my tennis pains.

That'd be awesome. I'll be right there! Just kiddin', but thanks for the offer. I'm about 90 minutes from Montreal, but we don't have our passports so we haven't gone up there in years.

Haven't even smoked full mature buds yet and we're happy with it.

That should be real soon, right? How are those ladies doing?

That'd be awesome. I'll be right there! Just kiddin', but thanks for the offer. I'm about 90 minutes from Montreal, but we don't have our passports so we haven't gone up there in years.

That should be real soon, right? How are those ladies doing?

We go like once a year in Burlington VT, so maybe next year I'll let you know. I'd be glad to meet IRL sometime ;-)
Thinking of it, we talked about going to the Shelburne Museum later this year (we never got to see it, it never rained while we were around)... around the 6-9 of October (our thanksgiving holiday). Not sure though.

My girls... d'oh, they're just busy making more foxtails, darn, ahaha.

We go like once a year in Burlington VT, so maybe next year I'll let you know. I'd be glad to meet IRL sometime ;-)
Thinking of it, we talked about going to the Shelburne Museum later this year (we never got to see it, it never rained while we were around)... around the 6-9 of October (our thanksgiving holiday). Not sure though.

My girls... d'oh, they're just busy making more foxtails, darn, ahaha.

We went to Shelburne Museum a few weeks ago to see Elvis Costello in concert. They have outdoor concerts in the summer. Great venue. The museum itself has a lot of outdoor exhibits and grounds, so might be better visited on a nice day.

Update Day 28 from seed:

Here's the girls:

P1100859.JPG

Damnesia 1 - The Damnesia is stretching out now....showing the Sativa genes I think:

P1100854.JPG

P1100856.JPG

Damnesia 2:

P1100855.JPG

Damnesia 3 - this one I accidentally FIMed it - hard to see here but there's a third top coming up where I topped the plant:

P1100857.JPG

Special K - This plant seems to be displaying it's Indica genes. It's shorter, much more compact and darker green:

P1100858.JPG

No nutrients added yet and I don't plan to unless I see signs of deficiency. I'm also not checking pH at all, since that is supposedly not needed with supersoil. I'll be up-potting this week to 3-gal pots, which will refresh the soil with new supersoil. Once they're in 3-gal pots, I'll start some LST.

Back
Top Bottom