Mr. 9-Milly Attempts Autos Again

Snap I F-up!! down to earth fertilizer is 4-6-2 not 4-4-4 . For some reason I feel like it's not a good fertilizer has anyone ever used it or even heard/know of it ?
That's not a cannabis ratio, but FFOF has nutes in it already.
@InTheShed
What kind of corrective action could be taken at that stage? You think it would survive a serious medium flush?
:hmmmm:
YES!!! my poor girl is swimming in that shit!! Do you think I can pull her out by her hair and drop her into something else?
I'd say gently transplant into a new pot of FFOF without disturbing the roots if possible, and then run some water through the pot.

Ideally into a soil with no fertilizer at all if you have any laying around.

@Azboxingfan I have had very good success with both of these mixes to start seedlings.

Really mild soil or coco is a safe bet to start them.

I also do not start nutrients until they are a few weeks old. I try to ease them into that as well. 1/4 strength at first, then build up from there. I rarely run full strength.
I've burnt a bunch of plants over the last couple years. I've learned to keep everything simple and I've had healthy plants since.
:snowboating:

I use Dyna Gro "Protekt (silica)" and Dyna Gro "Foliage Pro" as my base nutrients. It is enough to get you through a crop from start to finish.

There are other additives that help with specific stages of growth, but, for simplicity, the Dyna duo is great!

That's not a cannabis ratio, but FFOF has nutes in it already.

I'd say gently transplant into a new pot of FFOF without disturbing the roots if possible, and then run some water through the pot.

Ideally into a soil with no fertilizer at all if you have any laying around.
9M
There are all sorts of nutes you can get for cannabis in neutral soil and everyone will have a different preference. I'm currently using MegaCrop from greenleaf nutrients, which is one nute from start to harvest. You can get a free sample from their website for the cost of shipping. It should last a long
@Azboxingfan I have had very good success with both of these mixes to start seedlings.

Really mild soil or coco is a safe bet to start them.

I also do not start nutrients until they are a few weeks old. I try to ease them into that as well. 1/4 strength at first, then build up from there. I rarely run full strength.
I've burnt a bunch of plants over the last couple years. I've learned to keep everything simple and I've had healthy plants since.

Thx Homie!!

All of you guys are so dope! I'm going to repot her and hope for the best. And I'm going to beat the guy at my hydro store for misleading me!! That fool told me to go heavy on the fertilizer because 420 plants eat alot!!
Some do!

Later in their lives. But.... she will let you know. Get a good solid foundation, then you can push your nutes up a bit to see what she will tolerate. If/when you start to see bleaching/burning on the leaf tips, then back off.

I just take baby steps with nutrients until I get to a suitable level.

Different phenos will feed differently too. Just keep a close eye on your ladies and you'll do great.

OK I gotta say my part about FFOF being too hot for seedlings. Of 8 plants recently, 6 have been started from tap directly in FFOF, the other two in MG's Organic Potting Soil. I'm a rogue, I know. But all 8 never had any issues whatsoever with hot soil. I'm not telling anyone it's OK, because I don't need a bunch of PM's saying you killed my plants, but it's OK!
That is all.

Here's a couple quick shots of the babies this morning.

They seem to be happy & healthy. I lowered their light a bit and they are responding well. Another day or two of good growth, then I will crank the lights up a little bit more.

Preston looking good,I think your spot on about your growing methods well said,I think I'll LST my 2 grape fruit auto's it's worked well in the past and try not to top them and maybe push them 24/0,but now at 2 days old I'll focus on getting them out of the seedling stage,I was going to try organic soil instead of Promix hp ,but I think its possible in such a short life cycle of the auto's bottle feeding could result in larger yields ?seems simpler or I"m old and can't take change. Lol

Some people hate trimming... I HATE busting up compressed coco. LoL
o_O

I'm trying to bust out some prep work for these autos while I have the day off. But... holy hell! This sucks!

Anywhoo...
I started with a 5 kilo brick of coco coir.

Sawzall helps to cut into manageable strips so it can be busted up by hand.

But.... I snuck in a secret weapon this time to bust it all up. It was still slow and tedious, but at least my hands won't be sore all weekend.

Worked through that brick, slab by slab.

After all busted up and fluffy, I transfer to a tote with drain holes, then flush TF outta it

After sitting long enough for the runoff to completely drain out, the medium was charged with 1/4 strength nutes and set in the shed until I fill their pots. I know there is a much better chance of it remaining bug free if I keep it in the Temple.

Everyone seems really healthy & happy. Hope to get them in their final homes soon.

Nice move on the thrift store blender!
It worked pretty well. I still had to cut/break the pieces into smaller chunks, but I found a rhythm and jammed through it. I was only feeding a good sized handful at a time. Pulse, dump, repeat... for about 2 hours. LoL

Back
Top Bottom